Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Everyone hide your casette tapes because here is Coleco Adam-tan!

She represents one of the most infamous computers, notorious for erasing nearby tapes because of electromagnetic energy she involuntarily generates. That is also why she often has very bad hair days! She is (or was) a skilled gamer and secretary, rival to Apple II-tan and the early Mac-tans but this rivalry started to die down in '85 when Adam got discontinued (was introduced in '83) and ended probably ended altogether in '88 (err... that was when her company went bankrupt. Surely by then she has completely given up on these rivalries). She's a strange girl, being very tomboyish yet always carries a Cabbage Patch doll with her and she also always has her printer with her because it is her lifeforce as the power supply of the Adam is in the printer and if that doesn't work, then the whole system doesn't work!

C-Chan

Gyaaaaaah!!!  Aurora-sama strikes again!!! ^__^
I already commented on it before, but I'll say again that she looks very cute, plus the lighting of the static discharge is very well done (the printer and static-ridden hair are a nice touch).  ^v^

The clothing is also unique,... I've never seen you create a style like that before.  ^____^

Just one question, though,... what's with the Cabbage Patch doll?  (aside from it being an 80's thing.... ^v^;)

Also, if you can spare at least a quick cameo appearance here, I'd be indebted to you....  

http://ostan-collections.net/post-32338.html#32338

Aurora Borealis

The Cabbage Patch dolls are from the same company as the Adam. I didn't know that until yesterday! (it's now just past midnight where I am)

Bella

Where you come up with these obscure and zany OS's I'll never know :D

Great job! I really like the clothing and lighting effects.

And an computer and doll being made from the same company...O_o That's asking for trouble XD

Aurora Borealis

Indeed. A computer and a doll being made from the same company did result in a lot of trouble when people's tapes were being erased and not a very good job was done with the instruction manuals, probably leading to people wanting refunds for their 'defective' computer and the sales from the Cabbage Patch dolls probably couldn't make up for that for the company.

And I just finished this! Did all the work in Inkscape in the morning yesterday before I left for a road trip and finished in Photoshop shortly after I got back home!

C-Chan

Yes indeed, I may not get the reference 100%, but doesn't stop it from being funny as hell!  ^v^

I'm lovin' it, and certainly the more LInux the better!  ^___^

Bella

Linux-sama cosplaying....XD

I hope we see more renditions of Linux-sama from you! I'd love to see her in ZerOSanity!

Aurora Borealis

I would like to be able to get Linux-tan to appear in zerOSanity however I don't know what her role would be :(

But I got some more pictures done!

This picture speaks for itself! SCO Unix-tan with a lawsuit and her catchphrase, RedHat-tan angry and going berzerk but getting dragged away by her sister!

My attempt at a combination of Juzo-kun's rendition and my old rendition of Mandriva-tan

PCLOS-tan chilling out after rounding up some dogies or whatever she usually does. However I ended up screwing up because she was SUPPOSED to be sitting on the fence x__x

Bella

;010

Yay! An Aurora rendition of PCLOS-tan! Incredibly cute! (and I hope we see a colored version!)

Mandriva-tan is nice, too...!

But I really like the SCO Unix/RHL-tan/Fedora-tan pic XD

I don't know what Linux-sama's roll could be in ZerOSanity, either...maybe as some sort of leader for the Linux distro-tans...?

C-Chan

...............................I knew it, Aurora draws wonders on purpose....  -v-

*MEGA SWOONS!!!!!!!!!*

*estimated consciousness time:  6hrs 54mns*

Alfamille

Quote from: "C-Chan"Awesome blossom!  ^__^

Speaking of which, dude, did you check out our latest and greatest spoof of the Troubled Windows wallpapers?  ^v^

Hey! Where's Sonata on that one?! ;013

But I love it! The background was definitely vintage Macintosh! And also good "catch" about Leopard-tan coming out of a portal!  ;019

;010  Thank you C, Aurora and Tsubashi-dono too!

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Look how much I got done in one day!

Leopard-tan realizes that using her pocketwatch is a lot easier! But what was she doing trying to operate the time-travelling DeLorean in the first place? Who knows? Hey, it's a parody. That's why! :D MAC TO THE FUTURE!

Oh Aurora! That also made my day! I really love how you draw Leopard-tan! Love her looks, her white outfit, skirt, her shoes, and also her belt (close, minimize, maximize-nice catch!). She's smoking on that pic! Yoru works are eyecandy or should I say "iCandy" as always :P Kudos to you! I just wish those anonymous artist would stop harassing that poor Leopard-kun -_-.

And  I also thought that parody of yours would be a great advertisement for the upcoming MACOSx Leopard, don't you think?

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I know. It's such a bummer! Leopard has been delayed to work on the iPhone! >__< Sure, the iPhone is really spiffy and has the neatest interface I've seen on a cellphone but I don't really care anymore because I don't know who the heck spends $600 on a cellphone that would be very likely to get stolen -_-

And because of that delay, Vista came out before Leopard! Imagine that! 0__0

Guess what! I am also not thinking of buying an iPhone. It's not that I hate or anything, actually I also like to give it a try one day. I'm sure there will be better and updated versions one day...so I'm not worrying  about it. I just wish Apple goodluck on it :) It's just that I still have my Sony Ericsson K608i and it's compatible on iSync on my iBook....so nothing to worry over here.

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"

I call it "V for VMS"! Got the inspiration for this when "V for Vendetta" was mentioned

Everyone hide your casette tapes because here is Coleco Adam-tan!

She represents one of the most infamous computers, notorious for erasing nearby tapes because of electromagnetic energy she involuntarily generates. That is also why she often has very bad hair days! She is (or was) a skilled gamer and secretary, rival to Apple II-tan and the early Mac-tans but this rivalry started to die down in '85 when Adam got discontinued (was introduced in '83) and ended probably ended altogether in '88 (err... that was when her company went bankrupt. Surely by then she has completely given up on these rivalries). She's a strange girl, being very tomboyish yet always carries a Cabbage Patch doll with her and she also always has her printer with her because it is her lifeforce as the power supply of the Adam is in the printer and if that doesn't work, then the whole system doesn't work!

Nice sketch of VMS! You should've recieved large points for noticing VMS :)

Now time to go retro!

Nice one too on Adam-tan! She better take care of herself on that electric discharge around her. I guess it does really represent her hardware problems :P (nice reaction to her face by the way). I remember once that it has the old Donkey Kong with it, a nice buddy of mine who works on a computer school have kept one of those yet he can't decide if he's going to sell it or even ignore it more than ever :P

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"
Got a new picture drawn! After seeing Bella's picture of Linux-tan wearing Beryl, I decided to draw that too!

My attempt at a combination of Juzo-kun's rendition and my old rendition of Mandriva-tan

PCLOS-tan chilling out after rounding up some dogies or whatever she usually does. However I ended up screwing up because she was SUPPOSED to be sitting on the fence x__x

Nice sketch of Mandriva-tan and Linux-tan! Linux-tan in a Beryl suit  gave her more of an Amazon and exotic look, nice job! ^_^

Y'know. I'm really intrigued by this PCL-tan. After seeing C-chan's rendition. She could be the OS-tan of the month...or even OS-tan of the year, not to mention PCLinuxOS' ads around here.

It gives her more attraction as calm, quiet and soothing backgrounds always around her

Again, apologies for not being here for so long on this thread Aurora! :)

C-Chan

*regains consciousness*

GAH!!!!  Aurora-sama!!!  You made it TOO powerfully SUGOI!!!!  XvX
It's not--.........  enough--.....

*mega swoons again*

Added after 4 minutes:

*regains consciousness*

Oh, btw,....  The original PCLinuxOS-tan pic was incredible as you say because it was actually a joint effort between Bella-san and myself.  As you can also see from the wallpaper (which doesn't feature Sonata-san cause she's already in a Running Windows wallpaper), two or more artists always do better than one.  ^___^

The new PCLOS-tan pic by Aurora-sama, however, is also mind-blowingly cute!!  ^v^
+ Mandriva-sama + SCO and Co., and....

Triple Mind-Blowing,... ness....

aka, Pleasure Overload-Induced Swoonage.... XvX

*swoons*

Added after 10 hours 9 minutes:

*regains consciousness*

*quickly sprays himself with 'Anti-Swooning Spray' and slips the canister back into his Bat utility belt*

HAHA!!!!!!  You're not making me fate again with your awesome artwork!  Now prepare yourself, Aurora-sama, while I admire your drawings case by case,... MWAHAHA~!!!!!!!  ^0^

Added after 18 minutes:

QuoteI would like to be able to get Linux-tan to appear in zerOSanity however I don't know what her role would be

That's quite easy.  ^__^
She's a simple fisherwoman trying to get enough food to feed her penguin flock, when suddenly a big well-endowed Windows-tan -- fired from a cannon using an obvious mistrajectory -- happens to fall from the sky right over her.  Fortunately for Linux-sama she wears her KDE/GNU helmet almost all the time.  UNfortunately for the Windows-tan,... it's a KDE/GNU HELMET!!!!  (= mega ouch factor)

QuoteThis picture speaks for itself! SCO Unix-tan with a lawsuit and her catchphrase, RedHat-tan angry and going berzerk but getting dragged away by her sister!

WAAHOO!!!  Out of the blue almost, SCO-chan seems to be gaining some prominence,... already she appears way more than her mom Xenix-san does.  ^___^

Plus you have a way of capturing the Red Hat sister duo quite nicely!  ^.^

QuoteMy attempt at a combination of Juzo-kun's rendition and my old rendition of Mandriva-tan

Compromise always leads to very beautiful results, so I have to give this double thumbs up.  Even though I liked your rendition of Mandrake-tan, I also liked Juzo-kun's and hoped that one day we could reach a common ground.  ^____^

QuotePCLOS-tan chilling out after rounding up some dogies or whatever she usually does. However I ended up screwing up because she was SUPPOSED to be sitting on the fence x__x

C-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^V^

*spray is wearing off*

Oh no!!!  @o@

*starts spraying madly*

Well fortunately, since you will be drawing her in Inkscape, you can always fix the fence thing. But personally I don't see much wrong with the pose,... I just imagine she's leaning on the fence itself.  ^___^

Everything else is picture-perfect and one I really really really really really really really REALLY hope I can see in color very soon!  ^v^

Two things, though:  

1) This is really dependent on her Hair du Jour, but for extra distinction you can add that long bang that crosses the left part of her face in the original pic.

2) In my latest chibi version of her she wears a cowboy hat, but don't use that as that's simply a prop for the pic.  Unless the situation calls for it, she's not much of a hatter. ^__^

QuoteOh Aurora! That also made my day! I really love how you draw Leopard-tan! Love her looks, her white outfit, skirt, her shoes, and also her belt (close, minimize, maximize-nice catch!). She's smoking on that pic! Yoru works are eyecandy or should I say "iCandy" as always :P Kudos to you! I just wish those anonymous artist would stop harassing that poor Leopard-kun -_-.

And I also thought that parody of yours would be a great advertisement for the upcoming MACOSx Leopard, don't you think?

Fufufu... Alfamille probably praised the day the board got filled with Mac-tan sympathizers.  ^.^

But as I see it again, that is a drop-dead gorgeous picture and certainly one of your very finest!  ^v^

QuoteNice one too on Adam-tan! She better take care of herself on that electric discharge around her. I guess it does really represent her hardware problems :P (nice reaction to her face by the way). I remember once that it has the old Donkey Kong with it, a nice buddy of mine who works on a computer school have kept one of those yet he can't decide if he's going to sell it or even ignore it more than ever :P

Well from my experience drawing OS-tans, I say keep.  What I wouldn't give to have a Miggy with me right now.... ;___;

Quotenot to mention PCLinuxOS' ads around here.

Fufufufu......... ^.^

*shuffles away mysteriously in the background*

Aurora Borealis

HAHAHA! That idea for Linux-tan in zerOSanity is so funny! But too bad I'm well past the cannon launch thing though :( (drawn on paper, I'm up to the start of page 26)

Unless... There's a carnival later in the chapter and one of the attractions is a human cannonball thing and one of the Windows girls decides to volunteer, leading to that idea! yeah! I'll do that!

And I'm glad you like the compromise rendition of Mandriva-tan because that was VERY difficult to do! Difficult but I'm satisfied!

And Because it was mentioned...

Color version of PCLOS-tan picture in progress!

C-Chan

Fufu!  I'm so glad you liked that idea! ^__^
Come to think of it, I haven't suggested nearly as many things for this going of Zerosanity as I did the previous one, so I'm feeling nostalgic.  ^__^

*notices PCLOS-tan color pic in progress*

Ah-ha!!!  Trying to pull a fast one on me, eh?  `v'

Fufufu... nice try.... ^.^

*starts spraying anti-swooning spray*

*canister sputters, visibly empty*

OH NO!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!  ^0^

*stares at PCLOS-tan*

I'm destined to be in love..... *v*

*SWOONS*

C-Chan

*deswoons*

Sorry, but I just HAD to find the nearest Mac-friendly picture thread where I can post this.....

Behold!  My new favorite canon OS-tan picture!  ^V^

I think I'm in looooooove again............  *v*
But besides that, it's funny how I complained some months ago that Tiger-sama never showed up with the two older sisters outside of our work.  But guess they heard us, fufufu........ ^____^

In any case, if you'll excuse me.... -v-

*SWOONS*