Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Alternate possibilities... That makes good sense! Although it is commonsense to go with the easiest and most practical method, it is good to try new things!

Unless that results in someone getting ran over by a flaming DeLorean coming at them at 88+ MP/H! :D

C-Chan

Wow, sugoiness reigns here!  ^v^
Did you do that incredible lighting in Photoshop or in Inkscape?  It reminds me a little, not only of that section in our wallpaper, but also that composite Mac character you created a few months ago (remember, the one over the magic Mac circle?).

In any event, a spectacular (and amazingly fast!) finish to your best Leopard-san to date!  ^__^

*sniff*

Too bad I still can't get here till October....  ;___;

Kami-Tux

Cute, I love back to the future! great reference, great drawing *swoon*

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

CaptBrenden

C-Chans exessive swooning is spreading...

but I soppose here it is for good reason.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Exa

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"MAC TO THE FUTURE!

* rolls on  the floor laughing *
You know what we need - nice design and good sense of humour with small references! Good job, again! (But that's usual from you :D)

Bella

Beautiful picture of one of...if not my most...favorite OS X-tans! I love the wonderful coloring and lighting, it's different and eyecatching. It's already been established how much I like freckles on leopard-girls ;010

QuoteEDIT: Aw crud! I'm just one post away from Vista rank -_-
My Mac OSX rank, I knew ye well!

How is Vista above OS X...? It's below XP for goodness sake ;)

Aurora Borealis

As always, thank you everyone!

Quote from: "C-Chan"Wow, sugoiness reigns here!  ^v^
Did you do that incredible lighting in Photoshop or in Inkscape?  It reminds me a little, not only of that section in our wallpaper, but also that composite Mac character you created a few months ago (remember, the one over the magic Mac circle?).
I always do shading in Photoshop. I've attempted to shade in Inkscape before but it's just too hard for me -_-

Oh yes I do remember the "Nanoha A's"-inspired Mac-tan hybrid! Incidentally there is also a redone version in progress (even though I have forgotten about it until now)

In any event, a spectacular (and amazingly fast!) finish to your best Leopard-san to date!  ^__^
I am surprised how quickly I got that done! After having some slow art days from working on pages 5 and 6 of ZS, I thought it'd take a few days longer but I guess not! I too really like how this turned out and glad you like it!

*sniff*

Too bad I still can't get here till October....  ;___;
I know. It's such a bummer! Leopard has been delayed to work on the iPhone! >__< Sure, the iPhone is really spiffy and has the neatest interface I've seen on a cellphone but I don't really care anymore because I don't know who the heck spends $600 on a cellphone that would be very likely to get stolen -_-

And because of that delay, Vista came out before Leopard! Imagine that! 0__0

Quote from: "Kami-Tux"Cute, I love back to the future! great reference, great drawing *swoon*

Huh. I thought C-Chan was the only one who did any swooning around here....

IT'S CONTAGIOUS!!

Anyways thank you very much!

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"C-Chans exessive swooning is spreading...

but I soppose here it is for good reason.
As I said earlier, IT'S CONTAGIOUS!!

Quote from: "Exa"
Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"MAC TO THE FUTURE!

* rolls on  the floor laughing *
You know what we need - nice design and good sense of humour with small references! Good job, again! (But that's usual from you :D)
Hehehe.. I too was laughing when first drawing it and thinking of the title! Parodies are so fun to do! :D

Quote from: "Bella"Beautiful picture of one of...if not my most...favorite OS X-tans! I love the wonderful coloring and lighting, it's different and eyecatching. It's already been established how much I like freckles on leopard-girls ;010
I think it was in your thread where Leopard-tan and having freckles were mentioned and I thought that was a great idea! Also she is the first known OS-tan to have freckles thanks to that! :D

QuoteEDIT: Aw crud! I'm just one post away from Vista rank -_-
My Mac OSX rank, I knew ye well!

How is Vista above OS X...? It's below XP for goodness sake ;)
Good question! Vista above OSX? This baffles me! Certainly isn't chronological order because:

DOS/V  (OS released in 1990)
MS-DOS (released 1981)
Windows 3.1 (1992)
Windows CE (1996?)
Windows 95 (1995)
Widnows 98 (1998)
Windows NT (1993)
Windows ME (Sep. 2000)
Windows 2000 (Feb. 2000)
Mac OS 9 (1999)
Lindows (2003?)
Windows XP (2001)
Mac OS X (2001?)
Vista (2007)
GNU/Linux (1991)

I don't know but I do know that I have been working on another picture!

I call it "V for VMS"! Got the inspiration for this when "V for Vendetta" was mentioned

NewYinzer

Great Scott! Nice work Aurora Borealis! Once her Intel processor gets to 88 kiloflops per second, you're going to see some serious shit! Again, very nice work!

Bella

V for VMS? You're now my hero! :D VMS-sama needs more attention! Without VMS (and in turn, Windows NT), Windows would just be a unstable lump of an operating system.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020503172231/http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Print.cfm?ArticleID=4494

C-Chan

um,.. y'all know my swooning is patented don't ya?  ^__^
In fact, y'all infringe upon approximately 263 of my patents, although I'm too busy to detail which ones, but you can take my word that I came up with them first.

Now then, fork over my royalties.  ^v^

*chortles*

QuoteI always do shading in Photoshop. I've attempted to shade in Inkscape before but it's just too hard for me -_-

Fufu... well, you've seen the wallpaper SVG, so you should see there's really no trick to it.  -v-
I just don't like doing it in either program (Ink or PS), cause I seem to get lethargic when it comes to shading.  ^.^

QuoteOh yes I do remember the "Nanoha A's"-inspired Mac-tan hybrid! Incidentally there is also a redone version in progress (even though I have forgotten about it until now)

Now aren't you glad you have an army of fans to remind you of your older works?  ^__^

QuoteI know. It's such a bummer! Leopard has been delayed to work on the iPhone! >__< Sure, the iPhone is really spiffy and has the neatest interface I've seen on a cellphone but I don't really care anymore because I don't know who the heck spends $600 on a cellphone that would be very likely to get stolen -_-

And because of that delay, Vista came out before Leopard! Imagine that! 0__0

For $600, I'd rather take my chances and get THESE suspicious dangling carrots from Dell.... -.-

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/ubuntu?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Or a Mac mini.  ^__^

QuoteI think it was in your thread where Leopard-tan and having freckles were mentioned and I thought that was a great idea! Also she is the first known OS-tan to have freckles thanks to that!

Would you believe me I never noticed the freckles on either of your pics?  ^___^

Baka C-chan,... otherwise, I would've suggested putting some on the Version 4 Leopard-tan.  -v-

*sigh*

Oh well, here's hoping the freckle-less Leopard-chan can still gain us a few votes.  -.-

QuoteGood question! Vista above OSX? This baffles me! Certainly isn't chronological order because:

I'm sure it's just in Pitkin-Fedora Compromise Order.  ^__^

QuoteI call it "V for VMS"! Got the inspiration for this when "V for Vendetta" was mentioned

BWAHAHA!!!!!  I never thought it'd see the "V for VMS" concept be realized!  Thank you, Aurora-san, she's looking gorgeous!  ^v^

Course, now those tiny meat cleavers have just been canonized too, so we'll just say she keeps those little things handy for throwing attacks.  ^.^

Her TRUE battle weapon needs to be able to strike fear in the hearts of her foes....  ^v^

QuoteV for VMS? You're now my hero! VMS-sama needs more attention! Without VMS (and in turn, Windows NT), Windows would just be a unstable lump of an operating system.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020503172231/http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Print.cfm?ArticleID=4494

Cool! you found that article!  ^v^
Now tell me I'm not crazy for thinking that VMS-san would've been NT's daughter.  ^___^
Course, seeing the system comparisons side-by-side is almost like watching a list of similarities between Disney's Atlantis and Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water....

In other words, "blatantly similar".  ^______________^;

Bella

QuoteI know. It's such a bummer! Leopard has been delayed to work on the iPhone! >__< Sure, the iPhone is really spiffy and has the neatest interface I've seen on a cellphone but I don't really care anymore because I don't know who the heck spends $600 on a cellphone that would be very likely to get stolen -_-

Hehee...The way a treat my cellphone (never can find it's carrying case, getting lost, sat on, falling, etc...), it wouldn't last a week.

QuoteCourse, now those tiny meat cleavers have just been canonized too, so we'll just say she keeps those little things handy for throwing attacks. ^.^

Just so you know, in my pic of VMS-sama vs. Linux-sama, that was just part of the cleaver in view. When I do another I promise more will be in view.

But in the case of Aurora's pic, I think they work well that size (like you said, as throwing weapons).

QuoteCool! you found that article! ^v^
Now tell me I'm not crazy for thinking that VMS-san would've been NT's daughter. ^___^
Course, seeing the system comparisons side-by-side is almost like watching a list of similarities between Disney's Atlantis and Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water....

In other words, "blatantly similar". ^______________^;

Further proof that M$ alone can't make a good OS, but with the help of DEC they can ;)

Aurora Borealis

Got a new picture drawn! After seeing Bella's picture of Linux-tan wearing Beryl, I decided to draw that too!

However I don't think that THIS kind is what she had in mind! :D

Bella

A Sailor Moon parody? Heehee!

*My policy:*
It's Linux-sama, it's cool! ;010

BTW, this is your first rendition of Linux-sama, right?

C-Chan

I second that!  ^__^

I never watched Sailor Moon Season 1, so couldn't get the reference off-hand.  But that is cute.  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Thanks! I got the inspiration for that picture from one of the comments mentioning Queen Beryl in Bella's art thread!

Still have an idea for another Sailor Moon parody! :D (this one will involve one of the OS-tans imitating Sailor Moon!)