Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Well, TinfoilHat-tan is paranoid! Ironic that SHE'S the one that'd need some courage! That can be done if you can take off her tinfoil hat, however you'd have to get past the electrical forcefield she'd generate when people get too close -_-

Also, System 3-tan is sorta based off of Dorothy! (and also based off of Numbuh 3 from KND for obvious reasons) and I thought adding in Windows 2.0-tan was an excellent touch because she's a brick layer and hey, doesn't the Yellow Brick Road need maintenance from time to time? (And she's also one of my favorite of the Windows-tans)

Another picture I sketched today:

It's a "Back to the Future" parody with Leopard-tan in it! I call this picture, "Mac to the Future"! :D

NejinOniwa

Ziggy flamessu... -w-
I still remember the terrible setup of that one my upperclassmen did when i was a kid...it scars me still -w-

Fortunately yours are better, aurora-chan!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Alfamille

Quote from: Aurora BorealisAnd btw, Alfamille: Ye ask and ye shall recieve!!

Here's Yellow Dog Linux-tan! It was hard making a design for her that didn't look too much like MS BOB-tan's (because no one wants to be associated with her, right? ^^) but I think I succeeded! Appearance is partly inspired by Yellow from "Pokémon Special".

Consideres Inu-T a rival, gets along very well with OS-tans whose OSes can run PowerPC processors. Is also sort of a gamer. Anything else to add on?

A BIG THANKS!!!  :D

YDL-san really does resemble like Yellow, only without the cute hat :P

Now there's officially a YDL-tan! Imagine her holding a Ps3 while she tries to configure it XD

(Btw, i'll check more of your work next time. I'm at the middle of work since I only have a little time available today)

Aurora Borealis

Thank you, NejinOniwa, Bella and Alfamille!

Hmm... YellowDog-tan trying to configure a PS3 sounds like a good idea to draw!  And awesome new banner! I also like Dawn/Hikari too! She is my favorite of the girls who has travelled with Ash! *Is looking foward to more of the Diamond and Pearl season* :D

NejinOniwa

Whaaat!!!!
I thought i was the only one here who still watched pokemon -.-

It's really bad the only easily obtainable stuff are dub crap...-.-

*rant*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Exa

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"That is an interesting coincedence.

And here's a series of doodles and sketches I drew at school today! :D

You have a really good sense of humour! Pac Nukem + Sponge Hulk = :D

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Whaaat!!!!

*rant*

I don't care for the dub either. It was overall well-done back in the days of the Indigo League season (season 1) but then then they started making all kinds of stupid time cuts later on, especially in Pokémon Chronicles and then especially in the first three episodes, the "Raikou Legend of Thunder" series whose dub is a total monstrousity!

And then when the Battle Frontier season (season 9) came along, it got acquired by Pokémon USA and while they keep in some Japanese music at all, don't erase signs or make time cuts but that comes at the price of adding in a whole bunch of really stupid dialogue -_-

Quote from: "Exa"
Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"That is an interesting coincedence.

And here's a series of doodles and sketches I drew at school today! :D

You have a really good sense of humour! Pac Nukem + Sponge Hulk = :D
Thank you! Those did make me laugh while drawing them! Random crossovers for the win! (well, usually. I find those OS-tan + Rozen Maiden crossovers seen from Futaba really creepy 0_0)

700 reply GET!

Alfamille

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Thank you Alfamille!

Hmm... YellowDog-tan trying to configure a PS3 sounds like a good idea to draw!  And awesome new banner! I also like Dawn/Hikari too! She is my favorite of the girls who has travelled with Ash! *Is looking foward to more of the Diamond and Pearl season* :D

I'm looking forward to the YDL-tan on the Ps3 thing!

My opinion about Hikari is that compared to Kasumi and Haruka...those two would just sit down and they would only cheer and wait for something good to happen on Satoshi's (Ash) battle. Unlike Hikari, I saw her once on a cheerleading outfit during Satoshi's 2nd battle in Kurogane Gymn (DP episode 018) and LIVELY believed on Satoshi. THAT was the first time a female companion expressed more than just to "sit and cheer" for Satoshi in the series in 10 long years :)

It seems that I'm little convinced for a possible Pearlshipping? hmm...

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"
Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Whaaat!!!!

*rant*

I don't care for the dub either. It was overall well-done back in the days of the Indigo League season (season 1) but then then they started making all kinds of stupid time cuts later on, especially in Pokémon Chronicles and then especially in the first three episodes, the "Raikou Legend of Thunder" series whose dub is a total monstrousity!

And then when the Battle Frontier season (season 9) came along, it got acquired by Pokémon USA and while they keep in some Japanese music at all, don't erase signs or make time cuts but that comes at the price of adding in a whole bunch of really stupid dialogue -_-

I used to remember when Pokemon USA dubbed the "riceball" as "donut". PUSA should be ashamed for themselves because what they did was lame >_>

No wonder I always prefer watching the Raw (originals) and subs.

What even sucks about PUSA currently is that they aired 3 episodes for a preview of Diamond and Pearl on the upcoming June weeks ago. I swear you wouldn't wanna hear the English opening theme song they made!

The only English theme opening I liked is the one during the Advanced Battle.

By the way Aurora, if you want some few raw and subbed episodes from the Kanto to Sinnoh. I suggest this site: http://www.freewebs.com/katsuko/pokemon.htm

Hey! how bout a little hi-5 Aurora!

C-Chan

Okay, I'm back.... -.-'

QuoteAnd you saw the preconcept sketch of the proposed "Wizard of Oz" parody? If you liked that, I'm sure you will like THIS!

OMG!!!!!!  @___@

I'm not one for netslang, but that does look like "absolute WIN"!!!!!  ^V^
No pun intended, cause I do see my darling 2.0-chan in there.... and the magnitude of her cuteness could show up on a Richter scale!!!  @v@

I had almost forgotten the old sketch, so everything looks new and fresh to me.  ME-tan is perfect as the scatterbrained scarecrow.
Tinfoil Hat-tan,... need I say more?  (classic expression on her!)  ^.^
The OSX-kun as Lion looks like an overgrown kitty.  DOSkitty as Toto is a nice touch.
And I love the casting of OS3-sama as Dorothy,... maybe 3.1-sama may have had the dress for it, but OS3-sama has the right cheeriness and temperment for the role.  ^.^

[whispering]Besides, she's cuter and has more seniority... ^.^

And 2.0-chan FTW!!!!!  ^V^
What'd you do to her face?  The adorability is off the chart,... I feel like one look just etched that image directly onto my brain, cause I can't get enough of it.  ^v^

I'm addicted to Aurora's yellow brick-laying 2.0-chan,....

I need my fix!  ^o^

*stares at 2.0-chan*

QuoteIt's a "Back to the Future" parody with Leopard-tan in it! I call this picture, "Mac to the Future"!

Coming from you, I wonder why that word play never occurred to us?  '__'

Classic, I say!  ^v^

QuoteNow there's officially a YDL-tan! Imagine her holding a Ps3 while she tries to configure it XD

Sadness.... no Linux for Wii yet (certainly not by YellowDog).... ;___;
But they're working on it!  ^.^

QuoteAnd then when the Battle Frontier season (season 9) came along, it got acquired by Pokémon USA and while they keep in some Japanese music at all, don't erase signs or make time cuts but that comes at the price of adding in a whole bunch of really stupid dialogue -_-

No matter how bad that dubbing/reediting could be, it will never rival the butchering down with CrapCaptors.  ^________^

2.0-chan FIX!!!  ^v^

*stares at 2.0-chan*

QuoteThank you! Those did make me laugh while drawing them! Random crossovers for the win! (well, usually. I find those OS-tan + Rozen Maiden crossovers seen from Futaba really creepy 0_0)

You mean like Windows 95-kun + Creepy Gin/Shinku Hybrid Beast chugging down on some ancient liquor?  ^^;

QuoteNo wonder I always prefer watching the Raw (originals) and subs.

It's always nice to know you guys realize that, but how many other poor kids are stuck with culturel deprivation, without realizing there's a better world out there?  (assuming they're not lazy to begin with, which more and more seems to be like asking too much....) ^.^;

FIX TIME!!! ^___^

*stares at 2.0-chan*

Alfamille

Sadness.... no Linux for Wii yet (certainly not by YellowDog).... ;___;
But they're working on it! ^.^

Really? XD

Quotet's always nice to know you guys realize that, but how many other poor kids are stuck with culturel deprivation, without realizing there's a better world out there? (assuming they're not lazy to begin with, which more and more seems to be like asking too much....) ^.^;

:) What I meant is that there animes like Pocket monsters itself have a  bad dubbing, but there are also good ones I've heard too.

Aurora must be so busy now trying to finish another artwork ^_^"

C-Chan

Awesome blossom!  ^__^

Speaking of which, dude, did you check out our latest and greatest spoof of the Troubled Windows wallpapers?  ^v^

http://ostan-collections.net/post-28367.html#28367

C-Chan

Poor poor Aurora-san.  -.-

Well, just spam the Lounge threads more than usual and maybe you can bypass that horrid Vistan rank in less than a week.  -v-

In any event, the new Leopard-tan, despite being a vector sketch, is looking very good already (and good work on the right arm, it's flawless).  Taking advantage that it's still in its early phases, how about lowering the (or adding more) hair in the back so it covers a little more area behind the head?

Other than that, ears are drop-dead cute, expression is priceless, and skirt, aside from being nice and flowing, appears to make use of a very familiar-looking technique......  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Look how much I got done in one day!

Leopard-tan realizes that using her pocketwatch is a lot easier! But what was she doing trying to operate the time-travelling DeLorean in the first place? Who knows? Hey, it's a parody. That's why! :D MAC TO THE FUTURE!

Tsubashi

Much niftyness resides here! ^__^
I like the dynamic lighting very much! Great job! ^v^
As for why she's using the DeLorean? Ummm... Exploring alternate possibilities? I don't know. ^-^
-Tsu