Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

*takes aroura off to the slammer*

Bwahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahha hahahhahah ahahahha hahah ahhah aha haha.... ha.  

ahem.

*lets her out*

Yeah there was nothing wroung with that one, but ill say this, just because we dont put a spicific limit on image threads dont get carried away.. im gonna have to squash the sexy pictures thread if that one continues like it does.  

Anyhow, cute picture even if thats soppose to be some form of linux (tho i cant be sure, I really know nothing about it and pay no attention to it)  but cute none the less! it just reminds me tho how much i prefered your old meathod of art -_-  Its definitly your style of character but I liked it better before the change to vector, i think it was more YOU then
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

If that's how you really feel, a more impassioned defense would've been more called for during that nasty bit of criticism by a certain Cyanide Pill.    -___-

You should also consider investing a little more time to learn her characters,... I mean, "some form of Linux"?  Come on, man!  
That's RedFlag, a proud Chinese distro with a keen business sense, and the other is RedHat, a good ol' fashioned entrepreneur that also works part-time as a kick-ass secret agent, has a suitcase that'd put Rozen girls to shame, and is usually shadowed by a cute but powerful little sister.  -v-

For what we do, art is only 40% of a character.  CHARACTER makes up the remaining 60%, and I'm glad,... no, DAMN PROUD,... that she's been so active behind the scenes to really flesh out and mature her character concepts.  How she chooses to go about doing it should be respected.  I adored her old style too, but love her new style as well, more so because it was chosen specifically to address issues that may not be very obvious to infrequent visitors.  

Plus, vector graphics have grown remarkably well on her,... already she's able to do things that she needs to teach ME how to do, and I've been using it for well over a year now!  For me it's a wonderful that she's able to learn a new drawing style (like learning a new language!) and is able to balance out the use of rasters and vectors whenever appropriate, certainly far better than I ever could.  ^__^

Aurora Borealis

I understand what the Captain said and why he liked my old art style better back when I drew entirely in Photoshop. I switched to drawing in Inkscape because I don't have to worry about shaky outlines anymore and problems are easier to fix. (although the downside is that I can't draw chibis as fast as I could in PS) I'll admit the new art style is not quite the same but I tried to keep as much as my old art style as I could. -_-

Tsubashi

Quote(tho i cant be sure, I really know nothing about it and pay no attention to it)

With all due respect, Captain-sama, both are labeled in the picture, and simply following Aurora-chan's reference to Kami-Tux's thread would have provided some info, or simply using wikipedia!

QuoteIts definitly your style of character but I liked it better before the change to vector, i think it was more YOU then

I think that at first, while Aurora-sama was still getting used to vectors, her original style was better (Please don't take offense!), but now that she's "in the groove" her pictures look crisp and clean, with most of her style still intact! I support her 100% in what ever artistic venture she chooses to pursue!
-Tsu

CaptBrenden

QuoteWith all due respect, Captain-sama, both are labeled in the picture, and simply following Aurora-chan's reference to Kami-Tux's thread would have provided some info, or simply using wikipedia!

Well I can SEE that they are listed there.. but like I said many times before, Im a windows user and proud of it. I really dont care about linux or mac. I cant tell you the differnece between the mac OSes either. I just know that the characters are cute (well at least sonata-san)  so thats why I have never bothered looking up info on the OS on wiki.  Im sure if I really wanted to know I could simply ask Kami-tux and she would be glad to tell me, but i dont care to learn about them.

I simply wanted to comment how incredibly cute arouras characters were and in that reguard I feel I did just fine but Ill stess it again, her characters and style are uber cute and I look forward to seeing more of them

C-Chan

Yeah, you capitulate like a good Rozen-Maiden-cosplaying-3.1-sama.  Ã,¯.Ã,¯

At least we know now why they all look the same to you -- cause you've already set in your mind that they are the same.  -v-

Too bad I can't return the favor, cause there are some Windows-tans that I love. -.-

*cough cough OSR 2.5-sama cough wheeze hack*  ^o^

Bella

I love your Red Flag/Red Hat picture! I especially like their hair and eyes...and I love how crisp and cleans the lines are (as always). Great job...it'd make a cool background :D

C-Chan

Woohoo!!  Three cheers for crispy, crunchy lines!!!  ^v^

BTW, Aurora,... GAMBATTE NE!!!!  ^V^

[you know what I mean,... ^.^]

Aurora Borealis

Thank you! I like crispy, crunchy lines too!

HIP HIP HOORAY!

*munch* *munch*---

bleh.... Tastes like digital ink -_-

And btw, C-Chan was asking earlier about what those are on RedHat-tan's head and those are the hair accessories she has in the +Nijiura+ rendition.

And here's a picture I got done quickly!

It's MS BOB-tan! To those that don't remember her from way back, she has a yellow outfit and dog ears, reference to Rover, the main mascot of MS BOB (who also reappears in Windows XP!) and she wears very thick glasses (like those in the BOB logo) and a maid outfit because she tries to be user-friendly (and because Rover serves the master, or the user) but she's a bit clumsy, very akward to talk to and no one can take her seriously. She's depressed because no one takes her seriously and that her younger sister 95-tan stole her thunder and is kinda depressed because of that and even ran away from home. She gets along very well with System 7-tan for certain reasons, which is ironic because she used to consider BOB an enemy and even agreed with 95 that she must go down! (reference to the "MS BOB the builder" picture I drew back near the new year).

C-Chan

.....................Why, Aurora-sama?!  ^v^

I ran out of insulin shots yesterday, and I can't get my refill till Friday!  ^0^

Her face in this rendition..... is so cute and delicate.... and her eyes,........  the mastery of her eyes.......  ^______________^

I can't hold on much longer..............!!!  ^V^

*swoons*

Bella

Cute! A dog-girl! Even if it is dog-girl rendition of one of the worst computer products ever...still adorable!

Aurora Borealis

BOB-tan was originally meant to be very nerdy-looking but I ended up making her look a lot cuter than I intended but I'm glad I did!

And I have seen screenshots of BOB and althought it looks cute, it's no wonder why it failed miserably! NO one would be taken seriously using BOB on their work computers! :D

C-Chan

QuoteCute! A dog-girl! Even if it is dog-girl rendition of one of the worst computer products ever...still adorable!

Heck, if people can LOVE Windows ME through an OS-tan, nothing else seems impossible to me.  ^___^

Truth be told, though, Packard Bell's Navigator was always WAY better than BOB.  ^.^
(none, of course, were work-environment material.... ^___^)

QuoteBOB-tan was originally meant to be very nerdy-looking but I ended up making her look a lot cuter than I intended but I'm glad I did!

Well, consider it as living up to the Moe Philosophy, where even nerds look cute (need we look beyond 2K-tan as an example?).  
In any case, her cuteness is addictive, and I've already scrolled up 15 times to see her (well, and also the Red Girls too.... ^.^)

You obviously did a phenomenal job at accentuating her features in this rendition -- because even though the previous versions were cute, the design didn't jump up and bite me (no pun intended) like say OS3-tan or Darwin-tan or my darling QNX-sama.  Now I can't get enough of her.  ^__^

A quick C-chan Rendition is most definitely in order now!   ^0^

(Though I guess before I start, what's with the dog earrings?  ^^)

QuoteAnd I have seen screenshots of BOB and althought it looks cute, it's no wonder why it failed miserably! NO one would be taken seriously using BOB on their work computers!

Back in the 80's, most companies turned down Amiga as a viable work computer because the figured a "mouse" was too childish a tool for a professional work environment.  ^^;

But I guess a big smiley face and a dog on your screen are a far cry away from a precision pointing instrument.   ^v^;

CaptBrenden

your style is also part of what makes her so kyoot!

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"
QuoteCute! A dog-girl! Even if it is dog-girl rendition of one of the worst computer products ever...still adorable!

Heck, if people can LOVE Windows ME through an OS-tan, nothing else seems impossible to me.  ^___^

Truth be told, though, Packard Bell's Navigator was always WAY better than BOB.  ^.^
(none, of course, were work-environment material.... ^___^)
Good point! OS-tans can make OSes that were some of the the biggest failures likeable!

QuoteBOB-tan was originally meant to be very nerdy-looking but I ended up making her look a lot cuter than I intended but I'm glad I did!

Well, consider it as living up to the Moe Philosophy, where even nerds look cute (need we look beyond 2K-tan as an example?).  
In any case, her cuteness is addictive, and I've already scrolled up 15 times to see her (well, and also the Red Girls too.... ^.^)
Once again, good point! Wow, and I don't even know how the last 2 picture I made turned out the way they did, being able to mesmerize you like that! But if I'm able to do that, my technique must be improving, right? ^^

You obviously did a phenomenal job at accentuating her features in this rendition -- because even though the previous versions were cute, the design didn't jump up and bite me (no pun intended) like say OS3-tan or Darwin-tan or my darling QNX-sama.  Now I can't get enough of her.  ^__^

A quick C-chan Rendition is most definitely in order now!   ^0^

(Though I guess before I start, what's with the dog earrings?  ^^)
Maybe you like her a lot better in this new rendition because in her first chibi renditions she had weird coincedental resemblance to Tails the fox! :D (*giggles from remembering that*)

And the earrings and other jewelry she has are fashioned from paper clips (probably really huge, thick paper clips -_-. Reference to Clippy the paper clip, another infamous mascot by MS)

QuoteAnd I have seen screenshots of BOB and althought it looks cute, it's no wonder why it failed miserably! NO one would be taken seriously using BOB on their work computers!

Back in the 80's, most companies turned down Amiga as a viable work computer because the figured a "mouse" was too childish a tool for a professional work environment.  ^^;

But I guess a big smiley face and a dog on your screen are a far cry away from a precision pointing instrument.   ^v^;

Really?! Well, if it weren't for some bold OS pioneers taking the risk of being childish for using a mouse, then we probably wouldn't have OSes with GUI's! But then again that was back in the 80's and the only other computers that  I know of that had mice back then were the ones from Apple.

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"your style is also part of what makes her so kyoot!

Thanks! I'm glad you like her too! That definently makes me glad I switched to drawing in Inkscape!

Also zerOSanity is not dead! That's right! I'm actually getting back to work on it! But progress was slowed considerably because I've rewritten some upcoming pages 2 or 3 times to try and get things to flow more smoothly but I'm very satisfied with the latest rewrite and I hope you viewers will be when the time comes that I get it done, uploaded and posted!