Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

You are simply incredible at designing OS-tans...and pegging their personalities! I just love the old Mac designs of yours! You have put a lot of thought and research into each one.
Keep up the great work! :D

C-Chan

New character alert!  May need more exposure, but could be the next Mac OS9.2-tan (obscure yet adoptable).  ^__^

(found it at Kazumi, btw)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aurora Borealis

Excellent find, C-Chan! A System 7.5-tan!!! I like her! She reminds me of 9.2-tan but hardcore and 7.5 was the first OS I've ever used!

And thank you, Bella! I'm glad you like my work! Of course I couldn't have done it all without the help of others! (Quite frankly, I needed a lot of help thinking of designs and personalities for the System 2,3,4 and 5-tans -_-)

And I got 2 more wiki avis done!

Darwin OS-tan! She's part monkey, is quite eccentric and likes to eat bugs (but tries to help NeXTSTEP-tan with bug collecting). In the picture, she's eating a chocolate cockroach on a stick! :D Her appearance is a cross between NeXTSTEP-tan's and OSX-tan's because Darwin OS is sorta the 'missing link' between the two! She's also inspired by Pudding from "Tokyo Mew Mew"!

And here's Windows 3.2-tan!

Kami-Tux

Do you happen to be able to link me to a full-boy-view of Darwin-tan? She inspired me!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Aurora Borealis

Hmm... The closest thing to a full-body picture of Darwin-tan would be this chibi I first drew:

Kami-Tux

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Aurora Borealis

Yeah. Uh oh. I just realized I goofed up! I forgot that in that original chibi, her armband and legbands didn't have lacy edges >__< (or maybe I forgot to add them then but either way I goofed up! Oh well.  Variation is good in the OS-tan world! ^^)

C-Chan

QuoteExcellent find, C-Chan! A System 7.5-tan!!! I like her! She reminds me of 9.2-tan but hardcore and 7.5 was the first OS I've ever used! Ah yes, the first computer I've ever used was a Quadra 630 running System 7.5!

Sugoi!  What an inadvertent nostalgia trip, then!  ^___^
So whadya say,...?  Maybe OS7's right hand woman?  ^^
Probably wouldn't see much of her, since unlike her "Oyabun" she hasn't emo'd and certainly insists on staying a wandering gangster/vigilante.  Not a particular effective one, but at least she tries.  ^___^'

No surprise here, but your latest pics are superb.  The AVIs are an instant go for the Avatar Gallery.  ^___^
By now, though, it's probably quite crystal-clear to everyone that you've chosen a new and dynamic approach to your eyes.  I love it, of course, but how do you feel about the new style elements you're using?  ^^

The larger DarwinOS pic, btw, provides more detail to the scene in your Valentines pic -- now we can definitely see it's a chocolate-covered roach.  ^.^
I still recall our old pic idea, of NeXTSTEP-tan collecting bugs in jars, unaware that her little sister Darwin is sneaking behind her, eating the bugs off the jars as they're being plopped.  ^____^

QuoteYeah. Uh oh. I just realized I goofed up! I forgot that in that original chibi, her armband and legbands didn't have lacy edges >__< (or maybe I forgot to add them then but either way I goofed up! Oh well. Variation is good in the OS-tan world! ^^)

Well it'd be easy to add the gloves on (easier still if the shading were done in Inkscape), but yeah, a little design variation never hurt anyone (look at the 100,000,000 takes on 2K-tan)..  ^__^

Aurora Borealis

Yeah! She could be System 7-tan's right hand woman who helps her with stuff (but System 7-tan was the one who actually did fight against 95)

Luckily I still remembered that picture idea of NeXTSTEP-tan and Darwin-tan and I actually sketched it 1 or 2 days ago and is in progress!

I ended up changing my art style a bit when I switched to Inkscape because of how the program works when it comes to drawing lines and such. Change in eye style is most obvious because the shape of the eye is actually a shape and not just a brush stroke like when I drew in Photoshop. But that's okay because working in Inkscape is easier for me and I don't have to worry about shaky outlines!

And you're right! Out of all the canon OS-tans, 2K-tan by far has the most variations to her design!

Aurora Borealis

Got a new picture done!

Got the inspiration for this picture when I saw the RedFlag-tan that Kami-Tux drew! So I decided to draw her, combining Kami-Tux's rendition with elements from Jereaeth's description and C-Chan's suggestions! And just because, I decided to add in RedHat-tan too! (After all, they are counterparts of each other so why not? Also worth mentioning is that the RedHat-tan is my rendition (based off of the +Nijiura+ one) but this time partly combined with Juzo-kun's rendition too!)

Tsubashi

Woah! Absolute nifty-ness!!! That's awesome Aurora-sama! Your pictures just keep getting better!
I especially like RedHat-tan's eyes for some reason. Very well done!
-Tsu

C-Chan

Aurora-san, it's a crime to keep that a text link!!!  ^V^

Aurora Borealis

You're not going to throw me in the slammer, will you? ;___;

I end up doing that sometimes because I'm a little uncertain on the image rules but then again since my images are on Photobucket and are 800 x 600 max., it's not like I'll be posting anything really huge that will absolutely be required to be in link form, right? ^^

Tsubashi

Well, the rules are 640x480, except in picture threads (Which we've already established that this is one). In Picture Threads, there is absolutely no size limit, whatsoever! So feel free to skip text links!
-Tsu

C-Chan

Damn, I'm definitely at a loss for words!  ^__^
They're cool and yet so damn cute!!  ^V^
CUTE, I SAY!!!!  CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

RedFlag's face is definitely a looker, and love the inclusion of some embroidery on her dress!  ^v^

The new RedHat hybrid leaves me floored -- the impact is downright magical, and her hair perfectly accentuates the outline of her face.  
(By the way, what's that on her head?)

Your drawing style continues to reach new and remarkable heights, while still retaining the distinctivily "Auroramatic" feel to it -- I'm very happy that you're becoming more and more comfortable with this new format.  As you've probably encountered, there's plenty of room for flexibility.  ^v^

You're not going to throw me in the slammer, will you? ;___;

I end up doing that sometimes because I'm a little uncertain on the image rules but then again since my images are on Photobucket and are 800 x 600 max., it's not like I'll be posting anything really huge that will absolutely be required to be in link form, right? ^^

Repeat after me, Aurora-san... ^___^

PICTURE THREAD, PICTURE THREAD, PICTURE THREAD, PICTURE THREAD, PICTURE THREAD,..... ^V^

QuoteWell, the rules are 640x480, except in picture threads (Which we've already established that this is one). In Picture Threads, there is absolutely no size limit, whatsoever! So feel free to skip text links!

Methinks the only exception applies to absolutely outrageous images, like 3600x500 resolution pics that ruin the rest of the page.  But definitely, a measly 800x600 is safe.  ^v^