Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

There's those morbidly cute comics again....  ^__^

BTW, you're a big Mac user so probably better if I start posting them here before they get hooked up to the Annex....  -v-

Ended up having many more distractions than anticipated, so couldn't actually work on these until recently.  But at least I got Cheetah and Puma prepped and ready for Wiki.  ^__^

Jaguar's almost done, too.  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Awesome job on both of them! ;010 I especially like the expression on Cheetah-tan, she looks like quite the bad girl-type! :D

I've always wondered what each of the wildcats' personalites exactly are.

C-Chan

Thank you, Aurora-sama.  ^__^

Yeah, considering how rowdy the OSX-kuns are, I'd say the OSX kitty girls are pretty wild themselves.  ^__^
But to varying degrees of course.  ^.^

I've wondered the same thing, but eventually settled on comparing them to sillier-than-usual Anime archtypes for the time being....

Cheetah ~ Mitsuka-sensei from DearS
Puma ~ Guu from Haré+Guu (at least when she's pretending to be cute and demure)
Jaguar ~ Kagura from Azumanga Daioh
Panther ~ Misaki from Excel Saga
Tiger ~ Rio from Burn Up! Excess
Leopard = Well, that's up to you.  I figure she's smart, but perhaps a tad quirky.  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

oooh. I never heard of any of those characters before. Sorry! :(

And something about my rendition of Leopard-tan I forgot to mention: Sometimes she uses her pocketwatch to timetravel, but sometimes she drives a car, just like in "Back to the Future!" (inspiration for this was from a Joy of Tech comic strip mentioning Time Machine and had "Back to the Future" references in it!)  Which also sorta explains her 1950's + Futuristic combo style! ^^

C-Chan

Yep, life I figured, intelligent.... ^__^

Haha, and why'd you pick Saki from "Fruits Basket" for OS5?
Gee, I wonder....  Mwahahaha!  ^v^

Anyway, call off the search....

Found it, finally!  ^v^

C-Chan added the following  12 minutes after last message :

Top left-hand corner:  ANIME ba ket-tei  (~"Decisive Anime", "Educational Anime"?)
Lower right:  Masshi Manga (~"Kid's manga"?)
Lower left:  Uso desu (~"Just kiddin'")  ^___^'

Aurora Borealis

Here's System 3-tan! Now that just leaves System 2-tan left to be drawn!

And you found the picture that's the source of my rabid OS X-tan avatar! Congratulations! :D I especially like OS X-tan in that doujin! So rabid and crazy! :D

C-Chan

Wow!  Massive cuteness!  OvO
Reminds me of Suzu Sakuma from 'Marmalade Boy', only not annoying.  ^___^

Now you've gone and outdone yourself again!  ^v^
Unless you can pull a comeback with OS2, I nominate her as my favorite of your Classic Mac-tans!  ^v^

BTW, not only have I found the source for your avi, but also read the comic in full.  Dear GAWDS, my description of the House of Mac is really not far off,...  ^___^'

http://ostan.blackdiam.net/viewtopic.php?p=8060#post_8060

Oh, and finished Jaguar.  Would've finished Panther too if not for the Mac comic,... ^__^'

Oh well, at least I'm siding more and more with you in making our mystery Mac-tan "Generic Mac OSX".  ^___^

Anyway, here we go... -v-

MisterCat

I'm thoroughly enjoying all this artwork you two are cranking out!  I love the little Cat-tans and System-3-tan.

;010

So, is the OS Girl who's seen in Aurora's avatar the selfsame "generic" Apple Macintosh OS Girl whom you've been discussing?  It's imperative that she remain in the OS-Girls world, in my view, because every society needs a bomb thrower to keep people on their toes.

o_o

You've just got to love that 19th Century bomb-throwing-anarchist type of bomb she's wielding!  It looks so much better in her grasp than it ever did on the monitor screen of an Apple computer.

Perhaps she could be an honorary anarchist, grenadier or sapper?  In the event, there's surely a great deal of skill involved.

;019

=^..^=

C-Chan

QuoteI'm thoroughly enjoying all this artwork you two are cranking out! I love the little Cat-tans and System-3-tan.

Haha!  ^__^
Feel free to gush praise over OS3, but I would hardly say I'm "cranking out" the OSX girls...  ^^'
It's hardly spittle, compared to where I should be right now (technically speaking, I should've been done with all six of them, like, yesterday...).  -v-'

QuoteSo, is the OS Girl who's seen in Aurora's avatar the selfsame "generic" Apple Macintosh OS Girl whom you've been discussing? It's imperative that she remain in the OS-Girls world, in my view, because every society needs a bomb thrower to keep people on their toes.

Precisely.  ^__^
That is Generic Mac OS[X] and indeed she MUST stay in circulation, if for no reason other than that we've both already included her in our pictures.  ^____^

ZeroSanity of course, but here's her again in my PalmOS rendition, for example:

http://ostan.blackdiam.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/PalmOS-tan.jpg

QuoteYou've just got to love that 19th Century bomb-throwing-anarchist type of bomb she's wielding! It looks so much better in her grasp than it ever did on the monitor screen of an Apple computer.

Yep, those annoyed me terribly.  Reasoned an awful lot of them than advertised (I think I used OS7 or 8 at the time), so for many years I worked under the impression that Macs weren't all that they were cracked up to be.  ^v^'

QuotePerhaps she could be an honorary anarchist, grenadier or sapper? In the event, there's surely a great deal of skill involved.

Love sapper just for the word, but given her temperment and the hectic nature of her,... *cough cough*... "home environment"... she's probably better suited as an anarchist.  ^____^'
Or a partisan, at best.....  ^_____________^;

Aurora Borealis

Glad you both like System 3-tan! She oughta be an interesting character. Well actually, I'm not entirely sure what to do for her or System 2-tan's personalities.

Maybe System 2-tan could be like an aristocrat, mild-mannered and speaks very fancifully (when not speaking newspeak), nice contrast to System 1-tan's fiesty, pure newspeaking rebelliousness! But that's just my guess.

C-Chan

Actually, that sounds fine, although maybe I'd replace the aristocratic part with incisiveness.  Combine incisive, mild-mannered and fanciful speach, and you have a reasonable character resembling Syme from 1984.  ^__^

(Quack, quack!  ^v^)

BTW, I haven't seen your stuff in the Gallery yet.  '__'

C-Chan

NewYinzer

Oi! I guess it's off to Wikipedia!
*hops in F-4*
To Wikipedia!
*flies away*

C-Chan

GYAH!  NO~!!!! NewYinzer, it's too soon!  I'm not done yet?!  ^0^

.........Oh well,... -___-

Just finished Tiger anyway, so I only have one more left (Leopard).  I guess he wouldn't mind the double-work.  ^___^

Thank you, though, for setting them up at Wiki.  ^v^

Ultimaninja

Those ones you have done are amazing though...