Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Here's Macintosh System 4-tan!  She's very cheerful because the System 4 era was a very good one for Apple! However she does get a little envious of her younger sisters because they can multitask and she can't. Her character design also has some 1980's fashion trends incorporated into it and also has a 4-theme to it! :D

Now to think of a design for a System 5-tan... Any suggestions regarding my criteria on my first post this page? I've thought of a general idea but my mind is still drawing a blank in some areas. And the stranger the suggestion, the better! ^^

brougeXP22

Yay! she's so kawaii! *hugs Aurora* your such a good artist.  ;010

NewYinzer

QuoteHere's Macintosh System 4-tan! She's very cheerful because the System 4 era was a very good one for Apple! However she does get a little envious of her younger sisters because they can multitask and she can't. Her character design also has some 1980's fashion trends incorporated into it and also has a 4-theme to it!

Great job! Very 80's!
*thinks*
It's late. I better get to bed. See yinz tomorrow!

C-Chan

4 PONYTAILS?!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^
AURORA, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

5,000,000 points for Aurora!!!!!! ^.^

[Sorry, also have a bit of a hair fetish too...  ^v^']

She is cute and kinda reminds me (for some odd reason) of Kouran from 'Sakura Wars', but yes she'll look like a very cheery Mac-tan.  ^.^

As far as System 5-tan goes....

*ponders*

Not too crazy with the ghost girl idea since there is at least a System 5 registered circa 1988 (so there's at least some basis to keep her flesh & blood).  Besides, would make her eerily similar to the uber-pervert, Norton.  ^v^'

However, we can make her ghost-like....
Think, maybe,.... Phantom of the Opera....
Mixed with a little of that creepy girl from 'Fruits Basket':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saki_Hanajima

Loves to lurk and bask in her own sorrow, and generally creeps out and guilt-trips anyone she sees till they keel over from the goosebumps... ^.^'

Oh but then, you did say you wanted a cross between System 4 and 6....  -___-

Oh well, in the end you ARE the Mac expert.  ^__^

BTW, since you're already this far ahead, why not just go the full mile and make a System 2 and 3 after all?  ^v^
They can look similar to System 1 but have vastly different personalities.
That way, you can have a trio of humorous Newspeakers....  -.-

C-Chan added the following  3 minutes after last message :

One last thing....

What's your height, Aurora-sama?  'v'

I'm thinking of running a simulation to give you an idea of how Barbie-sama would look like in comparison

C-Chan

Hehe... Glad that I'm always able to help you brainstorm these things....  ^__^

In any case, you're the Mac expert and the artist, so I leave the rest to you.  ^.^

(It'll be so cute to see System 5-tan scare people -- the scene with Saki and her cloak on New Years Eve comes to mind for some reason... ^.^)

Now then, I'll be right back with that comparison....  ^v^

*trots off*

C-Chan added the following  37 minutes after last message :

*trots back in*

Behold the fruit of e-Frontier Poser's labor....  ^v^

Seriously a very cool program.  ^__^

Can easily simulate a DSL-tan comparison as well.  ^v^
[Assuming her size hasn't changed any, though I think I lobbied for a slight reduction....  Fufufu...  ^.^]

C-Chan added the following  15 hours 42 minutes after last message :

Rendered another one version of it to include more characters... -v-

SleepyD

NewYinzer

*takes notes*
This is a good idea!
*thinks*
Sorry for the lack of posting. I'm takin' a little vacation to download the 5.7 GB Love Hina torrent! It's taken me several days off and on to download it!

Aurora Borealis

Here she is! System 5-tan! And she's scheming something too! ^^
What could it be? Hehehehehe... ;006

So that leaves only Systems 2 and 3 needing OS-tans! Yes, I think I can do it! After all, I've gotten this far!

Silentbob

Great.   ;010

Keep going, you can indeed do it!

NewYinzer

Great job on the new Mac-tans! Don't stop now when we're so close to the end!

Kami-Tux

BTW: Is there a Unix-sama now? Or is she becoming a HURD-sama?

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Aurora Borealis

There isn't a Unix-sama yet. But I do know that C-Chan has considered drawing her though.

NewYinzer

QuoteThere isn't a Unix-sama yet. But I do know that C-Chan has considered drawing her though.

Yeah. I remember him talking about it when I joined.

C-Chan

*scurries back in*

Sorry for the delay.... ^v^

Now then, where was I.... ^__^

POINT #1:  Aurora-sama, you absolutely nailed it on System 5!  ^v^
Aside from being cute and mischievous at the same time, it also gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that you used most of my suggestions.  ^.^

Me likey!  ^v^

POINT #2:  Speaking of which, is the height chart useful?  ^___^

POINT #3:  With the exception of Aurora-sama for reasons of personal bias,....   -v-

[melodramatically]  You people are horrible!!!  ;^0^;
I spent the last three weeks harping on and on about Unix-sama, even went so far as to buy a new computer, obtain a copy of the Hexagon 3D modeling program, read up on advanced Poser skills, perform ceremonial bathing and fasting for purification, and even inflict self-flagellation for heretical infractions
(such as calling her "Unix-tan",... oh dear GAWD, did it again....  -v-')

*flagellates*

(See what I mean...  ^__^'
That would be #1,277.)

*marks tally*

...But as I was saying, yeah did all that, and yet the most that's said is that perhaps, maybe C-chan might sorta be working on a Unix-sama?!  >0<

GAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!  Initiating PIGGY MADNESS SYNDROME to smite these people in the name of UNIX-TAN!!!!  ;^0^;

Aw crap....... -___________-

*flagellates*

#1,278.....

*marks tally*

*deactivates Piggy Madness Syndrome*  Fine then, I'll let you live for now, but just this once okay.... -v-

Suffice to say, was preparing everything to work on Unix-sama, but got sidetracked with a little project that quickly turned into a BIG project.... -v-

http://ostan.blackdiam.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/C64-Amiga.jpg

...Several flagellations later, the great Unix-sama allowed it since it was a depiction of Amiga-san AND it was also good practice for several mew techniques that I'll need to use in Unix-sama's rendition.

But now that I'm done, I'll hit the books for a little while longer (just to make sure I know Hexagon/Poser inside out) and then I'll begin work on her.  ^__^

Hate to take this long, but Unix-sama is simply too important to be rushed... -v-

So yes, Unix-sama is in progress Oh Great Penguin God whom I shall cover her seat with crazy glue so as to not disappear from this place again... `v'

So yes, the No-Touchy rule on her is still in effect.  `.'

SleepyD

On Point 3: Take a chill pill, dude. XD Amiga is developing quite well. ^^ We need MORE FREAKIN ARTISTS HERE. really.

On Point 2: yes, I find the height chart useful, but I do hate the US "standard" system. I am 179cm tall! w00t! haha

On Point 1: I have nothing to add to what you just said. ^^

On Point 0: KABOOOM!!!