Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuoteI don't think they would be very close sisters though. GEM-tan and TOS-tan would have been seperated at a very young age, likely too young to remember each other, only reuniting when both happened to join the Binteeji Renmei. They might be able to get along but their interests and personalities are very different, have diverged a lot due to time and the circumstances each one has been through.

Precisely.  ^^

QuoteAlso, TOS-tan seeks a lot of distance from the Binteeji Renmei (being a diva and all, not wanting to do chores) but GEM-tan is close friends with quite a few of the girls (best friend is Lisa-tan, also good friends with Amiga-tan and the DOS-tans. Well, maybe except for PC DOS-tan because she's just too foul-tempered)

It's not just the chores part -- TOS-chan simply refuses to believe she's gotten old.  Whereas C64-tan denies this to an extent herself, at least she turns this into humor.  TOS-chan is in flat-out denial that she's not the gorgeous "must-have" system anymore.  -___-

QuoteOkay, so Adam-tan is in the Binteeji Renmei (although her biggest rival, Apple ][-tan is also there!)

][-chan isn't necesssarily a pacifist, btw.  After all, to put it simplistcally, karate was invented by farmers.  ^^;

QuoteHa! So that explains why she is a diva!

I feel tempted to draw her now!  

My original character reference for TOS-chan was Ranpha from Galaxy Angel.  By trade, she's SUPPOSED to be a magician too, continuing the family business for her older [smaller] sister.

In practice, she was more of a song-and-dance performer, equivalent to the Japanese idol singers of today.  She had a lot of pizzazz, but neglected her magical skills and also helped her company run itself out of business with so many expenses.  After it went belly-up, she was still out having a good time while AtariDOS-chan was left as the only real breadwinner left.

In essence, the story is not unlike ][-chan/Lisa-chan, except with personalities switched.  AtariDOS-chan was quiet and demure, while AtariTOS-chan was lively and outspoken.

QuoteYes, I would actually be doing a downgrade but to save time and my sanity!

Who'd a thunk that you'd take "Zero Sanity" quite literally.  ^^;

By all means, please do so -- I can honestly say it's possible to do less with more, and in your case I have certifiably proof that you have the knowledge to master that trade.  ^.^

QuoteWait, what would ROM be in OS-tan analogies? O_O

Dunno, actually.  ^^;

I thought it akin to how RAM is depicted in the Mac Comic,... like a stick of RAM that you insert in the back of one's neck.  ^__________^;

Just don't ask me where the ROM goes.  ^__________________^;

QuoteCome to think of it, a lot of OS-tans are good musicians. I certainly thought all the OSXs would be musical geniuses.

I reckon the OS-tan world is starting to seem as Music-centric as the Macross world.  ^^;
"Diznee" studios, eat your heart out.  -v-;

QuoteHmmmm...I remember VonDaab mentioned this in the MSPaint thread...I was going to suggest it might be that owl logo, but I wasn't sure. Maybe I am clairvoyant!

Quick, give me the first six numbers you can think of!!!  ^0^

*leans pen on Lottery ticket*

QuoteCan we just stop beating around the bush and call Billy "the Raider of the lost Source"?

BWAHAHA!!!  ^v^

Quoteey, so VMS-sama's claim to being Unix-ish-like-kinda-but-not-really is true! We are family! All my third-conceptual-cousins-by-design and me!

*head explodes*

Hold on a second, let me join you.  ^^

*HEAD EXPLODES*

QuoteHmmm....AMIX-san...she was Miggy-san's mentor, right?

That's how,... it... was.... supposed... to... be..... yeah.....

But things just sorta,.... flipped....  ^^;

QuoteThough...maybe there is something deeper. Maybe she really did think her life would turn out for the better as an open-sourceress  

Not sure if that's what she would've thought initially, but that's certainly how she might start to think now.  Eventually the devotion of her followers will seep through, and she'll start to slowly but surely change her personality around.  

Already I'm seeing more activity with regards to Solaris-based distros. (Nexenta just got updated today)

QuoteThat's all well and good but...did...did you just call TOS-tan cheap 'n easy O__o

...................................................................No.... comment-o.....  Â¬Â¬;

In any event, that's ANCIENT history.  ^___^;

This is 2008,.. let's celebrate the PRESENT and not dwell too much in the stuffy old PAST.... -v-;

QuoteOooh, ooh, maybe I'll give it a try. I can't say could finish it, though...I've come down with a rather severe case of Antique-IBM-Mainframe-enchantment, which is sapping most of my system resources at this point. @__@

Say, Aurora-san....this might be a crazy idea...but what if we both worked a bit on this picture? Like...you could do some of the shading, then post the file or whatever, and I could do the detail work or something. Just a thought, though.

Awesome!  I'd be thrilled if you two could cooperate publicy on this pic.  ^__^
I would be more than happy to issue FOUR Minis if it means the kind of cooperative work I've always dreamed of seeing.  ^^

Damn,... if only I were home, I'd post up the sauce ASAP...  -.-

==========

BTW, sorry for eating a lot of the replies, but I did want to lessen the read a bit.  ^___^
Let me wrap up here so I can post up my old Miggy Sauce.  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: BellaPlease to forgive me, this thread has grown like the Blob since I last posted! I assure you I've been reading the posts but haven't had time to actually post anything; so what you see here is a rather chopped-down version of what I have to say. Sorry : |
Perfectly understandable...

QuoteSecondly, good call on the Victorian influences on the early Macs. It fits them perfectly; I have to say this is one of my favorite renditions of the early Macs.
Just wait... there will be more!

QuoteThirdly, I lol'd at 4K-tan. As C-Chan said, she is like a walking geek convention! Just give her some pointy Spock ears, and she'll fulfill every stereotype! :P
...Now I also want to draw 4K-tan in a "Star Trek" parody! *chuckle*

QuoteWait, what would ROM be in OS-tan analogies? O_O
Good question! I almost tried to ponder that question o__o

QuoteCan we just stop beating around the bush and call Billy "the Raider of the lost Source"?
HAHAHAHAHA! Good one! That would make a kick-*** parody picture! And in time for the "Indiana Jones" frenzy!

QuoteExactly. Hey, it would be neat to figure out where we derived the inspiration for our characters from ^_^

I certainly think my beloved XP-san is a bit like Orihime (from Bleach)

ME-tan is inspired by Canal from "Lost Universe"
98-tan at least strongly resembles Shinobu from "Love Hina"
95-tan is said to be based off of Motoko from "Love Hina"
The pink-haired Leopard-tan is based off of HoiHoi-san from "One-shot bug killer! HoiHoi-san!"
BeOS-tan (the purple-haired one) is based off of Yuki Nagato from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"
The 'magical girl' Vistan also known as Chivistan is based off of Dizzy from "Guilty Gear" (although when I first saw Chivistan, I thought she looked like Admiral Lindy from "Nanoha A's")

XP-tan really is a lot like Orihime. Homeko, on the other hand I think is a lot like Mitsu from "Rozen Maiden" (incidentally, there are several pictures/comics depicting Homeo cosplaying as Kanaria, Mitsu's Rozen Maiden doll she has a strong and rather scary relationship with)

QuoteSo, lesse...if VMS-sama is the conceptual "daughter" of TOPS 10-san, that makes CTSS-sama her aunt, Multics-sama her cousin, and Unix-sama her second cousin. If CTSS-sama and OS/360-san influenced VM/CMS-san, whom OS/2-san is the conceptual daughter of, then OS/2 is a grandaughter of CTSS and OS/360, great neice of Multics, and the third cousin of Unix-sama...?

Hey, so VMS-sama's claim to being Unix-ish-like-kinda-but-not-really is true! We are family! All my third-conceptual-cousins-by-design and me!

*head explodes*
Hoooooooly craaaaaaaaaaap!
*head explodes*

QuoteHmmm....AMIX-san...she was Miggy-san's mentor, right?
AMIX-san was Amiga-sama's apprentice, actually.

QuoteNot only that...but I also think that Solaris-san seeing Linux-sama get a lot of Unix-sama's attention would have ticked her off. So rather than fight the newcomer like some of the other Unixes, she decided to become more like Linux-sama to gain favor with Unix-sama.

Though...maybe there is something deeper. Maybe she really did think her life would turn out for the better as an open-sourceress ;)
I didn't really consider that motive. But doesn't getting whacked by Unix's metal staff regularly equal to getting a decent amount of attention from her? :D

QuoteIf I may ask...why does Adam-tan relies on that printer? I remember hearing about it in your original design proposal for her, but I have forgotten. Sorry!
The Adam's power source is in the printer. If that doesn't work, the whole system does not work!

QuoteDoes this....have to do....with Unix-sama? :P
Exactly what I was thinking :P

QuoteThat's all well and good but...did...did you just call TOS-tan cheap 'n easy O__o
Maybe it was under the context of that she is easy to please, is not super-picky and fussy like Lisa-tan. Also, much less expensive!

QuoteSay, Aurora-san....this might be a crazy idea...but what if we both worked a bit on this picture? Like...you could do some of the shading, then post the file or whatever, and I could do the detail work or something. Just a thought, though.
Hey! That could work- making the competition into a collaboration!

QuoteThis sounds about right...so TOS-tan and GEM-tan would look similar, right?
Their outfits and hairstyles will be very different but they could have the same eye color and/or hair color.

QuoteYay! I can't wait to see cel-shading in ZS. Like I always say, the simple way is usually the best way!
"Keep it simple, stupid/silly/whatever else is used as the last 'S' in the KISS acronym" ;012

Quote from: C-ChanIt's not just the chores part -- TOS-chan simply refuses to believe she's gotten old.  Whereas C64-tan denies this to an extent herself, at least she turns this into humor.  TOS-chan is in flat-out denial that she's not the gorgeous "must-have" system anymore.  -___-
Aw geez... She really needs help.  ;014

Quote][-chan isn't necesssarily a pacifist, btw.  After all, to put it simplistcally, karate was invented by farmers.  ^^;
Oh crap! Are you implying that the rivalry between Coleco Adam-tan and Apple ][-tan is still mutual? 0__0

QuoteMy original character reference for TOS-chan was Ranpha from Galaxy Angel.  By trade, she's SUPPOSED to be a magician too, continuing the family business for her older [smaller] sister.
Upon checking Ranpha's article on Wikipedia, I realize, yup. Perfect inspiration for TOS-tan!

QuoteIn practice, she was more of a song-and-dance performer, equivalent to the Japanese idol singers of today.  She had a lot of pizzazz, but neglected her magical skills and also helped her company run itself out of business with so many expenses.  After it went belly-up, she was still out having a good time while AtariDOS-chan was left as the only real breadwinner left.
Gyaaaaaah! First she disregards family tradition and then causes the demise of her own company and is completely oblivious, also leaving her sister as the only real breadwinner... daaaaaaarn! (I still kinda like TOS-tan though)

But how the heck does Atari DOS-tan put up with her?!

QuoteIn essence, the story is not unlike ][-chan/Lisa-chan, except with personalities switched.  AtariDOS-chan was quiet and demure, while AtariTOS-chan was lively and outspoken.
That was what I was thinking too when reading it, thinking of TOS-tan as super airheaded and lively showgirl version of Lisa-tan!

QuoteHold on a second, let me join you.  ^^

*HEAD EXPLODES*
I thirded the whole 'head exploding' thing!

Bella

QuoteIt's not just the chores part -- TOS-chan simply refuses to believe she's gotten old. Whereas C64-tan denies this to an extent herself, at least she turns this into humor. TOS-chan is in flat-out denial that she's not the gorgeous "must-have" system anymore. -___-

Oh, I think I remember hearing about TOS-tan awhile back...is she the one obsessed with not being "popular" anymore or something...?

Quote][-chan isn't necesssarily a pacifist, btw. After all, to put it simplistcally, karate was invented by farmers. ^^;

...Sum kick-ass farmers, I guess :P

QuoteI thought it akin to how RAM is depicted in the Mac Comic,... like a stick of RAM that you insert in the back of one's neck. ^__________^;

Just don't ask me where the ROM goes. ^__________________^;

I always thought RAM would be food....but then again, I hate to get too bogged down in RL/OS-tan analogies....

QuoteI reckon the OS-tan world is starting to seem as Music-centric as the Macross world. ^^;

Haha!

QuoteQuick, give me the first six numbers you can think of!!! ^0^

*leans pen on Lottery ticket*

4! 8! 15! 16! 23! 42!

(just don't kill me if you win and have bad luck. Lawl.)

QuoteThat's how,... it... was.... supposed... to... be..... yeah.....

But things just sorta,.... flipped.... ^^;

I see...this sounds like the makings of a heartwarming little tale...

Focus Bella, focus!

QuoteNot sure if that's what she would've thought initially, but that's certainly how she might start to think now. Eventually the devotion of her followers will seep through, and she'll start to slowly but surely change her personality around.

Better late than never, I always say.

QuoteAwesome! I'd be thrilled if you two could cooperate publicy on this pic. ^__^
I would be more than happy to issue FOUR Minis if it means the kind of cooperative work I've always dreamed of seeing. ^^

Whoo! :D

Quote...Now I also want to draw 4K-tan in a "Star Trek" parody! *chuckle*

Oh now, this would have to include OS/2-tan, right ;)

QuoteHAHAHAHAHA! Good one! That would make a kick-*** parody picture! And in time for the "Indiana Jones" frenzy!

*imagines Billy dressed like Indiana Jones, in some ruins, hanging from a rope, with VMS source code manuals under one arm, being chased by angry DEC employees AND VMS-sama*

Must...draw....so....badly....O__O

QuoteME-tan is inspired by Canal from "Lost Universe"

*list of OS-tans and influences*

And I think those are all the characters that I made that have TV/movie/comic/game inspirations. I think all the others I made were made from scratch or based off of discontinued original characters.

Hey! Somebody took my offer! I really liked reading that and seeing some of the parallels....

Here are some characters that have influences, as well as some already drawn characters that I just liken to others...there are probably more, but off the top of my head:

VMS-sama: Freesia (from Jubei-chan)
Slackware-tan: I can't help but see a bit of a connection to Winry (FMA)
Arch Linux-tan: Yuki Negato (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya)
Unix-sama: Claes (Gunslinger Girl), Lady Eboshi (Monoke Hime), Madame Suliman (Howl's Moving Castle), Hannibal Lecter (O__O), I'm gonna throw Ben Linus in here (from Lost), and, oh, why not, the kitchen sink
ITS-san: Kino (Kino's Journey)
Inferno-chan: Just a hint of Eureka (Eureka 7)
2k-kun: reminds me of Uryu Ishida aka cutest anime boy ever (Bleach)
FreeVMS-chan: Ed (Cowboy Bebop)
Batch/11-tan: Diva (Blood +)
I believe I've heard Multics-sama/Belldandy compared; but the former is one heck of a lot more manic. Then again, I have heard of a few OS-tans being compared to Belldandy...
I know Acorn Micro and AROS-chan are both loosely based on Henrietta (Gunslinger Girl)
On that note, why does Windows 2.0-chan remind me of Angelica?

QuoteHoooooooly craaaaaaaaaaap!
*head explodes*

I know....I think the beard-and-suspenders Unix geniuses may know something we don't...

QuoteI didn't really consider that motive. But doesn't getting whacked by Unix's metal staff regularly equal to getting a decent amount of attention from her?

That depends on whether you ask Slackware-tan or not. She certainly thinks it's plenty of attention :P

QuoteThe Adam's power source is in the printer. If that doesn't work, the whole system does not work!

*thinks about what would happen if my computer was reliant upon printer*

What kind of a dumbass idea is that?! O_________O

QuoteHey! That could work- making the competition into a collaboration!

For sure! Alone, it may be tough for either us of to finish the picture, but together it'll be done in no time :D

QuoteTheir outfits and hairstyles will be very different but they could have the same eye color and/or hair color.

I see. Well, that'd be plenty close!

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: BellaOh, I think I remember hearing about TOS-tan awhile back...is she the one obsessed with not being "popular" anymore or something...?
I think so. Although I think it was more about her 'fading beauty' she was obsessed about.

Why, here she is, in a concept sketch!

QuoteWhoo! :D
seconded!

QuoteOh now, this would have to include OS/2-tan, right ;)
Of course! No OS-tan + Star Trek parody would be complete without her!

Quote*imagines Billy dressed like Indiana Jones, in some ruins, hanging from a rope, with VMS source code manuals under one arm, being chased by angry DEC employees AND VMS-sama*

Must...draw....so....badly....O__O
Heck yeah! I would really like to see that drawn!

QuoteHere are some characters that have influences, as well as some already drawn characters that I just liken to others...there are probably more, but off the top of my head:

VMS-sama: Freesia (from Jubei-chan)
Slackware-tan: I can't help but see a bit of a connection to Winry (FMA)
Arch Linux-tan: Yuki Negato (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya)
Unix-sama: Claes (Gunslinger Girl), Lady Eboshi (Monoke Hime), Madame Suliman (Howl's Moving Castle), Hannibal Lecter (O__O), I'm gonna throw Ben Linus in here (from Lost), and, oh, why not, the kitchen sink
ITS-san: Kino (Kino's Journey)
Inferno-chan: Just a hint of Eureka (Eureka 7)
2k-kun: reminds me of Uryu Ishida aka cutest anime boy ever (Bleach)
FreeVMS-chan: Ed (Cowboy Bebop)
Batch/11-tan: Diva (Blood +)
I believe I've heard Multics-sama/Belldandy compared; but the former is one heck of a lot more manic. Then again, I have heard of a few OS-tans being compared to Belldandy...
I know Acorn Micro and AROS-chan are both loosely based on Henrietta (Gunslinger Girl)
Ha! When I first saw FreeVMS-chan, I right away thought she reminded me of Radical Ed!

QuoteI know....I think the beard-and-suspenders Unix geniuses may know something we don't...
I think so too.

QuoteThat depends on whether you ask Slackware-tan or not. She certainly thinks it's plenty of attention :P
Bwahahaha! Does that mean that getting whacked by Unix's staff would really make Slackware-chan's day? ;012

Quote*thinks about what would happen if my computer was reliant upon printer*

What kind of a dumbass idea is that?! O_________O
I have no idea! But that there is computer engineering at its worst!

QuoteFor sure! Alone, it may be tough for either us of to finish the picture, but together it'll be done in no time :D
Yeah! I've gotten a good amount of progress done today!
---

Latest progress on 1989 Apple family picture:

Added in GS/OS-tan, A/UX-tan, System 4.2-tan, System 4-tan and System 6-tan! (oh yeah, and four of these girls are even more different than their current selves!) Still need to add Apple ][-tan and Lisa-tan.

C-Chan

Never fear, Aurora-hime.  This thread's up next for response when I get a chance.  ^^

*squeals w/ delight at sight of Old Mac family portraiture.  ^.^

Added after 3 hours 23 minutes:

QuoteMaybe it was under the context of that she is easy to please, is not super-picky and fussy like Lisa-tan. Also, much less expensive!

*staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare*  Â¬___¬

Well in fairness.... you're both right.  ^^

QuoteTheir outfits and hairstyles will be very different but they could have the same eye color and/or hair color.

Though not originally in my plan, I do think that makes the most logical sense.  The most important thing is that she looks nothing like AtariDOS-chan.... ^>^

QuoteAw geez... She really needs help.  

Good idea!  ^v^
Take a number.... -v-

(cause everyone in the BR needs help.  ^^;)

QuoteOh crap! Are you implying that the rivalry between Coleco Adam-tan and Apple ][-tan is still mutual? 0__0

Well,................... that's purely up to Adam-chan.  She's the crazy one.  ^^;

QuoteUpon checking Ranpha's article on Wikipedia, I realize, yup. Perfect inspiration for TOS-tan!

I wanted to borrow the aspect that she's playful as well as a  very capable fighter, but still marred by a whole slew of physical obsessions.  In that respect, she's so much like Ranpha.  ^^

QuoteGyaaaaaah! First she disregards family tradition and then causes the demise of her own company and is completely oblivious, also leaving her sister as the only real breadwinner... daaaaaaarn! (I still kinda like TOS-tan though)

But how the heck does Atari DOS-tan put up with her?!

Well she didn't cause her family's demise -- they would've done it on their own anyway.  She simply hastened the process.....  ^___^;;

And it's not that she consciously tries to be mean to her stepsister,... it's just that she's a bit on the inconsiderate side.  Call it a consequence of her lifestyle.  -v-'

As for AtariDOS-chan putting up with her....

Not to say she doesn't get miffed every once in a while (and looks cute at it), but for the most part she's just the sweetest, most innocent little thing.  ^.^

Even while her sister and her company's management were off on a spending spree, she still worked hard and supported them.  Besides, unlike ][-chan (who had sisters and a mother) and PET-chan (who had loads of sisters), AtariDOS-chan really had no one.  Even if she wasn't a real sister, TOS-chan was like a dream comme true for her, and she's loved her like a real sister ever since.  

That being said, she has a very high tolerance for the antics of her beauty-obsessed big "little" sister.  ^.^

QuoteThat was what I was thinking too when reading it, thinking of TOS-tan as super airheaded and lively showgirl version of Lisa-tan!

While not airheaded in the traditional "ditzy" sense, she is very clueless about how superficial her interests are.  She reads fashion magazines and shows with blind obedience, has ongoing delusions of quick-rich schemes, and generally operates under the idea that she has no value without a corresponding male presence.

That's cluelessness of the worst kind -- she uses her own potential to IMPAIR her own potential, just to live someone else's sick, twisted ideal of what potential is.  -.-'

QuoteI always thought RAM would be food....but then again, I hate to get too bogged down in RL/OS-tan analogies....

Oh right!  I forgot all about that.  ^.^
In that case, yeah it can also be food.  ^^

QuoteI see...this sounds like the makings of a heartwarming little tale...

Focus Bella, focus!

FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!  ^0^
Besides,... that'd be like story idea #22.  ^^;

QuoteI know Acorn Micro and AROS-chan are both loosely based on Henrietta (Gunslinger Girl)

Probably cause she IS based on Angelica from Gunslinger Girl?  ^^;

That's a pretty massive list between the two of youz.  ^.^
Lemme see if I can pull up a few of my own.  ^^

Amiga - Sakura/Miyu (Card Captor Sakura/Super Gals)
PalmOS - Midori (Midori Days)
ZX Spectrum - Hikari (Haibane Renmei)
Commodore PET - Rika (Card Captor Sakura)
Commodore 64 - Skuld (Ah My Goddess)
Windows 1.0 - Princess Tutu (Princess Tutu)
Apple ][ - Makimachi Misao (Rurouni Kenshin) + "Old Man from the Mountains" from Arjuna
Apple Lisa - Tiara (Shamanic Princess)
RiscOS - Wendy (Read Or Die)
eComStaton - Minawa Andou (Mahoromatic ~Something More Beautiful~)
QDOS - Osaka (Azumanga Daioh)
FreeDOS - Tomoyo (Card Captor Sakura)
TripOS - Eclair (Kiddy Grade)
FreeBSD - Elda (Karin)

QuoteI think so. Although I think it was more about her 'fading beauty' she was obsessed about.

YAY!!!!!!!!  AURORA-HIME SKETCHED TOS-CHAN!!!  ^V^

I bow before you're greatness!!  ^-^

*prostrates and grovels before Aurora's feet*

Granted, she looks a little like Skuld on the right-most picture, this is certainly dynamite.  ^___^

She has long hair -- CHECK!
Beautiful flowery dress -- CHECK!
Atari-logo sash -- CHECK!
Knee-high socks -- CHECK!
Cute microchibi -- CHECK!  

Also loved that cute AtariDOS chibi.  ^.^
Just as an FYI, the corn-rows on her hair make out the Atari Logo in the back of her head.  ^^

QuoteOf course! No OS-tan + Star Trek parody would be complete without her!

Touche.  ^.^

QuoteLatest progress on 1989 Apple family picture:

Added in GS/OS-tan, A/UX-tan, System 4.2-tan, System 4-tan and System 6-tan! (oh yeah, and four of these girls are even more different than their current selves!) Still need to add Apple ][-tan and Lisa-tan.

WOOHOO!!!!!  ^V^
This is so gorgeous, I feel the onset of a head explosion!!!  ^0^

*rumble rumble rumble*

Oh, okay, it's here.... ^^'

*HEAD EXPLODES!!!*

No but seriously, I'm loving this drawing. I love how you reimagined their entire personality and wardrobe, and every part of it is dripping with detail.  ^___^

Now let's do a one-on-one.... ^__^

QuoteGS/OS-tan has long hair!

AND she's playing an Apple Guitar!  Yowza!  If not for the legal matter, she could pass for a Beatles member!  @v@

QuoteA/UX-tan is dressed professionally?!

ENCHANTRESS!!!!! ^V^

*tries to pour crazy glue on self and stick onto her*

*but then realizes he's out of crazy glue*

Whoops,... used it all up on the glamazonic Mainframe-tans....  ^^;

*sighs lecherously*

Thankfully, the C-chan is resourceful. ^.^

*dunks self in vat of sticky rice, and lunges self onto A/UX-tan*

MINE!!!!  ALL MINE!!!!!!  ^V^

*sticks, but gradually slides off*

Any chance we can keep her with that clothing? ^___^

*considers redrawing pig picture with professional clothing*

QuoteMac System 4.2-tan is ill-tempered!
[
Oh, what's eating this pigtailed cutie?  ^.^

QuoteMac System 6-tan is NOT the tallest Apple-tan, is not battle-scarred and is dressed like a showgirl?!

Ack!  You grow back those inches THIS INSTANT!!!  ^0^

Also love how lady-like and elegant Mac System 4-tan looks like,... although I still see she has a penchant for ice cream.  ^.^

Ahhhhhh,... how times have changed.

I wonder now what the OSX kitties are gonna look like 20 years from now.  ^^;

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"

*staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare*  Â¬___¬

Well in fairness.... you're both right.  ^^
At least my assumption was clean-minded ;012

Good idea!  ^v^
Take a number.... -v-

(cause everyone in the BR needs help.  ^^;)
Uhh... 42!

I know why the Amiga, Apple ][, Lisa, Windows 1.0, Windows 2.0, MITS Altair 8800, Coleco Adam, Atari TOS and PC DOS-tans need help but I am curious about the others too.

Well,................... that's purely up to Adam-chan.  She's the crazy one.  ^^;
Hahahaha... If that rivalry still exists, Adam-chan brought it on herself. She is crazy.

Well she didn't cause her family's demise -- they would've done it on their own anyway.  She simply hastened the process.....  ^___^;;
Wait... BOTH caused their demise? But... But... Atari DOS-chan was the breadwinner of the family! But I do understand how she hastened their demise!

And it's not that she consciously tries to be mean to her stepsister,... it's just that she's a bit on the inconsiderate side.  Call it a consequence of her lifestyle.  -v-'
Well... I figured that. She was just too busy trying to have a good time she forgot what should have come first: contributing to the family, ensuring survival of their company.

Not to say she doesn't get miffed every once in a while (and looks cute at it), but for the most part she's just the sweetest, most innocent little thing.  ^.^

Even while her sister and her company's management were off on a spending spree, she still worked hard and supported them.  Besides, unlike ][-chan (who had sisters and a mother) and PET-chan (who had loads of sisters), AtariDOS-chan really had no one.  Even if she wasn't a real sister, TOS-chan was like a dream comme true for her, and she's loved her like a real sister ever since.  

That being said, she has a very high tolerance for the antics of her beauty-obsessed big "little" sister.  ^.^
Oh... I didn't know that AtariDOS-chan didn't have anyone, that she was lonely. That stepsister of hers, is a mixed blessing to her but at least she isn't lonely anymore.

QuoteWhile not airheaded in the traditional "ditzy" sense, she is very clueless about how superficial her interests are.  She reads fashion magazines and shows with blind obedience, has ongoing delusions of quick-rich schemes, and generally operates under the idea that she has no value without a corresponding male presence.

That's cluelessness of the worst kind -- she uses her own potential to IMPAIR her own potential, just to live someone else's sick, twisted ideal of what potential is.  -.-'
That's sad too. Not just neglecting her company, but also herself in a way :(

However on the bright side, since she is so fashion-inclined, she would be great friends with Barbie Linux-tan! :D

YAY!!!!!!!!  AURORA-HIME SKETCHED TOS-CHAN!!!  ^V^

I bow before you're greatness!!  ^-^

*prostrates and grovels before Aurora's feet*

Granted, she looks a little like Skuld on the right-most picture, this is certainly dynamite.  ^___^

She has long hair -- CHECK!
Beautiful flowery dress -- CHECK!
Atari-logo sash -- CHECK!
Knee-high socks -- CHECK!
Cute microchibi -- CHECK!  
Thanks! Was that close to the preconcept you had in mind?

Also loved that cute AtariDOS chibi.  ^.^
Just as an FYI, the corn-rows on her hair make out the Atari Logo in the back of her head.  ^^
Ohhh.... I was wondering how that hairstyle was done (and if it was even possible)! The only references I had were the mini and hand-drawn sketch of her ^^;

WOOHOO!!!!!  ^V^
This is so gorgeous, I feel the onset of a head explosion!!!  ^0^

*rumble rumble rumble*

Oh, okay, it's here.... ^^'

*HEAD EXPLODES!!!*

No but seriously, I'm loving this drawing. I love how you reimagined their entire personality and wardrobe, and every part of it is dripping with detail.  ^___^
Thanks! For your kindness, I shall mop up the remnants of your exploded head and reassemble them for free! :D

QuoteGS/OS-tan has long hair!

AND she's playing an Apple Guitar!  Yowza!  If not for the legal matter, she could pass for a Beatles member!  @v@
She's got long hair to look more like a rock star! And that's right! The Beatles' record company [Apple Corps] sued Apple Computer several times in the 1980's over naming disputes. One settlement was that Apple Computer could keep their name, but not release any music-related Apple product. But the Apple //GS specialized in Graphics and sound (and by association, music) which did result in trouble once again T__T

ENCHANTRESS!!!!! ^V^

*tries to pour crazy glue on self and stick onto her*

*but then realizes he's out of crazy glue*

Whoops,... used it all up on the glamazonic Mainframe-tans....  ^^;

*sighs lecherously*

Thankfully, the C-chan is resourceful. ^.^

*dunks self in vat of sticky rice, and lunges self onto A/UX-tan*

MINE!!!!  ALL MINE!!!!!!  ^V^

*sticks, but gradually slides off*

Any chance we can keep her with that clothing? ^___^

*considers redrawing pig picture with professional clothing*
I didn't know that you prefered the more professional-looking A/UX-tan. But there is a story behind that: When she lived with the Apple family up until 1996 when she got evicted, she was trained to be strict and professional (and looking the part) with very high standards and expectations held up to her because so much money was invested in her (it cost Apple hundreds of thousands of dollars to liscense the Unix name and code) and she was prohibited from mingling with the general public, only allowed to be around the very high-end users.

She enjoyed being around the Apple-tans but was discouraged from and sometimes punished for 'childish behavior' and was often too busy trying to fulfill what her company wanted from her although she ultimately failed, sold poorly and was evicted.

However, she saw her eviction as a mixed blessing. She was sad that she had to leave the Apple family and for being such a burden but was happy that the strict dress codes and very high standards she was held to no longer applied and she finally had the freedom to do the things she has wanted to do all those years (include practice wrestling, and build her own rocketship!) And of course she still visits the Apple-tans from time to time!

It is also noted that although she is a Unix-tan, she considers the Apple-tans to be her true family despite not being related (and they are only her stepfamily). But llthough her pro-Apple stance was obvious, she was not considered a traitor to the Unices since she remained unaligned and did not participate in the Unix wars at all. However, by not participating in the Unix wars, she avoided competition in the battlefield but was out-competed by the other Unices in terms of attention, popularity and sales which led to her eviction.

QuoteMac System 4.2-tan is ill-tempered!
[
Oh, what's eating this pigtailed cutie?  ^.^
Glad you asked! She actually wasn't always like that- before System 6-tan came along, 4.2-tan was a very shy and mild-mannered girl but turned ill-tempered and hated her younger sister until a certain event that causes 4.2-tan to change her mind, and the two become the closest of friends, which they still are today.

QuoteMac System 6-tan is NOT the tallest Apple-tan, is not battle-scarred and is dressed like a showgirl?!

Ack!  You grow back those inches THIS INSTANT!!!  ^0^
Hey, although she was 12 inches shorter than her current self, she was still fairly tall back then! (of course it pales in comparison to her current self... You know what... I agree with you C-Chan :D )

And I do have two possible explanations as to the height difference, an obvious one and an attempted parallel to a technical detail but... I dunno if the latter would be a legitimate parallel or not (but hey, I can still go with the obvious reason of her being a very bizarre and cryptic character, right?) ;012

Also love how lady-like and elegant Mac System 4-tan looks like,... although I still see she has a penchant for ice cream.  ^.^
Yeah... Mac System 4-tan is also rather gluttonous as well, for having such higher hardware requirements than her predecessors (Systems 1-3 required only 128 KB of RAM, 4.0 required 512k [could not run on the original Macintosh/Mac 128k], 4.1 required 1 MB [could not run on the 512k either])
----

Now once again I'm skipping around to and from other characters... but here are Lunar Linux-tan and Source Mage-tan!

Lunar Linux-tan has been updated, my best attempt at trying to incorporate elements from Enki-2's rendition (it's in the Linux gallery, posted up very recently)

I added in the glasses, metallic blue leggings and atennae and the idea of Lunar Linux-tan having a moonbase she connects with from Enki-2's rendition. I also think she would dress casually when at home or other casual situations (but she certainly dresses in her wizard outfit when performing or being taught new spells). And the idea of her being a Unix hacker as well... Only as long as she uses her abilities responsibly! (*cough*usethemagainstSCO-bouzu*cough*)

Here is a close-up of Lunar Linux-tan, showing her atennae which would be hidden under her hat, and with her glasses off to show her eyes and eye color.

And Source Mage-tan is Lunar Linux-tan's twin sister and also Sorcerer-tan's clone magically created from the remnants of her original body after it got severely damaged in an accident (although Sorcerer-tan is still well alive, her soul and mind transferred to a new body). She is very advanced [slogan is "Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic] and has great potential that equals or even surpasses that of Sorcerer-tan's, although she still has a lot to learn to reach it- still only being a beta OS.

She is very fond of birds (crows and ravens in particular) and always has at least one pet raven accompanying her. Her way of meeting people is rather eccentric- those who meet her are required to make a social contract, referencing that Source Mage has a social contract.

She is very introverted, compassionate and a strong supporter of freedom (first part of Source Mage contract: ensure that Source Mage stays free, developers only make free software) but is respectful of more proprietary-inclined viewpoints as well (although developers do not make any non-free software, its usage is permitted). That's right- she is one of the few Linux-tans that does not mind the likes of Linspire-tan (and other distros that use a lot of proprietary software and/or are not free)!
---

I was going to also post up a rather sappy conjecture regarding Lunar Linux-tan, Source Mage-tan and Sorcerer-tan and what/why their affiliations are (Sorcerer-tan is in the LUC, the other two are currently wanderers) but I'm deciding to save the whole conjecture for next time.

Siya

I just got back from vacation, so please forgive me for only commenting on the most recent stuff.

Hurrah!  Lunar Linux-tan and Source Mage-tan look awesome!  Three cheers!

Yay!
Yay!
Yay!

Bella

QuoteI think so. Although I think it was more about her 'fading beauty' she was obsessed about.

Wow! Very pretty! She may be worried about her fading beauty, but she could have fooled me ;)

QuoteOf course! No OS-tan + Star Trek parody would be complete without her!

Haha...this'll be awesome :D

QuoteHeck yeah! I would really like to see that drawn!

At least collaged together

*goes off to look for suitable pics*

QuoteHa! When I first saw FreeVMS-chan, I right away thought she reminded me of Radical Ed!

NO WAI! I didn't even mention this to anyone... @___@

QuoteBwahahaha! Does that mean that getting whacked by Unix's staff would really make Slackware-chan's day?

Oh, for sure. Think about all the people Unix-sama just ignores and doesn't even waste her energy on reprimanding. Slackware-chan would see this as an honor...a brush with greatness, you could say :P

QuoteLatest progress on 1989 Apple family picture:

I'll point out the obvious for you. Whoo-hoo! *pulls out a Fark-style "Obvious" tag*:

GS/OS-tan has long hair!

A/UX-tan is dressed professionally?!

Mac System 4.2-tan is ill-tempered!

Mac System 6-tan is NOT the tallest Apple-tan, is not battle-scarred and is dressed like a showgirl?!

Oh wow! I love GS/OS with long hair, and I love her apple-shaped guitar.

I always wanted to draw A/UX in formal wear (the type she'd have to grudgingly put on when summoned to a Unix meeting or something) but never could think of a good outfit. You've taken the initiative for me!

Angry, pouting 4.2-tan is still adorable...and showgirl Antares-tan?! WTF?! A killer cyborg showgirl?! Now I've seen everything! But System 4-chan takes the cake as the cutest in this picture, for sure!

QuoteGood idea! ^v^
Take a number.... -v-

(cause everyone in the BR needs help. ^^

True dat O__O

QuoteWell,................... that's purely up to Adam-chan. She's the crazy one. ^^;

The crazy, printer-reliant, electromagnetism spouting one.

QuoteWell she didn't cause her family's demise -- they would've done it on their own anyway. She simply hastened the process..... ^___^;;

And it's not that she consciously tries to be mean to her stepsister,... it's just that she's a bit on the inconsiderate side. Call it a consequence of her lifestyle. -v-'

Not to say she doesn't get miffed every once in a while (and looks cute at it), but for the most part she's just the sweetest, most innocent little thing. ^.^

Even while her sister and her company's management were off on a spending spree, she still worked hard and supported them. Besides, unlike ][-chan (who had sisters and a mother) and PET-chan (who had loads of sisters), AtariDOS-chan really had no one. Even if she wasn't a real sister, TOS-chan was like a dream comme true for her, and she's loved her like a real sister ever since.

That being said, she has a very high tolerance for the antics of her beauty-obsessed big "little" sister. ^.^

Awww...it's good they can be so close as the really don't have any other relatives :)

QuoteWhile not airheaded in the traditional "ditzy" sense, she is very clueless about how superficial her interests are. She reads fashion magazines and shows with blind obedience, has ongoing delusions of quick-rich schemes, and generally operates under the idea that she has no value without a corresponding male presence.

That's cluelessness of the worst kind -- she uses her own potential to IMPAIR her own potential, just to live someone else's sick, twisted ideal of what potential is. -.-'

Hmmm...maybe she'd more shortsighted than ditzy...

QuoteProbably cause she IS based on Angelica from Gunslinger Girl? ^^;

RLY? This is the first I've heard this. ;)

QuoteThat's a pretty massive list between the two of youz. ^.^
Lemme see if I can pull up a few of my own. ^^

Amiga - Sakura/Miyu (Card Captor Sakura/Super Gals)
PalmOS - Midori (Midori Days)
ZX Spectrum - Hikari (Haibane Renmei)

Hey, ZX Spectrum-tan always remided me of Hikari!

On that note, I thought ORIC-tan might be a bit like Kuu...

QuoteCommodore PET - Rika (Card Captor Sakura)
Commodore 64 - Skuld (Ah My Goddess)
Windows 1.0 - Princess Tutu (Princess Tutu)
Apple ][ - Makimachi Misao (Rurouni Kenshin) + "Old Man from the Mountains" from Arjuna
Apple Lisa - Tiara (Shamanic Princess)
RiscOS - Wendy (Read Or Die)
eComStaton - Minawa Andou (Mahoromatic ~Something More Beautiful~)
QDOS - Osaka (Azumanga Daioh)

Ah, I was wondering when Osaka would show up on one of these lists :P

YAY!!!!!!!! AURORA-HIME SKETCHED TOS-CHAN!!! ^V^

QuoteGranted, she looks a little like Skuld on the right-most picture, this is certainly dynamite. ^___^

I kinda thought that, too...

QuoteAlso loved that cute AtariDOS chibi. ^.^
Just as an FYI, the corn-rows on her hair make out the Atari Logo in the back of her head. ^^
Oh this I have to see :D

QuoteShe's got long hair to look more like a rock star! And that's right! The Beatles' record company [Apple Corps] sued Apple Computer several times in the 1980's over naming disputes. One settlement was that Apple Computer could keep their name, but not release any music-related Apple product. But the Apple //GS specialized in Graphics and sound (and by association, music) which did result in trouble once again T__T

And did the Apple record company go after Apple Computer for their iTunes business? Which, c'mon, is obviously more founded than them going after GS...

QuoteI didn't know that you prefered the more professional-looking A/UX-tan. But there is a story behind that: When she lived with the Apple family up until 1996 when she got evicted, she was trained to be strict and professional (and looking the part) with very high standards and expectations held up to her because so much money was invested in her (it cost Apple hundreds of thousands of dollars to liscense the Unix name and code) and she was prohibited from mingling with the general public, only allowed to be around the very high-end users.

She enjoyed being around the Apple-tans but was discouraged from and sometimes punished for 'childish behavior' and was often too busy trying to fulfill what her company wanted from her although she ultimately failed, sold poorly and was evicted.

However, she saw her eviction as a mixed blessing. She was sad that she had to leave the Apple family and for being such a burden but was happy that the strict dress codes and very high standards she was held to no longer applied and she finally had the freedom to do the things she has wanted to do all those years (include practice wrestling, and build her own rocketship!) And of course she still visits the Apple-tans from time to time!

It is also noted that although she is a Unix-tan, she considers the Apple-tans to be her true family despite not being related (and they are only her stepfamily). But llthough her pro-Apple stance was obvious, she was not considered a traitor to the Unices since she remained unaligned and did not participate in the Unix wars at all. However, by not participating in the Unix wars, she avoided competition in the battlefield but was out-competed by the other Unices in terms of attention, popularity and sales which led to her eviction.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew she would have been a professional at one point. I also wondered about her interactions with the Unixen; I didn't think she was a player in the Unix wars, either.

I wonder, though, with the rocket ship and all, if she ever runs into either Plan 9-san or VxWorks-tan in space ;)

You could perhaps further the point of her favoring the Macs by theorizing she was the one who helped Leopard-chan to become a true, certified Unix (because isn't OS X Leopard the first OS X to be certified by the single Unix specification)? Or you could just say that future Leopard-chan went back in time and pulled some strings to make the Unixes take recognition of herself ^_^

QuoteGlad you asked! She actually wasn't always like that- before System 6-tan came along, 4.2-tan was a very shy and mild-mannered girl but turned ill-tempered and hated her younger sister until a certain event that causes 4.2-tan to change her mind, and the two become the closest of friends, which they still are today.

Now I'm curious....O__O

QuoteLunar Linux-tan has been updated, my best attempt at trying to incorporate elements from Enki-2's rendition (it's in the Linux gallery, posted up very recently)

I added in the glasses, metallic blue leggings and atennae and the idea of Lunar Linux-tan having a moonbase she connects with from Enki-2's rendition. I also think she would dress casually when at home or other casual situations (but she certainly dresses in her wizard outfit when performing or being taught new spells). And the idea of her being a Unix hacker as well... Only as long as she uses her abilities responsibly! (*cough*usethemagainstSCO-bouzu*cough*)

Ooooh, very nice! I like how you incorporated some points from Enki's design, though I think I liked her better sans the antennae. In an unprecedented twist on my part, I like her a bit without the glasses as well (though, perhaps that's only because I can't see her beautiful eyes behind them).

And perhaps by "Unix hacker" Enki meant she'd be a Unix programmer, the traditional meaning of "hacker", rather than one who attempts to "crack" Unix systems. If it is in fact the later, I'm sure Slackware-chan will not be hasty in offering her bodyguard services to Unix-tans :P

QuoteAnd Source Mage-tan is Lunar Linux-tan's twin sister and also Sorcerer-tan's clone magically created from the remnants of her original body after it got severely damaged in an accident (although Sorcerer-tan is still well alive, her soul and mind transferred to a new body). She is very advanced [slogan is "Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic] and has great potential that equals or even surpasses that of Sorcerer-tan's, although she still has a lot to learn to reach it- still only being a beta OS.

She is very fond of birds (crows and ravens in particular) and always has at least one pet raven accompanying her. Her way of meeting people is rather eccentric- those who meet her are required to make a social contract, referencing that Source Mage has a social contract.

She is very introverted, compassionate and a strong supporter of freedom (first part of Source Mage contract: ensure that Source Mage stays free, developers only make free software) but is respectful of more proprietary-inclined viewpoints as well (although developers do not make any non-free software, its usage is permitted). That's right- she is one of the few Linux-tans that does not mind the likes of Linspire-tan (and other distros that use a lot of proprietary software and/or are not free)!

I remember reading about her before. But I do think most Linux-tans would be rather accepting of their non-free counterparts (many distros use some non-free software somewhere); only a few real die-hards would hate their proprietary sisters....

QuoteI was going to also post up a rather sappy conjecture regarding Lunar Linux-tan, Source Mage-tan and Sorcerer-tan and what/why their affiliations are (Sorcerer-tan is in the LUC, the other two are currently wanderers) but I'm deciding to save the whole conjecture for next time.

Hmmmm...I look forward to this...

C-Chan

Hold on, I'll be right back.

There's a helluva lot more material to cover than I thought -- may take me days just to cover all the new posts.  ^///^;

Added after 9 hours 2 minutes:

QuoteI know why the Amiga, Apple ][, Lisa, Windows 1.0, Windows 2.0, MITS Altair 8800, Coleco Adam, Atari TOS and PC DOS-tans need help but I am curious about the others too.

GAH!  You mean to say you've yet to fufill your monthly quote of SAP for the month and/or year?!  @___@

By GAWD, you have an almost,... unnatural endurance for pain.  ^^;

*quietly inches away from Aurora*

Well for starters, PilotOS-tan pioneered the first commercial-grade GUI desktop environment, but is rarely recognized for the achievement.  Moreover, her home company abandoned her very early on, leaving her to defend her dwindling territory without money to maintain her fleet of aircraft, or even to feed herself.  Two decades of [varying degrees of] hardship later, and she's down to only one plane (her beloved first), a stagnant collection of pocket change, and only a tiny sliver of faith in the values of decency and kindness.

QuoteWait... BOTH caused their demise? But... But... Atari DOS-chan was the breadwinner of the family! But I do understand how she hastened their demise!

Well now -- AtariDOS-chan was and continues to be remarkably frugal.  She can put quite a magic show with anything lying around (even rocks).

By family, you know I mean Atari as a whole -- I don't envision the companies only as OS-tans, but also as comprising their RL CEOs, the employees, the other products (especially in the case of Atari, they had quite a few "Console Cousins"), etc,... all part of one big [usually dysfunctional] family.  ^.^'

QuoteOh... I didn't know that AtariDOS-chan didn't have anyone, that she was lonely. That stepsister of hers, is a mixed blessing to her but at least she isn't lonely anymore.

Correct.  ^^
In fairness, AtariDOS-chan did have those aforementioned "Console Cousins", but she rarely saw them. (I'm working under the assumption that OS-tans and Console-tans rarely, if ever, mix.)

And when she did, despite their similarities and partial interoperability she was not well liked by them as it seemed that she was interfering too much in their market.  They likely would've have favored TOS-chan more, seeing as how she was more game-centric and [being far more advanced] clearly had a chance [albeit blown] to oust the cheeky "Nintenbrats".  

QuoteThat's sad too. Not just neglecting her company, but also herself in a way

However on the bright side, since she is so fashion-inclined, she would be great friends with Barbie Linux-tan!

Mmmm mmm mmmmmmmmm... finger-lickin' good.  Barbie Linux-sama is JUST what the doctor ordered.  ^____^

*puts on cologne*

But yes, consider TOS-chan as my own tacit social commentary on fashion and appearance obsessions.  Especially as the years pass on and she's left farther and farther behind with trends, she sinks to a bit of an identity crisis as she clearly has no one left to tell her what to do.  '___'

QuoteThanks! Was that close to the preconcept you had in mind?

I'd swear you cracked open my head Hannibal Lecter-style and took a peek.  ^.^;

QuoteOhhh.... I was wondering how that hairstyle was done (and if it was even possible)! The only references I had were the mini and hand-drawn sketch of her ^^;

Aaa sou sou,... I forgot about that crappy old hand sketch.  ^^'
Not really sure how the cornrows can be shaped in that form in real life.  All I can tell you, though is that her three pigtails make up the branching "tips" of the Atari logo, hence two pigtails on the sides, and one straight in the back of her head.  ^__^

QuoteBut the Apple //GS specialized in Graphics and sound (and by association, music) which did result in trouble once again T__T

Oh dear GAWDS,... the 80's were clearly not absent from any annoying lawsuits....  -.-;

QuoteShe enjoyed being around the Apple-tans but was discouraged from and sometimes punished for 'childish behavior' and was often too busy trying to fulfill what her company wanted from her although she ultimately failed, sold poorly and was evicted.

Fufu... Actually, her story does share quite a few similarities with how AMIX-san's pans out.  Indeed, the transition from stoic discipline to fun-loving and affection is not an uncommon outcome for most Unices -- clearly, underlying the DNA of each of UNIX-sama's offspring, is the primordial URGE for freedom and rebellion.  ^^;

QuoteIt is also noted that although she is a Unix-tan, she considers the Apple-tans to be her true family despite not being related (and they are only her stepfamily). But llthough her pro-Apple stance was obvious, she was not considered a traitor to the Unices since she remained unaligned and did not participate in the Unix wars at all. However, by not participating in the Unix wars, she avoided competition in the battlefield but was out-competed by the other Unices in terms of attention, popularity and sales which led to her eviction.

I have so much more love now for my own version of "Miss Piggy".  ^____^

*takes out ring*

Now then, where shall I propose?  Restauarant or trough?  Ohhhh,... so mmany choices.... ^.^

*ponders*

And I do have two possible explanations as to the height difference, an obvious one and an attempted parallel to a technical detail but... I dunno if the latter would be a legitimate parallel or not (but hey, I can still go with the obvious reason of her being a very bizarre and cryptic character, right?)

*blink blink*  '__'

*head explodes*

*starts picking up pieces*  Oh, just say it.  ^^;

QuoteNow once again I'm skipping around to and from other characters... but here are Lunar Linux-tan and Source Mage-tan!

Fufufu!  last time I saw these two, they were two very adorable Minis.  ^///^

Adorability scale is going bonkers, although I have to say that Source Mage-tan seems to steal my heart the most.  Her attire has an enticing uniqueness to it, and her darling cheeks just seem to call out to me in order to squeeze them.  ^.^

Keeeeeeeewt, I say!  Keeeeeeeeeewt!!  ^o^

QuoteAnd the idea of her being a Unix hacker as well... Only as long as she uses her abilities responsibly! (*cough*usethemagainstSCO-bouzu*cough*)

Fufufu... that wouldn't be such a bad idea, especially given SCO-bouzu has just squirmed her way into another extension on payment to Novell -- PLENTY of time to spend off whatever money her company has left.  ^^;

QuoteHere is a close-up of Lunar Linux-tan, showing her atennae which would be hidden under her hat, and with her glasses off to show her eyes and eye color.

In fairness, though, Lunar-chan looks knee-slap adorale without her glasses.  ^0^

Hmmm,... lesse..... ^___^

*squeezes cheeks*

Squeezie squeezie,.......... okay, I approve.  ^.^

*clamps onto to Lunar Linux-tan*

She's all mine.  Mine!  None for you!  ^__^

Oh, she and CTSS-sama would be a match made in heaven.  ^v^

QuoteWow! Very pretty! She may be worried about her fading beauty, but she could have fooled me

One of the running gags (which is also part of my previously-mentioned social commentary) is that AtariTOS-tan is actually a very gorgeous, photogenic young woman, yet is plagued by that everlasting self-esteem issue.  Moreover, despite her appearance not diminishing (and in some ways, improving) over age, many of the modern male characters seem uninterested in her for some odd (almost curse-like) reason.  

I imagine a scenario where the OSX-kuns are off chasing a rather ticked-off OS-9-tan, and are immediately stopped by TOS-chan who, true to her old tricks, smiles seductively and shows off a bit of leg.  But rather than unleashing an unrelenting torrent of OSX-kun perversity, they just decide to ask "Baa-chan" for directions, which understandably ends up pissing her off tremendously.  ^^;

QuoteI always wanted to draw A/UX in formal wear (the type she'd have to grudgingly put on when summoned to a Unix meeting or something) but never could think of a good outfit. You've taken the initiative for me!

I guess that's a good idea to keep around for the next UNIX Christmas/Festivus picture.  ^.^

Speaking of which, I've yet to plan the wedding.  ^____^

*starts making a few hastened phone calls*

QuoteHmmm...maybe she'd more shortsighted than ditzy...

Correct.  ^^
I also didn't want to call her ditzy per se, since a lot of RL people who have this same "mania" are not necessarily stupid or daft.  I imagine it's more of a low-level brainwash, high-level peer pressure, or other such analogy.  -.-

QuoteRLY? This is the first I've heard this.

Oh I'm sure I've said that before in the original Win1.0/Win2.0 thread.  Admittedly, that was EONS ago.... ^___^

However, they're only similar in appearance and in modern well-being (2.0-chan is a bit sickly herself nowadays).  Historically, though, 2.0-chan has always been a hard-working bundle of masonic cuteness, if that even makes sense. ^___^;

QuoteHey, ZX Spectrum-tan always remided me of Hikari!

Sure that's also in her original thread too (again, EONS ago... ^^;).
But whereas Hikari is more of a side character, ZX-chan really goes above and beyond in helping expand the Binteji Renmei, be it through education or through her many organizational projects.  

QuoteOn that note, I thought ORIC-tan might be a bit like Kuu...

That sounds about right for the Tomboyish ORIC-san,  ^.^

QuoteI wonder, though, with the rocket ship and all, if she ever runs into either Plan 9-san or VxWorks-tan in space

Actually,............ that,............ would............. kinda..... be.... surprisingly.... uneventful....... fufufu.....  ^___^;

QuoteYou could perhaps further the point of her favoring the Macs by theorizing she was the one who helped Leopard-chan to become a true, certified Unix (because isn't OS X Leopard the first OS X to be certified by the single Unix specification)? Or you could just say that future Leopard-chan went back in time and pulled some strings to make the Unixes take recognition of herself

Actually, you could look at it a different way.  ^___^
If Leopard-chan can time travel, supposing the UNIX certification was given to her by UNIX-sama herself, apparently as a gift (and yes, maybe with a little push by my beloved A/UX-sama).  But true to UNIX-sama's multi-faceted approaches, it's also a failsafe measure to prevent Leopard-chan from interfering with the UNIX timeline.  Best of all, the incantation (if we can call the certification that) is incredibly subtle -- without realizing it, Leopard-chan is unable to even CONCEIVE the idea of going back to help out [or kill off] MULTICS-sama, and thus prevent the UNIX family from ever existing.

Bella

QuoteGAH! You mean to say you've yet to fufill your monthly quote of SAP for the month and/or year?! @___@

By GAWD, you have an almost,... unnatural endurance for pain. ^^;

*quietly inches away from Aurora*

Well for starters, PilotOS-tan pioneered the first commercial-grade GUI desktop environment, but is rarely recognized for the achievement. Moreover, her home company abandoned her very early on, leaving her to defend her dwindling territory without money to maintain her fleet of aircraft, or even to feed herself. Two decades of [varying degrees of] hardship later, and she's down to only one plane (her beloved first), a stagnant collection of pocket change, and only a tiny sliver of faith in the values of decency and kindness.

SAP AHOY!

Oh man, poor Pilot-tan...

QuoteWell now -- AtariDOS-chan was and continues to be remarkably frugal. She can put quite a magic show with anything lying around (even rocks).

By family, you know I mean Atari as a whole -- I don't envision the companies only as OS-tans, but also as comprising their RL CEOs, the employees, the other products (especially in the case of Atari, they had quite a few "Console Cousins"), etc,... all part of one big [usually dysfunctional] family. ^.^'

I have always seen things the same way, too. I almost wonder what sort of entourage Unix or Linux or VMS-sama may have been (or is) surrounded by :P

QuoteCorrect. ^^
In fairness, AtariDOS-chan did have those aforementioned "Console Cousins", but she rarely saw them. (I'm working under the assumption that OS-tans and Console-tans rarely, if ever, mix.)

And when she did, despite their similarities and partial interoperability she was not well liked by them as it seemed that she was interfering too much in their market. They likely would've have favored TOS-chan more, seeing as how she was more game-centric and [being far more advanced] clearly had a chance [albeit blown] to oust the cheeky "Nintenbrats".

Hmm...I've never thought of the interactions between console and OS-tans. I do suppose the OS-tans would be the more "intellectual" of the two, though some...like Xbox and PS/2/3/whatever can function as computers (to an extent)...

QuoteI'd swear you cracked open my head Hannibal Lecter-style and took a peek. ^.^;

Mmmmmmm, brain stew....O__O

QuoteFufu... Actually, her story does share quite a few similarities with how AMIX-san's pans out. Indeed, the transition from stoic discipline to fun-loving and affection is not an uncommon outcome for most Unices -- clearly, underlying the DNA of each of UNIX-sama's offspring, is the primordial URGE for freedom and rebellion. ^^;

OMG, you're right...look at the list. The BSDs, Plan 9-san, Amix-san, Solaris-tan, A/UX-tan, Xenix-sama...

I guess ones like SCO-chan are more the exception than the rule.

QuoteI have so much more love now for my own version of "Miss Piggy". ^____^

*takes out ring*

Now then, where shall I propose? Restauarant or trough? Ohhhh,... so mmany choices.... ^.^

*ponders*

Wait, didn't you just propose to Aurora for her work with the Freespire-chan comic...you two-timin' piggy!

QuoteOh, she and CTSS-sama would be a match made in heaven. ^v^

Well, CTSS-sama is her great, great, great grandmother in concept ;)

QuoteOne of the running gags (which is also part of my previously-mentioned social commentary) is that AtariTOS-tan is actually a very gorgeous, photogenic young woman, yet is plagued by that everlasting self-esteem issue. Moreover, despite her appearance not diminishing (and in some ways, improving) over age, many of the modern male characters seem uninterested in her for some odd (almost curse-like) reason.

I imagine a scenario where the OSX-kuns are off chasing a rather ticked-off OS-9-tan, and are immediately stopped by TOS-chan who, true to her old tricks, smiles seductively and shows off a bit of leg. But rather than unleashing an unrelenting torrent of OSX-kun perversity, they just decide to ask "Baa-chan" for directions, which understandably ends up pissing her off tremendously. ^^;

HAHA! I thought this was going somewhere else but....nope XD

QuoteI guess that's a good idea to keep around for the next UNIX Christmas/Festivus picture. ^.^

I'm already thinking ahead. Shall I go with DEC the Halls (pun pun), or have a very CIOST Christmas? :P

QuoteOh I'm sure I've said that before in the original Win1.0/Win2.0 thread. Admittedly, that was EONS ago.... ^___^

However, they're only similar in appearance and in modern well-being (2.0-chan is a bit sickly herself nowadays). Historically, though, 2.0-chan has always been a hard-working bundle of masonic cuteness, if that even makes sense. ^___^;

Sure that's also in her original thread too (again, EONS ago... ^^.
But whereas Hikari is more of a side character, ZX-chan really goes above and beyond in helping expand the Binteji Renmei, be it through education or through her many organizational projects.

Ah, I remember seeing the original threads...

QuoteActually,............ that,............ would............. kinda..... be.... surprisingly.... uneventful....... fufufu..... ^___^;

Was that [sarcasm\] by any chance...?

QuoteActually, you could look at it a different way. ^___^
If Leopard-chan can time travel, supposing the UNIX certification was given to her by UNIX-sama herself, apparently as a gift (and yes, maybe with a little push by my beloved A/UX-sama). But true to UNIX-sama's multi-faceted approaches, it's also a failsafe measure to prevent Leopard-chan from interfering with the UNIX timeline. Best of all, the incantation (if we can call the certification that) is incredibly subtle -- without realizing it, Leopard-chan is unable to even CONCEIVE the idea of going back to help out [or kill off] MULTICS-sama, and thus prevent the UNIX family from ever existing.

Bwahaha! But wait, Leopard-san is a Unix. Therefore, if she killed off Multics-sama, this would deny her own existence. You gotta also think...with her ability to traverse time, she must have found out some of these secrets...

Though, I very much doubt that Leopard-san could just go to any random point...in order to safely time travel, she must have some idea of where she's going...(which probably wouldn't include dropping in on Multics-sama or anything).

Gussy Keniji

QuoteMmmmmmm, brain stew....O__O

I'm sorry that was just too tempting to resist...jeez I'm shameless...moving on...

I must say you sure have been busy so many delicious Mac/Linux tans up in here, I personally enjoy Source Mage-tan (despite me being a Man of Science), and such a nice story to go with it too (Time travel is always awesome, you can alter universe like that and make Coo-razy things happen in the present and future).

Ah, and I see we have some new viruses as well, I can only imagine the amount of sitcom-ish hijinks Anti and WDEF can get into together (most of which will probably be caused by WDEF), more so with Acme-chan. 4k-tan is awesome as well (Ironic really, for I too was going to draw a 4k-tan but I never really got up to it) for the fact that she's a ninja who's into LoTR, you don't see that everyday ^^

I look forward to what else you bring forth dood-ette

"Wut..."

Aurora Borealis

^Thanks! Aw yeah, ANTI-tan and WDEF-tan get into so much crazy hijinks together, especially because they are a mostly mismatched duo! And you are right, it is WDEF-tan causing most of the hijinks!

WDEF-tan and Acme-tan are also sometimes seen together, usually lamenting in their own failures!

(but (c)Brain-tan really needs to chill out!)

QuoteHaha...this'll be awesome :D
But I'll need some inspiration and ideas from others for it to work. Or at the very least I could draw OS/2-tan and 4K-tan posing in Starfleet uniforms (althouh OS/2-tan wears one anyways).

QuoteAt least collaged together

*goes off to look for suitable pics*
Whether it be drawn or collaged, "Raiders of the lost source" is a fantastic idea!

QuoteOh, for sure. Think about all the people Unix-sama just ignores and doesn't even waste her energy on reprimanding. Slackware-chan would see this as an honor...a brush with greatness, you could say :P
She has got to be the craziest fangirl-type character around! (and there are some mighty crazy fangirl-type characters out there! *cough4K-tancough*)

QuoteOh wow! I love GS/OS with long hair, and I love her apple-shaped guitar.
She was a rock star!

However in the present day, she is often assisting Apple ][-tan with her chores. But aside from being a musician (and even a former rock star), GS/OS-tan is also a great artist! (although good at painting and drawing, her specialties are actually animation and sculptures. And by making sculptures- she carves them using huge blades, saws or chainsaws. And sometimes even flaming blades! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that GS/OS-tan is "Rambo"-inspired!) :D

QuoteI always wanted to draw A/UX in formal wear (the type she'd have to grudgingly put on when summoned to a Unix meeting or something) but never could think of a good outfit. You've taken the initiative for me!
Really? But then again, didn't you first imagine A/UX-tan as the highly professional type? And she could still wear that outfit in the present day because she was only a couple inches shorter back then.

QuoteAngry, pouting 4.2-tan is still adorable...and showgirl Antares-tan?! WTF?! A killer cyborg showgirl?! Now I've seen everything!
BWAHAHAHA! It was probably THAT which made System 6-tan much more popular than 4.2-tan! (but then again, 4.2-tan was very shy anyways, not seen much by users, therefore not really being able to live up to her potential) Either that or because System 6-tan proved to be remarkably fast, stable, loyal and dependable (despite also being rather scatterbrained)! Ehhh... Whichever the people would have noticed first! :D

But seriously, although she has always been the tough-girl type (especially during and after the OS-wars), she does not show her killer attitude unless she is fighting against a virus-tan or someone who has put one of her family members in danger.

But the exception was that she did not intervene at all in the fight between System 7-tan and Windows 95-tan despite System 7-tan's life just about being endangered.   (let's just say that no one could interfere with the battle...)

QuoteBut System 4-chan takes the cake as the cutest in this picture, for sure!
She also takes the ice cream too! ;012

QuoteHmmm...maybe she'd more shortsighted than ditzy...
Yeah, that sounds right.

QuoteAnd did the Apple record company go after Apple Computer for their iTunes business? Which, c'mon, is obviously more founded than them going after GS...
Yes they did, but it was resolved once and for all somehow. However, Apple still has to put up with lots of even more annoying lawsuits these days. (i.e: Apple was sued because their displays supporting 'millions' of colors was inaccurate. I mean, who would normally notice the difference anyways?)

QuoteGlad you asked! She actually wasn't always like that- before System 6-tan came along, 4.2-tan was a very shy and mild-mannered girl but turned ill-tempered and hated her younger sister until a certain event that causes 4.2-tan to change her mind, and the two become the closest of friends, which they still are today.

Now I'm curious....O__O

Aw man... If I tell you, I'll end up spoiling part of the third OS-tan Flashback Chronicles story! Okay, if you really want to know: There will be a scene in the story during the fight between System 6-tan and ANTI-tan, and System 6-tan vows not to allow anyone else in the family to get hurt (even 4.2-tan, who was not very nice to her!), and that was the main reason why she decided to fight ANTI-tan. 4.2-tan was so moved by that, she then apologizes and that's that!

QuoteLunar Linux-tan has been updated, my best attempt at trying to incorporate elements from Enki-2's rendition (it's in the Linux gallery, posted up very recently)

Ooooh, very nice! I like how you incorporated some points from Enki's design, though I think I liked her better sans the antennae. In an unprecedented twist on my part, I like her a bit without the glasses as well (though, perhaps that's only because I can't see her beautiful eyes behind them).
That really is an unprecedented twist on your part! 0__0

QuoteAnd perhaps by "Unix hacker" Enki meant she'd be a Unix programmer, the traditional meaning of "hacker", rather than one who attempts to "crack" Unix systems. If it is in fact the later, I'm sure Slackware-chan will not be hasty in offering her bodyguard services to Unix-tans :P
Oh.. I forgot that that 'hackers' back in the day were programmers! I think that would work better for Lunar Linux-tan because I can't imagine her being malicious at all. Although of course, she could use those powers for less malicious purposes!

QuoteI remember reading about her before. But I do think most Linux-tans would be rather accepting of their non-free counterparts (many distros use some non-free software somewhere); only a few real die-hards would hate their proprietary sisters....
Really? I thought that the more proprietary distro-tans as well as the Windows wannabes were more or less outcasts.

QuoteHmmmm...I look forward to this...

Okay, here it is!

As for affiliation, Lunar Linux-tan and Source Mage-tan are currently wanderers and Sorcerer-tan (their disgruntled mother) is in the LUC. And while Lunar Linux-tan and Source Mage-tan could be formidable new additions to the LUC with their abilities, it is likely a lot of the Unices would constantly pick fights with Lunar Linux-tan because of her potential hacking abilities (at least she knows who to NEVER EVER EVER try them against...) and Source Mage-tan just seems too nice to fit in with the others there (and may clash with the less tolerant, who would think she is insane). Not to mention I just can't picture her with the LUC! I just can't!

But although Sorcerer-tan is disgruntled about being a mother, she just dislikes the circumstances of her daughters' existences, not her daughters themselves. She doesn't want them to join the LUC because she is aware of the mentioned risks if they joined and doesn't want them to put up with what she has to on a regular basis. So, she actually does care for them a lot (although at a distance). Yet, Source Mage-tan and Lunar Linux-tan joining the LUC and learning to work with Sorcerer-tan may be their only shot at being a happy family for the first time.

QuoteGAH!  You mean to say you've yet to fufill your monthly quote of SAP for the month and/or year?!  @___@

By GAWD, you have an almost,... unnatural endurance for pain.  ^^;
Nah, I'm just highly curious!

QuoteWell for starters, PilotOS-tan pioneered the first commercial-grade GUI desktop environment, but is rarely recognized for the achievement.
That's awful! She is one of the most influential OS-tans ever and barely gets any credit for it!

QuoteMoreover, her home company abandoned her very early on, leaving her to defend her dwindling territory without money to maintain her fleet of aircraft, or even to feed herself.
Those corporate jerkwads! Why would they abandon her and leave her pennyless?! I feel really sad for her now.

QuoteTwo decades of [varying degrees of] hardship later, and she's down to only one plane (her beloved first), a stagnant collection of pocket change, and only a tiny sliver of faith in the values of decency and kindness.
*sniffle* Now I know why she is foul-mouthing person (with no faith in humanity) that she is today! Have there ever been any good points in her life? :(

QuoteBy family, you know I mean Atari as a whole -- I don't envision the companies only as OS-tans, but also as comprising their RL CEOs, the employees, the other products
I see. If it were just the OS-tans, some OS-tans would not have any family at all and would have to have been brought up entirely on their own! (i.e: Palm OS-tan? She doesn't have any OS-tan relatives, does she?)

Quote(especially in the case of Atari, they had quite a few "Console Cousins"), etc,... all part of one big [usually dysfunctional] family.  ^.^'
Oh! I know of some of the Atari game consoles, including their most famous/infamous: the Atari 2600! Sold greatly but also had some of the worst videogames ever including:

"Custer's Revenge": A really bad adult game for the 2600, is regarded as one of the most shameful games ever.

"Pac Man" for the 2600: Supposed to bring the joy of the arcade game to the home masses, but was very badly done with terrible sound effects and graphics as well as other things that took the joy out of the game.

"E.T": Great movie, terrible and incredibly frustrating game! In fact, this one is regarded by many to be the worst videogame ever!

The "Pac Man" and "E.T" games sold so poorly that the unsold copies had to be dumped in a landfill in a desert, and also a major cause of the videogame crash of 1983-1984 and also led to Atari's demise!

QuoteCorrect.  ^^
QuoteHmm...I've never thought of the interactions between console and OS-tans. I do suppose the OS-tans would be the more "intellectual" of the two, though some...like Xbox and PS/2/3/whatever can function as computers (to an extent)...
I agree. Alas, that is all I can input on this.

QuoteMmmm mmm mmmmmmmmm... finger-lickin' good.  Barbie Linux-sama is JUST what the doctor ordered.  ^____^
Perfect!

QuoteBut yes, consider TOS-chan as my own tacit social commentary on fashion and appearance obsessions.  Especially as the years pass on and she's left farther and farther behind with trends, she sinks to a bit of an identity crisis as she clearly has no one left to tell her what to do.  '___'
Luckily, Barbie Linux-tan is there to help! (although only sometimes, as she is a wanderer usually on the move)

QuoteI'd swear you cracked open my head Hannibal Lecter-style and took a peek.  ^.^;
Wow. it was THAT close!

QuoteAaa sou sou,... I forgot about that crappy old hand sketch.  ^^'
Not really sure how the cornrows can be shaped in that form in real life.  All I can tell you, though is that her three pigtails make up the branching "tips" of the Atari logo, hence two pigtails on the sides, and one straight in the back of her head.  ^__^
So that's how it's done!

QuoteFufu... Actually, her story does share quite a few similarities with how AMIX-san's pans out.  Indeed, the transition from stoic discipline to fun-loving and affection is not an uncommon outcome for most Unices -- clearly, underlying the DNA of each of UNIX-sama's offspring, is the primordial URGE for freedom and rebellion.  ^^;
I did notice that similarity a little bit (although A/UX-tan always wanted to be fun-loving but couldn't be in her early years)

QuoteI have so much more love now for my own version of "Miss Piggy".  ^____^

*takes out ring*

Now then, where shall I propose?  Restauarant or trough?  Ohhhh,... so mmany choices.... ^.^

*ponders*

QuoteWait, didn't you just propose to Aurora for her work with the Freespire-chan comic...you two-timin' piggy!
Three-timin', actually!
---

*pant* Ha... This looks like a good place to stop, right after calling C-Chan a multiple-timin' piggy! ;012

But really, I think this is about halfway through this long response. I'll continue with it next time.

I also stopped part-way through because I have a chibi triple-feature for you all! :D

Atari TOS-tan! Microphone in one hand, mirror in the other! An idol singer in extreme denial about being old. She is GEM-tan's twin sister and they have the same hair color and similar eye color but that is where their similarities end though.

Trying to draw her hair was the hardest part. I was trying my hardest to give her that resemblance to Ranpha from "Galaxy Angel" and I do not know if I really succeeded. Hey, I can't say I didn't try!

WDEF-tan!

Yeah.. She does annoy just about everyone. Her potential of being destructive is low but possible...

And in her rivalry against Macintosh System 6-tan, it is actually WDEF-tan that is getting tormented 99% of the time! (told ya their rivalry is very one-sided!)

WDEF-tan is not only friends with ANTI-tan and Acme-tan, but also greatly admires and likes A-Bomb-kun for his extreme obnoxious megalomania but he doesn't like her at all in return!

And here's Sorcerer Linux-tan!

The sorceress with a very bizarre backstory! (to recap: She has two daughters but one of them is actually her reanimated clone magically created from the remnants of her original body. Sorcerer-tan's mind and soul got transferred to a new body)

Siya

C-Chan

*ties rope over belly, pours crazy glue over self, then jumps and clings on AtariTOS-tan's leg*

Over my dead body!  She be mine!  All mine! ^____^

*looks up amorously, but then proceeds to blush a burning red color*

Yikes!  Should've chosen a more worf-safe vantage point.  @@;

But anyway, you did a wonderful job here too, Aurora-hime.  ^^
TOS-chan looks beautiful, and the other two girls are very nice as well.  I'll say more when I get a chance,... for now, I'm flagging this thread for future C-chanification.  ^.^

And that's it for this visitation.  Thank you all for your hard work, and hope to come back soon. ^__^

*wants to trot off, but realizes he's still stuck to AtariTOS-tan*

Whoops...  ^^;

Siya

I guess I should expand and praise a bit more, since I can't very well sneak AtariTOS-tan away with C-Chan glued to her person.... ^^;

AtariTOS-tan looks very elegant, in the idol singer fashion.  Specific points I like are her knee-highs, jacket and surprised expression.

WDEF-tan reminds me of Kimmy Gibbler (Full House - D.J.'s friend).   Perfect color scheme for her character, too.

I really like Sorcerer Linux-tan's outfit.  The instances of bright, ectoplasmic green seem to be rather well-placed.