What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NekOSaka

I have the Excel Saga box set... Now I must watch Puni Puni Poemi.

Dos

I have that  Puni Puni Poemi too
-dos
"...and these children that you spit on,
as they try to change their worlds are
immune to your consultations.  They\'re
quite aware of what they\'re going through...
                                       - David Bowie"
Well it nice to meet now i have to go now
speak softly but carry a big stick

today is a summer service day, today is a summer service day, lets all go together to the blue blue sea, beach volleyball smashing watermelons it\'ll be so much fun we\'ll never leave. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh" *head bobbles like an idiot*
believe in me, who believes in you

NekOSaka

Doesn't that crush peoples minds...?

Siya

Watching Hatenkou Yuugi.  So help me, if this gets licensed in the US, I'm buying it!

Darknight_88

Watching only Gundam 00.
Awesome Overflags are awesome...

Evaluating Spice and Wolf.

Siya

Spice and Wolf looks interesting.  Tell me what you think!

NejinOniwa

Spice and Wolf = Instant Awesomeness, with a slight hint of pepper (lawl). Also, even though Horo now officially holds the record of NAKED TIME! on air outside H-anime, things are just fuckawesome anyway. Torrents are at your disposal, sir, use them.

Quote from: "Soylent Green"We have/are watching Excel Saga / Puni Puni Poemi

You're going to die in a fire. When your own brains explode.

QuoteWatching Hatenkou Yuugi. So help me, if this gets licensed in the US, I'm buying it!
Haven't been able to really like that one - it looked promising, but it feels a bit too shallow. Any tips?

QuoteWatching only Gundam 00.
Awesome Overflags are awesome...

Evaluating Spice and Wolf.
I found Gundam 00 too fscked to bother with - also it seems to overpower things WAY too much from the very beginning. Am I wrong or do I just have to cope with it/ignore?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Mr. Penguin

Currently I'm watching a classic, Ranma 1/2, interspersed with Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann, when I can actually get episodes that'll play normally on my system. Something about the giant aspect ratio makes my computer crawl.

Probably doesn't help that XP-tan is eating up all of my memory. ._.
[/size]
Signature in progress, please hold.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"
I found Gundam 00 too fscked to bother with - also it seems to overpower things WAY too much from the very beginning. Am I wrong or do I just have to cope with it/ignore?

It starts weak, but it seems to be improving with each episode. And this time, Gundams have a reason to be overpowered: magic-like energy generator developed in Jupiter.  Which provides unlimited operation times, more strength, speed and some degree of armor. But this time the "grunt" units actually have a chance against them, provided they have a plan and good pilots.

Just cope with the initial fail. The FCK YEAH GRAHAM! moments are worth it.

QuoteSpice and Wolf looks interesting. Tell me what you think!
I have only watched up to ep 4, but it seems interesting.
LOL ECONOMY ANIMU

Siya

QuoteHaven't been able to really like that one - it looked promising, but it feels a bit too shallow. Any tips?
I guess I'm just really fond of the banter between the main characters and their attitudes toward others.  It's kinda like chatroom banter between some of my RP friends.

SleepyD

Gundam 00 is getting VERY interesting right about now. :3

I think I like this situation of giving them a feeling of superiority at first.

instead of the super-amazing-invincible-gundam-with-pretty-lasers-and-explosions deus ex machina thing going on in SEED.

Darknight_88

The aimbots! don't forget the aimbots!

NejinOniwa

And don't forget DESTINY's trademark - "Whatever there was one of in SEED, there's TWO of in DESTINY"!!!

NejinOniwa

Finding a new gem.

Ghost Hound.
It's made by I.G. productions, and Shirow Masamune is deeply involved with the project.
Two words to sum it up...
Brilliant Mindf*ck.

Ghost Hound is about Taro, a boy who was kidnapped together with his sister when he was 3 years old. His sister, who was 8, died during the kidnapping, but he survived. Now, 11 years later, we follow Taro as the symptoms of his PTSD increase, decrease and change...into something entirely else.

It's a brilliant Psychological/Horror/Sci-fi series, and wonderfully animated - but the most appealing thing would be the sound.
I was literally hopping in my chair by the end of the third episode. For full effect I recommend you watch it in an unlit room, past midnight, and with headphones. This thing's going to creep you out - in a really good way.

Highly Recommended.

Siya

Ghost Hound, eh?  I should give it another go.  I wasn't so fond of the first episode.