What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeekyKitty

watching Hellsing ultimate, Haruhi, and When they cry right now...

Nidas

Claymore - 23
Da Capo - 7
Dokuro-chan 2 - 2
Eureka 7 - 5
Fairy Musketeer Akazukin - 2
Hidamari Sketch - 11 (still waiting on Shintani's subs. Nidas haet crappy anon's mkv subs)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - 9 (nowhere near as good as the first season imo but still good in it's own right)
Kamichama Karin - 4
Lucky Star - 20
Manabi Straight - 12 (STILL haven't seen the last ep)
Nagasarete Airantou - 14 (in serious danger of being dropped)
Nanatsuiro Drops - 2
Seirei no Moribito - 20
Seto no Hanayome - 17

NOTE: the ep numbers are the eps I'm waiting on or about to watch, not the eps which I've just seen. Yeah I'm weird like that :p

What with Akazukin, Kamichama Karin and Nanatsuiro Drops it looks like I'm going through a bit of a magical girl phase again :3

Claymore and Seto no Hanayome are probably my fav current series, though Lucky Star has certainly got far better since it's decidedly mediocre start

Seraphim

awwww no fair... still waiting on the update for Lucky Star 20... =_=; but yeah watching Lucky Star atm... and trying to find the one anime where they make the most references from (I think it's Haruhi Suzumiya... could be wrong XD)

NejinOniwa

It is, of course. Also much mentioned are the Full Metal Panic series, as well as a league of others, but if you want to know more there should be much info on ANN's trivia page for the series.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Exa

Currently watching:
School Days (9 episodes watched): I wonder how it will end... not an average love-romance anime.
Sky Girls (6 episodes watched): Not bad, but it can be better...
Moetan (4 episodes watched): Not a world-changing one , but good for fun ^^

Gummster

Watched One Piece up to episode 289, I must now wait untill the rest is uploaded.
I also watched Code Geass and I'm still like wow,
and also watched Kyou Kara Maou first 13 eps.

SleepyD

Quote from: "Nidas"Claymore - 23
Da Capo - 7
Dokuro-chan 2 - 2
Eureka 7 - 5
Hidamari Sketch - 11 (still waiting on Shintani's subs. Nidas haet crappy anon's mkv subs)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - 9 (nowhere near as good as the first season imo but still good in it's own right)
Kamichama Karin - 4
Lucky Star - 20
Nanatsuiro Drops - 2
Seirei no Moribito - 20
Seto no Hanayome - 17

NOTE: the ep numbers are the eps I'm waiting on or about to watch, not the eps which I've just seen. Yeah I'm weird like that :p

What with Akazukin, Kamichama Karin and Nanatsuiro Drops it looks like I'm going through a bit of a magical girl phase again :3

Claymore and Seto no Hanayome are probably my fav current series, though Lucky Star has certainly got far better since it's decidedly mediocre start

my goodness, you watch a lot.  It's only when I got a myanimelist account that I was able to keep track of so many, since I often download quite a few episodes ahead.
ey, what's Seto no Hanayome about?  
lol, Dokuro-chan 2? Whoo!! Random magical violence!! XD;  
Ah, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is pretty amusing as well. ^^

Darknight_88

Quote from: "Nidas"Claymore - 23
Da Capo - 7
Dokuro-chan 2 - 2
Eureka 7 - 5
Kamichama Karin - 4
Lucky Star - 20
Nanatsuiro Drops - 2
Seirei no Moribito - 20
Seto no Hanayome - 17

whoa, that's a lot of anime...If only my internet connection, time and HDD were decent...

Quote from: "Exa"
Moetan (4 episodes watched): Not a world-changing one , but good for fun ^^
Educational anime, right? :D

uni blocks P2P (living in campus) and the Internet its dial-up slow during the day. But I managed to find alternate sources for animu, so I can still watch a decent ammount :D

Currently watching:
- Heroic Age (22)
- Gurren Lagann (23)
- School Days (10)
- Sky Girls (7)
- Lucky Star (17?)
- Higurashi S2 (9)
- Zero No Tsukaima S2 (9)

Higurashi no naku koro ni Kai..I agree with Nidas, not as good as first season but still good in its own way. Also, Naraku no Hana kicks ass.
Heroic Age, entertaining and EPIC battles (though, in the last episodes they have been reusing more animation).
Sky girls...kinda good, but could be better. Lucky star, good but haven't been able to watch the latest eps. Zero no Tsukaima is amusing, nothing too epic.

So far, Gurren Lagann is great, although I don't like the FABULOUS uniforms at the end of ep 23...
And School Days has become my favorite anime this season. It doesn't follow the classic harem animu formula, and makes you feel empathy/hate for the characters.

KOTONOHA T___T

P.S: Dropped Nanoha Strikers long time ago, but I plan to start watching it again. Romeo X Juliet Dropped until I can get it from a friend

NejinOniwa

Arawu. As for me, I'mwu currently watching Zero no Tsukaima (1:st season, but since it's good I'll prolly watch the second one too), Hayate no Gotoku and passively, Gurren Lagann. Stupid crap formats that always screws up.

Exa

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
Educational anime, right? :D

Who cares about education? It's fun! :D

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
And School Days has become my favorite anime this season. It doesn't follow the classic harem animu formula, and makes you feel empathy/hate for the characters.

KOTONOHA T___T

I can understand your feelings... especially the Kotonoha part...

Thurosis

watching right now

Nanoha Strikers ( Nanoha A's and 1st season again :D)
Romeo x Juliet

i dropped Raimuiro Shenkitan because the characters was too annoying...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Nidas

Quote from: "SleepyD"my goodness, you watch a lot.  It's only when I got a myanimelist account that I was able to keep track of so many, since I often download quite a few episodes ahead.

I just use notepad personally.

Quote from: "SleepyD"ey, what's Seto no Hanayome about?

hmm yazuka mermaids basically :p It's very lulzy xD Plot summary here.

Quote from: "SleepyD"elol, Dokuro-chan 2? Whoo!! Random magical violence!! XD;

First season was much better sadly =/ It is still good, just not S1 level of win.

Also started Moe-tan recently, I love it :D Quite possibly top 10 if it keeps the quality going. Probably helps if you're a big fan of magical girl like me though lol

NewYinzer

Sorry for the delay. I had to go back to school, so I haven't been around. I just watched the last episode of Code Geass, and I now realize what will happen in the next few episodes in S2:

- Lelouch fires the shot at Suzaku. However, Suzaku does not die, owing to Lelouch's use of the Geass (IE: "Live"). That also prevents Suzaku from firing the shot, knowing that firing will kill them both. Laying on the ground, somewhat dazed but not dead, Kallen sides with him.

- Lelouch leaves to find Nunnaly, V.V. tells him about how stupid his idea of living is, and Lelouch realizes that he in many ways was wrong. A magic fight ensues between C.C. (who is a witch, and cannot die), in which C.C. lives and V.V. dies. Nunnaly agrees with what V.V. said, bringing Lelouch into a sort of Shinji-esque state. Realizing the error of his ways, Lelouch is determined to fix the mess he's created. C.C., Lelouch, and Nunnaly attempt to escape back to Ashford.

- Meanwhile, Kallen and Suzaku have returned to the revolution to find it defeated, and are taken by Britannian forces. However, the Britannian Empire cannot survive for long having killed 100,000 people in a mass genocide, defeat the revolution to avenge it, and hope to save face. QED, they create the Republic of Nippon, a puppet state ruled by Suzaku and Kallen meant to fight Zero and appease the Japanese people. Trust me, Japan will not exit the story this easily.

- Lelouch, betrayed by his friends, his revolution, and everyone he ever knew, runs away with C.C. and Nunnaly from Ashford to another place (see footnote 1). Using the lessons he learned, he comes to grip with his emotions, realizing that by using his strategic skills with a less destructive motivation, he can begin again. Therefore, he has become more like Suzaku, less negative, but still an evil genius.

- Our friend Suzaku, with incredible hatred in his heart over the death of Nunnaly and for Lelouch betraying him, declares that he will destroy Lelouch once and for all. Kallen, who remains his second in command and lover (can you say, tsundere couple? See footnote 2), is loyal to him because she wants revenge on Lelouch for giving up on the revolution. He becomes more like Lelouch, filled with a great hatred in his heart, and is willing to destroy whatever necessary to see the task completed.

- Meanwhile, the story takes another break, with Lelouch mustering his forces elsewhere to fight Britannia. This time, he takes over large regions in a small coup d'etat, bringing people under his control by merit of his rhetoric and strategic skills rather than a huge bloody revolution. We see developments on the Britannian side, with Schneizel and Suzaku becoming peers and allies in this new global hunt for Zero.

- Finally, Suzaku finds Lelouch, and the war starts. We get some great mecha action, with Lelouch facing off against Schneizel (the only person who beat him in chess), Kallen, and Suzaku. After this point, the director will take whatever course suits him. I guess a few new characters are introduced, probably in the form of Lelouch's lackeys, since about every other character is either on the side of the Republic of Nippon or Britannia.

Footnote 1: I speculate that Lelouch has three options for countries to rule that afford him enough resources:
- America (with the largest GDP in the world, I think that it can foot his bills)
- Russia (no country has ever successfully invaded Russia. With vast mineral wealth, no one could stand a chance)
- Chinese Federation (already at war with Britannia, 1.3 Billion people could easily defeat whatever the empire throws at them)

Footnote 2: I found this to be interesting. When I looked at my favorite series, tsundere couples seemed to spring up in every series (Evangelion, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic, Haruhi Suzumiya) except for Code Geass. Then I realized - Kallen hated Suzaku with a passion and tried to kill him, right? Now that she thinks Lelouch betrayed her, she'll side with Suzaku, and they do seem to make a nice couple. I usually stray from these sort of assumptions, but it makes sense.

Let's keep this post to see how wrong I am, right?

CaptBrenden

humm, predictions or no, maybe some spoiler alert is required for that as it does reference to things that people, such as I, who have not seen any off it may need not know if they ever intend to watch it.

hint hint hint T_T
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa