What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zjhentohlauedy

I'm gonna be finishing Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori! then rewatch rozen afterwards!! Oh joy!!
My my, aren't you lovely~

Xeon

Watching Moetan, Im a learnin engrish mummy ^__^.

Them be the Velvets. They are made of Velvets and Megidolaon.

SleepyD

Quote from: "Acher13"
btw have anyone watched 'The Portrait of Cossette' / 'Le Portrait de Petit Cossette'?
I have, and I enjoyed it.
Confused the heck out of me at first. But, I liked it. ^^
And Kajiura music always rocks. :3

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"

... speaking of epic stories.. just finished fate stay night...

Im going to be depressed for a while now -_- I dislike sad endings, but on the other hand, I so do love them.  That will stay with me for some time.
aha.... :3 I dislike/love em too. ^^ Thing about sad endings is that they can be so powerful.

Fate/stay night rocks. I played through the visual novel and it amazed me how text and still pictures gave me the same sad feeling at the end.  Heck, I think it was more powerful... that mushroom can write, and mirror-moon can translate. ^^

Now... I must wonder how the other 2 endings went.

zjhentohlauedy

you gots fate/stay night? with english patch!

me wants me wants! onegai!

and speaking of Me WAnts

Me WANTS Louise!!

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4350/061uz4.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9708/01iu5.jpg

CaptBrenden

if i could remember my image shack loggin, id show you that I already have louise *nod*

And yah, I really am a sucker for those kinds of shows.. evangelion, gunslinger, fate stay night, full metal.. the more depressing, the more they hook me, yet each of them are wonderful in their own way too. >_<
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NewYinzer

Wow...it feels as though I've been away forever. People have been posting...a lot. But I've been spending my few weeks of summer losing my virginity...

*pauses for dramatic effect*

...to Evangelion. Yes, the Yinzer bit the bullet and started watching the classic series. Now then, I'm trying to watch carefully and collect the subtle nuances (mothers, running away, lunch). I haven't started episode 20 yet, so no one give any plot points or spoilers away!

CaptBrenden

just wait till the movies *nod* those will really fry the space between your ears.

zjhentohlauedy

I have just seen clips of the series and the movie and my brains are already fried. I haven't really watched the show yet, I don't know why...

NewYinzer

Quotejust wait till the movies *nod* those will really fry the space between your ears.

Just finished the original 26 eps, the director's cut eps 21-24, and End of Evangelion. I wouldn't say they fried my brain - they actually expanded my ability to think about life, the universe, and everything. I think I got more out of watching the series than I did from a year of Shakespeare and Beowulf! Surprisingly, I got more insight from the original eps 25 and 26 than EoE, but EoE was better. BTW, I haven't seen Evangelion: Death and Rebirth yet. From what I can deduce, most of it is a combination of what was in the director's cut, original series, and EoE. Unless I can find it, I'm not gonna rush to see it, being that I've seen the series and legendary movie.

*starts waiting for Rebuild of Evangelion in October*

Gummster

Quote from: "Wikipedia"On February 17, 2007 Anno released a statement [2] in a form of a movie poster that was shown in 50 cinemas in Japan, providing an explanation for his motivations in pursuing a new take on the franchise and stating a release date for the first film in Japanese theaters September 1, 2007.

It's something I've been waiting for since that statement was released.
I'm also waiting for the live action, although it's definitely going to suck.

CaptBrenden

last i heard the live action was on permenent hold due to the mobs of wapenese that cried bloody murder that a western company would be doing it.

Added after 30 seconds:

oh, and Im watching Lunar legend Tsukihime... yay arc!~

NewYinzer

Mobs of wapanese? More like clumps. Personally, I hope it never sees the light of day. Not because of a western company doing it, but because NGE achieved its 'legend' status because of animation. If you could do it well in live action, I don't think anyone could really accomplish such a task financially. You could either do it cheap with ADV Films and have no one like it, or you could make a blockbuster for 300 million and risk the possibly of it not being a financial failure. Or you could save money by having Robin Williams play Gendoh. That might work.

CaptBrenden

.... well many would have said the same about the lord of the rings... but personaly, dispite the not being entirly accurate it was pretty damn good.

NewYinzer

Good point. Oh, and by the way:

CODE GEASS EP 24!

Hopefully the link works still!

CaptBrenden

maybe one of these days ill watch that show