What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

Manabi Straight? I haven't even fully downloaded Lucky Star yet!

QuoteBwahahahahahahahahaha~
I have finished Gode Ceass! I Bwahahahahahahahaha! at you!

You have a time machine? Could you go ahead to 2009 and get me the English dubs of Rozen Maiden and Code Geass and tell me who won the election?

CaptBrenden

im am a psyker remember, I can look into the future and tell you

Rozen maiden.

No exeptions.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

HA! Yes, Rozen won the election...

...to VICE president.
The jouoh-sama is already, too obviously, Haruhi-sama's position and hers only. With the other Hirano charas as special ninja troops. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

T_T good think im the only one here that is a psyker and can see this future

and can take steps to change the outcome if its not what i desier.

Nidas

Aria - 3
Claymore - 7
Code Geass - 24
FLCL - 2
.hack//Roots - 2
Hidamari Sketch - 7
Lucky Star - 6
Manabi Straight - 11
Nagasarete Airantou - 6
Seirei no Moribito - 6

Finished GTO recently. Despite a rather crappy ending, it has one of the best dubs around (though it does take a couple of eps for the cast to find their feet). In contrast, the Jap audio is fairly mediocre for a series that was so popular 0_o One of the longest series I've ever watched, weighing in at 43 eps. Would recommend :D

Poor Manabi Straight. Everything started so well! With a bit of trimming it could have been so much better, the last few eps have really hurt the series with little real headway in plot made =/ It could easily have been a great, say, 9-10 ep series, but no, they have to push the whole "friends forever!" angle with all the subtlety of a brick. Rapidly sliding into mediocrity, which is sad cos I really enjoyed the series for the first 2/3s or so.

Lucky Star continues to be overrated, but enjoyable, slice-of-life comedy. Nothing much else to add really. Just more of the same. It is showing a danger of repetitiveness imo, hopefully they do something to avoid that otherwise I can see it getting tiresome.

Claymore has recently turned from moderately interesting to potentially EPIC win :p The last couple of eps have really raised it in my estimation. Hoping for more of the same.

Watched the first ep of FLCL today. It really tries far too hard to be random. Dunno what the fuss is about really. Will probably drop but the first ep was just good enough to warrant watching the second ep. Hopefully it does SOMETHING to redeem itself in the second ep, otherwise it's gonna be dropped.

Also started watching Aria today. It could have been so much better. That goddam dog... thing in it really pisses me off. Its coming very close to ruining an otherwise very good anime. What is it with Japan and these "cute" animal sidekicks that turn up in (and eternally ruin) anime?

Hidamari Sketch continues to be epic, but the fansubbers are slowing down >: / FASTER MY MINIONS, NEED MOAR!

Nagasarete Airantou, though formulaic (hey it's harem, what did you expect?), has a charm that the harem genre really seems to lack recently. The only harem anime I've really enjoyed since Love Hina. The main character is getting a bit annoying though but I don't foresee that being a series-ruining problem.

Seirei no Moribito, now that's an interesting series. The cast of characters is VERY strong, something that has been lacking in... well most animes I've watched recently to be blunt. The plot is good, especially since it comes from the increasingly cluttered adventure genre. The fight scenes are well done. The art style is slightly off for my tastes, but that's more me being picky than anything else. Hopefully it can maintain its form.

END RAMBLE :p

Darknight_88

Quote from: "Nidas"
Code Geass - 24
Quote24
Quote24
O_O
Seems we have another psyker! Could you spoil us episodes 24 an 25, please nidas?Can't wait until July
:D

Great, now I feel an urge to rewatch the evil laugh of Lelouch at the end of ep 23...

Currently Watching:

-Romeo x Juliet: 06
-Nanoha StrikerS: 05
-Heroic Age: 05
-Lucky Star: 05
-Hayate no Gotoku: 04

Romeo x Juliet, so far, is the best show of this season. Nanoha Strikers...not bad, but still lacks *something*. Heroic Age...not too bad.  Hayate...lol @ narrator & Santa Claus. Lucky Star not bad, but I hope it gets better.

Also, I see that while I was gone, a "Haru-Nata Alliance" was formed. Everyone loves Konata....there's no love for Kagami ;_;

Nidas

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
Code Geass - 24
Quote24
Quote24
O_O
Seems we have another psyker! Could you spoil us episodes 24 an 25, please nidas?Can't wait until July
:D

LELOUCH DIES

Darknight_88

LELOUCH DIES
Ã'_Ã"

DAMN YOU SUNRISE!

Second season will suck

zjhentohlauedy

Yay GTO IS a good anime, though i also recommend watching the manga! definitely

and i plan on watching claymore soon, i read a few chapters of its manga a while ago and it does look interesting, the author also made Angel densetsu which is also a good read! i also recommend reading it!.
My my, aren't you lovely~

Bella

I watched a few episodes of Ghost in the Shell (season 1) today...I saw it up to the time where Motoko was (supposedly) shot, but as my brother pointed out, she wasn't wearing her wristwatch...so I don't if it was her or not...

Silentbob

I dug in to my collection and picked at random some old animes I haven't watched for years.  Kaze Makase Tsukikage Ran was one, and RahXephon (which is still my favourite anime).

CaptBrenden

GOnna start watching lucky star tonight i think.  maybe.

NewYinzer

News in brief:
- Lelouch dies in episode 24 (which makes no sense)
- President Rozen Maiden will sign the Equal Rights Amendment into law three years from now (considering that current events take their course)
- NewYinzer is watching Lucky Star (this is true, and it is teh win)

Now for some serious Code Geass Related Predictions:
- Since Zero has killed someone Suzaku cared about (I ain't tellin), Suzaku will kill someone Zero cares about (Shirley, Kallen, or Nunnaly)
- Orange-kun will come to life and side with the Order of the Black Knights
- Diethard Ried will betray the Order of the Black Knights
- Nina dies (unlikely, but after episode 12, I think most people want her to)
- In the end, Zero has successfully established the United States of Japan in all of the Japanese Isles, but he is still at war with Britannia
- C.C. and V.V. duke it out to decide the fate of Japan
- Contrary to popular opinion, Suzaku will not die

SleepyD

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"GOnna start watching lucky star tonight i think.  maybe.
feels more like azumanga...

i like that feeling. makes me lazy. XD;

in other news, I think I like this thingy in my sig.

NejinOniwa

Myah myah myah myaaah. I have converted him. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS