What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spysweeper

I'm watching the remake of Negima It's really good so far.

CaptBrenden

Told ya. it dosent follow the original story very much but it is pretty funny and is presented in an interesting way
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Myrdin

I finished .hack//roots. It was crap. I do not recommend spending any money on it. I also do not reommend wasting time watching it. The conclusion is inconclusive and vauge. Characters randomly change personalities for no apparent reason. Entire episodes have no relevance to the plot. Wait, no, it doesn't really have a plot. It's like watching a non-stop recording of a single intersection on an average day. Maybe something interesting happens but overall it's dull and pointless.

CaptBrenden

wow o_o thats quite the review....

zjhentohlauedy

i'm not currently watching any anime, but I am reading a manga.
Damn Salad Days.... Can't stop reading..... tears..... can't stop....reading. ;161
My my, aren't you lovely~

Myrdin

Black Lagoon Mini-Review
This series is divided into two sections. Black Lagoon is the opposite of .hack//roots(see above). Characters are well developed despite a complete lack of significant background scenes. All development is created from normal dialogue and about five seconds of flashback. I would have liked to know more about all of them but it does not detract from the anime.

Animation quality is good. In 24 episodes I only noticed two cases of recycled animations. The storyline is relatively original. The girls are quite... appealing... while still maintining believable proportions. Black Lagoon also contains the only flamboyant use of "dual pistols" that did not send me into a frothing rage. Firearms fans must watch this.

There is some fanservice. Much of it is negated by the surrounding events and registers only as a, "wait, what?" kind of thing.

I have not read the manga and do not know if it is even translated to english. From passing references it seems that the animated series is follows the original manga better than most. From what I read the changes were for the better, like a revision of the manga instead of a departure.

The conclusion is better than most anime. There is actually closure! It's an anime where everyone lives AND most questions are answered. Wow! F-U Evangelion. Still, there is room for a sequel.

Conclusion: Black Lagoon is mostly violent action with some fitting funny scenes thrown in. Compared to most recent anime, this is a must-see.

NOTE: The easily disturbed should not watch the first story arc of season 2. It deals with a topic that is unfortunately based on real events. The really easily disturbed should not watch any of this.

CaptBrenden

Just picked up the last 3 discs to the dubbed 1st series of negima so ill be watching that now. Ive also picked up a few discs of FMA which im going to re watch. that series is awsome.  -_- why do i always like the ones that do the most fucked up stuff to their characters?

NejinOniwa

Because only anime with grand fanbase and lots of quality and good stuff and regular awesomeness can do so without completely being wiped out by rabids.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Gummster

Just finished Samurai Champloo, that serie is erm... special if I may. I'm downloading Shakugan no shana an Chrno Crusade. I'm hoping those two will be fun.

Silentbob

Haven't watched any anime for the past few months, but today I watched the first episode of the new Ichigo Mashimaro OVA.   Because that series rocks.  :D

NejinOniwa

Ara! New guy! Hey, why don't you head over to the MIT and present yourself, Gummssu?

Also, my opinions on your choice o' dl-s:
Shana is supreme goodnessu, so even if you find it having a slow start (which i did), go on watching. Then you shall see its pure pwninessu for sure, ssu! ^-^

Chrno crusade is quite good, at least in the beginning - but just like i felt with trigun, i think its concluding arc is rather slow and sloppy. But otherwise, a great show (Chrno's evil eyessu in ep4 are serious MAGIC! =3)
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

watched the end of negima again.. they redrew alot of sceans in it.  I forgot how emotional some of those final eps were -_- like sayos ep.  Still dosent make up for the horrible dubbing and casting.  

Moving on to rewatching FMA now

Senigata

I'm watching Gun Buster 2 again. Man that had one of the saddest endings I know.
Afte that I'll probably watch Code Geass, I heard it has a lot of Fanservice is that true ?

Laevatein

Considering their opportunities to show fanservice, the actual series has a minimal amount of fanservice. It's mostly mecha battles and politics, and a little bit of badass soap on the side. Sure there are the occasional nakedness and such, but Code Geass isn't really a nude-fest (unless you believe the fanart ^^;;;; ).

Now the Code Geass Picture Book DVD specials on the other hand (especially 2.5, which is essentially one big bath scene fanservice XD)

And... Lelouch commands you to Watch Code Geass Now, WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH!!!!  ;025

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Junya

Theres only couple I really like..Inuyasha, Black cat, and Gokusen lol