What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

aaah mecha museum stuff nooooooooo *hides*
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

zjhentohlauedy

hahaha, Strike Witches.. that does look interesting and at the same time, wierd.. ;026
thanks for the info spysweep
My my, aren't you lovely~

CaptBrenden

naruto better pick up fast or im gonna stop -_- bleach hooked me pretty fast.. it just got GOOD later... this.. isnt catching me at all.

Aurora Borealis

I'm not fond of Mecha Musume either.

As for dubbed anime, I'm watching most of the anime on Cartoon Network, Toonami and Miguzi

and for subbed anime, I'm watching Rozen Maiden Traumend (finished episode 6) and Nanoha A's (up to episode 4 or 5 out of 13 episodes)

And for you Naruto viewers out there, be warned: there will be a massive filler arc later on. But I'm sure I'll be able to endure it when it comes. Hey, I endured the massive filler arc of Pokemon, and endured some of the arcs of Yugioh and Dragonball Z that really started to drag on!

Bleach hooked me fast too- almost instantly!

CaptBrenden

you did aroura :D ep 6?  the good one?  :D :D :D :D  with megu and gin and the awsome snowy music scean?  that ep 6? :D

Spysweeper

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"naruto better pick up fast or im gonna stop -_- bleach hooked me pretty fast.. it just got GOOD later... this.. isnt catching me at all.

What part are you on please tell me your not watching the dubs please cause they totally mess the series up.  and well if you stop thats your thing everybody has their own taste I guess.

Xyanide

ATTENTION NARUTO WATCHERS (those of you following the current japanese one)

the fillers are officially said to end after the current filler-arc with the sand ninjas...supposedly this would mean 2 more episodes but i am not too sure it might take 3 or 4 more episodes
After this naruto will start post-timeskip

CaptBrenden

you know.. the whole dub vs sub debate that everyone gets so passionate about.. i could give a rats ass.. i like it either way.

Xyanide

subs are better...dubs sound like idiots in my opinion with the way they talk XD not just their voices but it's their acting

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"you did aroura :D ep 6?  the good one?  :D :D :D :D  with megu and gin and the awsome snowy music scean?  that ep 6? :D

Yup! For 5 episodes I was wondering if Suigintou survived and I was glad to see this one and that she did! I thought the snowy music scene was very pretty. Megu is cool too! It's sad that she has no will to live though and I can't help but wonder how did she know what to do when she first encountered Gin.  Has she been researching about the Rozen Maidens in the meantime prior to that?

CaptBrenden

well she thought she was a dark angel there to take her away.. but when someone extends their hand like that.. its kinda implied what your soppose to do

SleepyD

my position on dubs is this:

the old ones are generally terrible, but now they seem to be responding to the fans, such as keeping the Japanese cultural references. Furthermore, they don't have a large pool of talented voice actors to draw from, so I understand a bit.  Also, many of these voice actors do have connections to the anime fanbase, so many learn from this.  

And lastly, some character's voices are supposed to be annoying, so that is replicated in the US dub.

CaptBrenden

i like listening to it in my native language too.. since i dont speak japanese yet. thats a huge plus

Spysweeper

Quote from: "Xyanide"subs are better...dubs sound like idiots in my opinion with the way they talk XD not just their voices but it's their acting

Agreed

CaptBrenden

i just think it matters which you watch first.. if you watch the dub first.. the sub will sound funny, if you watch the sub first the dub will sound funny