What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darknight_88

Quote from: "MisterCat"Later tonight I'll be screening the first episode of Code Geass.  If I like it, I'll acquire the second episode; and if I don't like it, I won't bother watching any subsequent episodes.

What I don't like:  annoying male characters, annoying music, big-jaw artwork, biological excretions or secretions, diapers, dick girls, disintegrating clothing, female characters in frilly clothing, flat-butt artwork, girly-male artwork, heroin-addict artwork (anorexic males), mecha, maids, male-superiority formulae, mouth-too-small artwork, nuns, nurses, old-fashioned-panties artwork, pointed-chin artwork, ridiculously-large-breasts artwork, schoolgirl uniforms, tentacles, yaoi.

What I like:  artwork which indicates ability to depict correct human anatomy, non-submissive female characters, sexy clothing for females, yuri.

;hi

=^..^=
man...I guess you won't like it Ã,¬Ã,¬
I mean, It's a mecha genre series Ã,¬Ã,¬
And we're talking about characters designed by CLAMP, and that means: Anorexic males, Pointed-chin, schoolgirls uniforms, and the NOODLE PEOPLE syndrome (artwork wich doesn't depict an accurate human anatomy).
-___-

But personally I think it's a great show. The only show I'm downloading this season (Black Lagoon ended, just waiting for the subs. NHK ended)

I'm watching Full Metal Panic (Original and The second raid) again =D. I just have to say that it's still AWESOME.
AWESOME.

I should watch Rozen Maiden Traumend, but I'm too lazy =/

Updates of what I saw while I was gone:
-Voices of a distant star. Well, character artwork isn't really that great, but considering  the whole series was done by only 1 man, I'll let that pass. Great story, but I'd like to know what happened in the end =/. Masterpiece In My Humble Opinion
-Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha (Also, Nanoha A's). The first season is average, not really great. Has some great fighting scenes. The second season...completely different. GREAT. That's all I have to say. Signum rules :D
-The place promised in our early days. AWESOME. Everything it's great: animation, artwork, music, story, development, etc. One of the best movies I have ever seen, really.

MisterCat

Darknight, I love that "noodle-people syndrome" term!  I'll put it alongside my "flat-butt syndrome" term, for future reference.

;010

=^..^=

CaptBrenden

WHAT? you havent seen Rozen Maiden Traumend?  I ughta bolt you to a chair till you watch it!! Then lazyness wont be an excuse!!

*twitches in anticipation of oveture, especialy after the coments about it being a suigintou lovers dream*
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"WHAT? you havent seen Rozen Maiden Traumend?
mmmm....nope
QuoteI ughta bolt you to a chair till you watch it!! Then lazyness wont be an excuse!!
mmm....well...what about studying for the final exams and writing a dumb (but large...at least for my actual knowledge) in Pascal? That'd be an excuse.

Quote*twitches in anticipation of oveture, especialy after the coments about it being a suigintou lovers dream*
Suigintou? REALLY????
Well...As Suigintou is my favourite Rozen Maiden (I was also waving for the Empire to crush the rebellion in Star Wars :D)...then I guess that'd be a good reason to watch Traumend (so I can understand Overture)

CaptBrenden

Yes, another person that rooted for the empire!  go darth! go Boba!

Actually I hear Overture is a prequal... But you have to see traumend cus it introduced Megu, Suigintous dying suicide sick girl medium, and the 6th episode is the coolest in the series sofar and its almost compleatly Suigintou. Top of that its got the most bad ass scean of her flying through her world covered in snow with the most bad ass song (which shows up no where else in the seres to my knowlage)
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

*pulls forward cart full of Miyazaki films*

Hmm, lesse.....

QuoteWhat I don't like

annoying male characters:  Nope.  Very unannoying male characters.
annoying music:  Hell no.
big-jaw artwork;  Vintage-style, but I don't think there are giant jaws.  ^^'
biological excretions or secretions:  Unless you count the Stink God from Spirited Away, no.  -v-
diapers:  O_o  Umm... only on babies.  ^^'
dick girls:  No Hacchan here.  ^__^
disintegrating clothing:  Nope.
female characters in frilly clothing:  Only when it fits the era (Howl's Moving Castle)
flat-butt artwork:  Nausicaa looks curvy to me.  -v-
girly-male artwork:  Look at Porco Rosso.  ^.^
heroin-addict artwork (anorexic males):  Nope.  ^^
mecha:  planes outnumber mecha in his work.  ^__^
maids:  some in The Cat Returns, but they're cats.  ^^'
male-superiority formulae;  BY GAWD NO.  Miyazaki-san is more feminist than even all of his Japanese and American counterparts combined!  
mouth-too-small artwork:  Nope... good-size mouths
nuns:  not in any kinky way
nurses:  ditto
old-fashioned-panties artwork:  Maybe Kiki, but I believe they're just bloomers.  -v-
pointed-chin artwork:   artwork is too rounded for my tastes, so definitely no pointy chins.  -v-
ridiculously-large-breasts artwork:  Yubaba from Spirited Away is about the closest you'll get too abnormally large breasts  *snicker snicker*  -v-
schoolgirl uniforms:  very sparing with schoolgirl uniforms.  -v-
tentacles:  unless it's from a real octopus
yaoi:  Nope.  

QuoteWhat I like:
artwork which indicates ability to depict correct human anatomy:  mmmm-hmmmm. ^__^
non-submissive female characters:  You can't get anymore unsubmissive.  ^____^
sexy clothing for females:  mmmmmm,... depends on your definition of "sexy".  -v-
yuri:  That's up to your imagination.  ^__^

So it's settled then.... C-chan hereby decrees that MisterCat-san and Miyazaki-san's films were made for eachother.  ^v^

*shoves cart at MisterCat*

In other news, I see there's still ample talk of Suigintou, although I should probably point out that Suiseiseki is pretty evil too.  *v*

Usually characters like Gin-chan aren't exactly my cup of tea, but Trauemend really did much to flesh out her personality.  Having been able to experience her full personality, I can even say it resembles the proposed personality for OS/2-tan -- that of the deep, psychologically-scarred psycho woman with a vendetta against her sisters and a repressed soft spot.   -v-

NewYinzer

*starts zoning out*

Wha...?

What did yinz just say about fanservice?

C-Chan

*zoned out*  I dunno,....  '__'
I kinda lost half my brain typing all that, so your guess is as good as mine...  ^___^;

NewYinzer

*zones out*

Wha...what did you say about me getting electroshock treatment?

C-Chan

*zoned out*  Oh that,... apparently DR-DOS is pretending to be Nurse Ratchet again and wants you zapped.  I'd do as she says, cause it'll only be worse if you make her force you.  ^^;

Aurora Borealis

I was watching Futago Hime, but I only watched up to episode 5 because the subs on Youtube only go up to episode 5. What a shame because Futago Hime is one of my favorite anime serieses!

But I'm now also watching Nanoha A's and it is AWESOME! Not sure if I'm going to watch the first season though because it doesn't have the Velka Knights in it because they're what made Nanoha A's so awesome! (Especially Signum and Vita)

May start watching Negima (both serieses plus the dub for comparison) if I have the patience to sift through all the AMVs and crud to get to the actual episodes on Youtube. May also start watching Rozen Maiden again too.

MisterCat

Many thanks, honorable C-Chan, are hereby given you for your excellent report comparing my humble taste in anime/games/manga characters/series with the work of Miyazaki-san!  I shall take your conclusion to heart and seek said series via "the usual methods."

;019

[Note:  The following statement is contained within parentheses to preclude its being seen by hostile entities.]

(I've been attempting to download the entire series Suzumiya Haruhi no YÃ...«utsu.  I've no idea why I'm doing this nor does BitTorrent, which decided to fail whilst I was asleep overnight.  I shall resume this mysterious task at the first opportunity.)

;013

=^..^=

NewYinzer

Quote*zoned out* Oh that,... apparently DR-DOS is pretending to be Nurse Ratchet again and wants you zapped. I'd do as she says, cause it'll only be worse if you make her force you. ^^;

I do believe that you may have found the demeanor for the relatively unknown DR-DOS!

Quote(I've been attempting to download the entire series Suzumiya Haruhi no YÃ...«utsu. I've no idea why I'm doing this nor does BitTorrent, which decided to fail whilst I was asleep overnight. I shall resume this mysterious task at the first opportunity.)

Try out uTorrent. It's great. I doesn't consume system resources like BitTorrent does.

C-Chan

QuoteI do believe that you may have found the demeanor for the relatively unknown DR-DOS!

Yep, MamaDOS does have her sadistic streak.  ^__~

Oh, and don't forget that's "Hayao Miyazaki", MisterCat-san.  ^__^

If you can get the original fansubs, more power to you.  Disney unfortunately hogged the licenses for all the movies, and did everything in their power to "Disneyfy" the presentation.
(To trick the consumer into thinking Studio Ghibli is a Disney subsidiary, I'm sure.....  -v-')

MisterCat

Thanks, NewYinzer, for the uTorrent suggestion!  It's turning out to be much faster than BitTorrent (many more sources) and, as you asserted, it doesn't suck up random-access memory like a sponge.

It's a bit odd, though, insofar as when uTorrent is running everything on my screen continuously freezes and unfreezes.  Never the less, the operating system doesn't throw up any Blue Screens Of Death and the torrent keeps flowing in/out at a respectable rate; so as long as I don't need to use the machine for something else, such as composing this reply, uTorrent is just fine; and, apart from the patience-inducing freeze/unfreeze mantra, it's a great improvement over BitTorrent.

*also makes note of name "Hayao Miyazaki"*

;019

=^..^=