OS-tan Variations (We-tan~)

Started by Koshi, April 27, 2005, 11:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Stankevitch

Dont we still have Windows Explorer, running as explorer.exe? Because that is the main program of windows for nearly everything...

Check your task manager and see for yourself.

OS Freak

I wanted to research about this WE tan girl. I've found several WE Tan pictures all those I have point out as a girl. Also it seems it does represent Windows Explorer. But I hardly call it ME Tan's enemy since windows explorer runs on every windows OS to date. Making her the internal Microsoft evil program of all the OSes . Only exclusions are windows 1, 2, 3, 3.1, 3.11, NT 3, NT 3.5, NT 3.51 & Server 1990 (WFW 3.11) who used the Program Manager. The program manager evolved into the explorer.exe called Windows Explorer that can be installed as a shell upgrade to NT 3.51 and that comes as the default shell explorer for all versions and service packs of; NT 4.0, 95, 98, 98SE, ME, 2K, Neptune, XP, FLPC, Vista, 7, Server 1996 (NT 4.0) Server 2000 (2K) Server 2003 (XP like Server) Server 2008  (Vista Like Server) Server 2008 R2 (Vista/7 like Server). I'm not sure what's the shell skin of Windows CE is.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

Kuro

I like WE a lot; apart from her, in the way of "other" OS-tan, there's Komepo, the "weeaboo American" counterpart of XP, Yamada, the original, but rejected, design for 98, and DVA's NT, who I, to be honest, prefer to the "real" NT.

NejinOniwa

WHAT
INU-T ACTUALLY HAS RIVALRY?!

-w-;

Added after 3 minutes:

And for some reason: Yeah, I always liked Komepo, as well, maybe simply because the amount of shit you needed to filter out from all available images wasn't as large as for Saseko...then again, nobody seems to make any Komepo imagery anymore ;_;

I might be biased though, simply because of the fact that long, blonde hair such as my own is too damn extravagantly beautiful. <3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Wolfwood2057

If we're speaking of OS-Variations,my personal favorite has always been this version of MS Dos-Tan

I love this image so much i hate the other one for being the preferred version.just because i think it fits so well.

She has a very plain look like DOS,a floppy disk bag referencing the usage of Disks (originally the only storage for DOS)...another interesting thing is with the cat ears she's like felix the cat,since all her tools come from her floppy disk bag :D

Plus the fact that unlike other variations of Dos-Tan,this one meshes with 3.1,which in fact relied on DOS to function in many ways,not yet being able to boot into itself.

While many versions of Dos have it as a cat,including the most popular 3.1 designs...this picture draws a stand-alone DOS from that cat DOS while actually referencing DOS itself fairly well.In actuality there really should be a standalone version comparable to the cat because the cat is in fact more self-sustained then 3.1 Tan is >.>

I just love all the relations this version has to DOS and to 3.1,making it possibly one of my favorite versions of any OS :D

...i actually have had this on my mind so i had a lot to say.
QuoteThat\'s right--you have to amuse yourself while playing a game; a game being something ostensibly designed to amuse. And if the player is doing this, then something has clearly gone wrong.
-Ben \'Yahtzee\' Croshaw

NejinOniwa

ITT: Words~

Nice idea/pic, though. Still, I must say I prefer the kitten, if only to keep the canon clean of the myriads of alt. designs that keep popping up - but to each his own. ^^

NejinOniwa

THAT'S A LOAD OF-

I'll see what I can do here.
AFAIK, 3.1-kun's DOS has no specific name/classification. I dunno.
#2 and #3, I'm clueless.
#4 is called Aka-cho-tin, or however it's spelled. 2ch character, dunno what she is, but anyhow.
#5 is called Vistake, or "screw vista" (lol). No name found on her -kun.
#6 is called Visbou. (I actually cosplayed the male version of her once, pretty much the only serious cosplay I've ever done. Quite lol.)
Those two are the ones mostly embraced, afaik, by 2ch and artists, since they were the earliest to become solid.
#7 is a ChiVistan interim design, I dunno.
#8, gotta ask 2ch. She's in Nijikaku, and I've seen her before...but hells know her name. >_>
#9 - may be one of the Maids (Yakui, Mayoi, Mazui etc) but I dunno.
#10, No clue. I sense oneshot design. OR one of the board girls. I dunno.
#11 - No clue. Agh, too long since I played Nijikaku, I'm pretty sure all these are in there somewhere... >_>
#12 is Astarot(h). I don't remember what/who she is except that she often interacts with the spiderman guy. Look it up.
#13, let's see - dog in wig (low left) is Detective Kun-kun, above beside 2k-kun is Shinku (both from Rozen Maiden). Right of them is Jizou-seki (some sort of pun on Jizou, holy statue and Souseiseki from RM). The three girls after that (Blonde, blue and gray) I have no idea whatsoever, but this guy uses them often, it might be something inbred. And then there's yamada, WE-tan and Secchan, plus Astarot again.

PAAFEKKUTO SUTOOMU-DAZE~

Added after 16 seconds:

btw that movie did not liek. -.-

Wolfwood2057

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"ITT: Words~

Nice idea/pic, though. Still, I must say I prefer the kitten, if only to keep the canon clean of the myriads of alt. designs that keep popping up - but to each his own. ^^

Well,the thing is that what made that particular DOS-tan more interesting is she doesn't seem to be meant to replace the DOS-kitten...she's more the standalone version when she's not with 3.1 :D

hence the fact that DOS-tan has relating features to DOS-kitten.

as for preferring the kitten...the interesting thing is...

the wiki uses the shy DOS as MS-DOS rather than the kitten
QuoteThat\'s right--you have to amuse yourself while playing a game; a game being something ostensibly designed to amuse. And if the player is doing this, then something has clearly gone wrong.
-Ben \'Yahtzee\' Croshaw

Aurora Borealis

In picture #4, the character Aka-cho-tin is partly a combination of Shinku and Suigintou from "Rozen Maiden", and her name loosely translates to "red lanterns" as a reference to the lanterns on her head.

In picture #12, the woman with curly hair near the bottom left is a human adult version of Hina Ichigo (also from "Rozen Maiden"), the tall blonde woman is Daiginjou, another Rozen Maiden-based character. Her name is a pun on Suigintou, and Daiginjou is a high-quality sake. Astaroth is a character from the card game "Shinrabansho"

I forgot about that MS-DOS-tan catgirl design but I like it. I think more specifically she represents MS-DOS 6.22, the version Windows 3.1 uses. Despite her reliance on MS-DOS, Windows 3.x is more 'independent' than its predecessors and there is some debate as to whether Windows 3.x is the first full-fledged version of Windows that is more than just a DOS shell.

The other MS-DOS-tan, represented as the shy schoolgirl might  represent the earlier versions of MS-DOS, so it's possible to have both MS-DOS-tans existing at the same time in OS-tan canon, or at least fanon.

Chocofreak13

*applause* bravo! way to go! i am impressed; thanks for your help. ^^ if i find anything else confusing, i'll ask ^^ (expect moar soon)

btw, who is 2ban-tan? i saw her in a nijikaku vid once ^^
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

I'm glad I could help!

Hmm... Never heard of 2ban-tan before. :(

NejinOniwa

I have no clue who/what she is, but she's in Nijikaku, so yeah @_@

Wolfwood2057

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"
I forgot about that MS-DOS-tan catgirl design but I like it. I think more specifically she represents MS-DOS 6.22, the version Windows 3.1 uses. Despite her reliance on MS-DOS, Windows 3.x is more 'independent' than its predecessors and there is some debate as to whether Windows 3.x is the first full-fledged version of Windows that is more than just a DOS shell.

The other MS-DOS-tan, represented as the shy schoolgirl might  represent the earlier versions of MS-DOS, so it's possible to have both MS-DOS-tans existing at the same time in OS-tan canon, or at least fanon.

hum...different versions of DOS-tan...

i suppose that makes sense too,since every windows-tan is technically a different version.I doubt it's canon since most people probably don't even talk about the 'official' DOS-tan much nowadays,but i'll certainly take to that theory :)
-Ben \'Yahtzee\' Croshaw

Chocofreak13

it's always good to get multiple opinions -w-

excuse my lack of wise words per usual, i is quite tired -______- and hungry :[

2ban had a bit of a lottery motif....blonde hair w/ a green dress, with a bunch of lottery balls and a cage, most of the balls being rotated around, the rest for attack
click to make it bigger