Server moved.

Started by Fedora-Tan, March 09, 2015, 02:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fedora-Tan

Nichi

I noticed it was down when I tried to access a few minutes ago. I just figured your rabbits spilled your cup of coffee on the server ^^;;

Fedora-Tan

Culprit.

Chocofreak13

adorable culprit.

also, thanks for the update, yo. :3

(while i have you on the wire, how does one request a file to be placed in the downloads section? we found a desktop mascot that may belong there. :0 )
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

It's our rabbit.

It just depends on the file, usually Pitkin handles this for large files, but nothing prevents to make another files topic for regular uploads. Current limit for "regular uploads" is around 20Mb if i remember.

Chocofreak13

post with link here.

we can't post in the downloads thread, so should we just leave it alone? or can pitkin modify one of the posts to have it? the zip includes the program and a google-translated version of the text (dunno the quality inside the program), all at 2.6Mb. :0
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

C'est super! Merci Boucoup Fedora pour mettre site internet à jour!

(I swear I hope that came out right.)

Fedora-Tan

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on March 09, 2015, 07:41:29 PM
C'est super! Merci Boucoup Fedora pour mettre site internet à jour!

(I swear I hope that came out right.)

That's right :) Thanks !

@Choco : Wiki can also be used for putting files, as long as they have a reasonable interest for the site. Would also allow a description for it.

Chocofreak13

good to know, but would it end up in the downloads section? sorry to drag this out, but it seems weird to have the downloadables separated. :0
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

What about we put all in a wiki-download section ? I like the idea to have a desc and not just a list of downloads.

A link from forum to wiki download page then.

Chocofreak13

love it. it makes more sense anyway. do you want me to download and post the items there, or should an admin do it?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I have no clue what's going on, or if this is even related to the server move, but none of the topics are displaying properly. I can't see any new posts unless I click on the Reply button; as otherwise every page of every topic looks like the picture I've included (I'd attach it, but my avatar isn't displaying, so I figured it was best to upload it off-site and link it):

Hopefully it's a simple fix on your end. Thanks in advance

Chocofreak13

i couldn't get to the site earlier. everything okay?

Spoiler: ShowHide

main page:
"Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

wiki:
"There was a problem when connecting to the SMF database.
Check your host, username, and password settings.

mySQL error number: 2002
mySQL error message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (11)"

gallery:
"Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (11)"
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'm actually surprised that message from me actually went through at all. Still, curious about what was going on; is everything ok?

Pitkin

The mainframe running our servers got a cold. Luckily, pouring a mug of boiling hot tea inside its air vent seems to have solved the problem.

That is to say, server reboot.