Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OS Freak

Yes siree it did. I remember mine was immune I kept capturing them. I leveled one through Pokemon league to lvl. 100 Had a hell of attack. Could even beat Mewtwo with a shot.

Welcome Missingno.

Also What is Wetan. Is she cannon What OS she represents?
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

Mephi-Dross

Hi, I'm Mephi. Came here more out of coincidence, but I really like the OS-tans. =D Hope to get them to know a bit more.
I'm german, so please forgive me if my english seems weird sometimes. =D

Smokey

Ah herzlich willkommen, es macht mir spas mehr deutsche menschen zu sehen hier...
(sorry for the crappy spelling, being dutch i usually only speak german, badly... ^_^)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

OS Freak

Welcome Mephi, I hope that coincidence works on you so you can stay with us. Your very welcomed. And don't mind much about the English as long as we understand what you want to say I guess we are equal. Hope to see you around. Good luck and have a nice day.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

Seamore

Welcome Mephi. Hope you can get along with everyone and have fun here. And don't worry about bad english. As long as other can understand what you mean, you are all set.

And there's nothing as coincidence, everything's is fate (quote from yuuko ichihara)
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

MajesticS

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen!

Allow me to introduce myself... My nickname is MajesticS, but I am also known as Dr. Als Sinc [de Alter] or S. for short. I am going to turn 18 this June, so I daresay I'm going to be full-qualified citizen in a short period of time, which I will enjoy greatly ^_^

As for my interests and hobbies... I am a fond of both cyberpunk literature and ideology, and symapthise with transhumanist theory (let's transcend pathetic human nature, weeeee ^_^). I'm also an otaku (anime fan with, let's say, medium experience)... I suppose most people here are anime fans as well, so I'l tell (just in case) that my favorites are Neon Genesis Evangelion, Code Geass, Death Note, Ergo Proxy and Darker than BLACK. I do writing (cyberpunk or science fiction mostly) and drawing sometimes. I enjoy philosophy and esoterics as well... As for my language, I must say that English is not my native, so I must apologize for any spelling errors that I may have.

About the reason why I'm here... Well, being a computer geek and anime fan are those very requirements necessary to learn about OS-tans and fall in love with them, I think ^_^ My favorites are 2k-chan, Linux-sama and, of course, XP Pro, since I use this OS for about 5 years already and never complained about its performance (erm... Well I did, but that's Microsoft we're talking about, they're supposed to screw up since that's their nature).

So... That's it for my introduction, I think.

--
S.

OS Freak

Welcome S Ahh.. you told a lot of U. Good. Eases up to know you. Yes many are anime fans. I am too. Sadly i don't watch much, don't have time or the resources. I'm maily an OS tan lover and I enjoy games and computers. My Fave is Homeko the XP Home Edition thou I also bear a liking to 2K-san and ME-chan.

But yes welcome. Hope you stay long with us and enjoy the site, learn from it and contribute and spread the word about us.

NejinOniwa

Either you copypasta'd that, or you JUST SPENT HALF AN HOUR FORMATTING AND SHIT.
-w- You must have a lot of free time, ne~ -w-

That aside. Resident Ninja-Pirate-Demon-Viking-Prettymuchanythingelseyoucancomeupwith greets you welcome to this pit of...wherever this place is located. (THIS LEADS US TO THE CONCLUSION THAT hell is located somewhere in France.)

As for transhumanism, I'll see if I don't call you up in a few years. I need test subjects.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Welcome to the asylum, S...Welcome to the asylum....
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Scratch that. Welcome to my laboratory.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

And meet here our longest surviving lunatic... this is a very in teresting case, multiple complexities...
Thanks Fedora-sama

MajesticS

2NejinOniwa:

QuoteEither you copypasta'd that, or you JUST SPENT HALF AN HOUR FORMATTING AND SHIT.

Nah... I just can type fast ^_^ No formatting, really, I remember BB codes,  that's all. Or maybe my brain's directly linked to my PC... Or I am a digital being... You never know ^_^ An if we speak without any joke, I just like typing neatly... I hate unformatted texts, you see.

QuoteAs for transhumanism, I'll see if I don't call you up in a few years. I need test subjects.

Test subjects, hmm... Why not associate? Don't tell me you're going to bring FM-2030's posthuman paradise all alone... You're supposed to be singular with others, not to take them as test subjects, ne? ^_^

2Smokey:

QuoteWelcome to the asylum, S...Welcome to the asylum....

Why, thankyou, I enjoy these kinds of places ^_^ Being a sociopath and cycloid (bipolar syndrome, that is) I daresay I'm insane enough to handle another asylum. And come to speak of it, laboratory as well ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

Welcome S, I had a feeling about you, something about you reeked of writer/philosopher.  Perhaps it's just wishful thinking that I have about any new members XD.  Anyway, transhumanism eh, why so /MODERN?  The classics not good enough?  Should make for some interesting discussion...

The Choice of a New Generation.

MajesticS

QuoteI had a feeling about you, something about you reeked of writer/philosopher

Well, that's a compliment, thankyou. I think about myself more as of a demagogue than philosopher - I'm pathethic with physical work, being weak an ill as I am, and thinking is the only thing I'm good with ^_^

QuoteTranshumanism eh, why so /MODERN? The classics not good enough?

[offtop]Why transhumanism, you say... Well, this philosophical movement dictates that human being is not the Crown of Creation, and its evolution is not over. Though having no phisiological means to evolve further (i.e. natural evolution of human organism will take hundreds of years), humans should evolve by artificial means - which are genetic engineering, cybernetic implants, AI and nanotechnology. Transhuman studies seek the ways to transcend limitations of human body; to enlarge active youth or general lifespan, to enhance our perception and mental abilities, or even surpass death. Such a being will be transhuman - human consciouness in artificial body, immune to death and aging.

So that's why it's transhumanism; it's just amazing prospect to become an virtually immortal disease-immune cyber-organism. Transhuman studies open new boundaries in medicine; we could cure AIDS or cancer by administering nanomachines in patient's bloodstream which will repair his body from inside... Not speaking about AI technology; sentient computer linked directly into human brain will allow us to handle data processing very fast; connecting our basic memory to RAM chips we would be able to download any skills directly into ourselves, which will allow us to educate in matter of seconds, etc.

I just think that we humans are rather pathetic - ill and aging and dying and being stupid and polluting our own world... By transcending our human nature we'll gain new ways of thinking too. There's such a movement as technogayanism - to restore nature by technical means... We have destroyed enough of our homeplanet to give it rest...

Well, I guess that's answer to your question.[/offtop]

OS Freak

Ok... Hmmm...  Sure. :-D

Added after 2 minutes:

Quote from: So that's why it's transhumanism; it's just amazing prospect to become an virtually immortal disease-immune cyber-organism. Transhuman studies open new boundaries in medicine; we could cure AIDS or cancer by administering nanomachines in patient's bloodstream which will repair his body from inside... Not speaking about AI technology; sentient computer linked directly into human brain will allow us to handle data processing very fast; connecting our basic memory to RAM chips we would be able to download any skills directly into ourselves, which will allow us to educate in matter of seconds, etc.[/offtop

Just make sure those nanobots are not running Windows ME or it will be the holocaust of humanity.