Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JA8956 / Patrick

Okay its time for me agin to work on bord of a containership,
this time i stay about 6 month on bord, so i will be back in september 2009.
Stay well everyone

Schol-R-LEA

Schol-R-LEA, here. I guess it was inevitable that I would join this forum too, since I'm in so many others.

Damn, I show up in places almost like Kibo used to. Just not as often. And not as entertainingly. *shrug*

Smokey

Well, hello Schol-R-LEA...
Don't shrug, just have a good time... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

svx

Schol-R-LEA.  Uhn...  Processing...

Pirates go arrrr.  Scholarrrrlea.  Arrrr...

I'm svx, btw.  I'm new here.  It's good to meet you, Nejin.  Smokey.  Cockle.  Scholarrrrrrrrrrlea.  Arrr.

NejinOniwa

Schol-ARRRRRGH!-leeyh.

A pirate knows to put the CRUISE CONTROL on his exclamations, as well. -w-

Welcome, pañanos. THESE BE MY WATERS, KEEP YER CANNONS LOADED!
>:3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

I think it's a play on scholarly, guys... Or it's a scholar named Lea...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Here I was thinking it was a play on cholera :P...

Welcome to the thread Schol-R, if you're gonna stick around this is the kind of stuff you'll have to get used too ^.^; .  See in you in six, Patrick!

Since I'm so busy doing Irish stuff, why don't I wish ye all a Hammered Saint Patty's Day!  Hope you're all wearing green.  *pinches Smokey*

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

*playfully stomps Ian in the shoulder*

Ya know i'm a brit, i'm supposed to hate that melarchy...
Despite all that (i'm not calling it nonsense in respect for my father), have a good St. Patrick's...
Heck, i like U2 and the cranberries, plus i was raised as a dutchman, so how bad can you Irish be... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

How does one shoulderstomp, in the first place?

(And I feel so boring for being just a plain ol' swedish swedeman swede svennson here -w-; )

Smokey

Make a fist...
Hit the target in the shoulder...
Shoulderstomp...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

That's a shoulderbox, dawg!

FEET ONLY FOR STOMPING RULE APPLIES HERE

IanDanKilmaster

Here we call that a "frog", usually intended to make the target limp and numb in said limb.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

The closest translation i could find for the dutch verb Stompen was Hamra...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

I see what you did thar...

IT'S HAMMERTIME!

MagikGimp

Oh hey, I'm MagikGimp (don't ask) and my greatest fears are:
1) Drowning- I almost did in foam in a nightclub in Magaluf, Majorca.
2) Large fish, whales and sharks- Possibly associated with 1 but I've always had this thing about something large swimming underneath me; makes me shudder just to think about it. A Great White approaching fast out of the murky deep towards me also makes me wet my already sodden swimming-trunks.
3) Life and the responsibilities it brings- Yeah a little deep and it's to do with failure but why the heck do you think I'm here for??
4) Being chased- You know all the screaming kids who love it when people running after them? Well I hate that; I have nightmares about it sometimes.
5) Other nightmares which often include a strange one when I'm half asleep and then suddenly my brain will imagine something biting me for example and because I'm almost awake it feels very real. I usually can't move in these situations either, another fear.
6) Unsafe heights and rock-climbing- You can throw me out of a plane with a parachute any day and standing on the topmost floor of a glass-walled office is a cinch but remove that glass and *gibber*... And no, having a rope while climbing is not what I consider safe in indeed even remotely fun.

And finally, because this is actually quite a hard list to compile, it's not like you think about the shit that freaks you out all that much now is it:
7) OH DEAR LORD GET HER AWAY FROM ME!!