Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NekOSaka

This is a place. A COOL PLACE. We have stuff. COOL STUFF. THIS IS A COOL PLACE WITH COOL STUFF.

...Welcome.

VonDaab

I'm browsing this site, BUT IT STILL DOESNT COOL ME OFF ENOUGH.

I hate the summer.

...still, welcome to the new ones.

NekOSaka

Silly VonDaab, you just need to use caps lock... It's cruise control for cool.

NejinOniwa

It's CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, not AIR CONDITIONING.
FUC­K­ING SHIT. I mean, seriously. 30 degrees out of the sun!? In my Sweden!? Well I nev...ok well actually I did experience something even worse once.

It was on my class trip to Öland, in 9th grade, and we were going home by train. Normally they're quite good...but this one's air conditioning system had broken down entirely. Normally, with Swedish summer being what it is, with much rain and temperatures generally not rising over 25 degrees, that wouldn't have been a problem...but now we were in the middle of a hot streak, and this particular day was the hottest day in the entire summer, packing 37 degrees out of the sun. And we were shut inside a train with no AC.
That day FUC­K­ING SUCKED.
So all I do to complain now is go outside and water the plants.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

the 130 degree days in the dusty deserts of Iraq.. where you dripped with sweat even laying still in the shade.. those were the days.. not.

Official greeting to chandler, tho Ive already conversed with him elsewhere on the forum.

and nejin.. your new avatar, it burns.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

We get 30 celsius in the shade too...
Heck we even get well over 35 in the sun, but we also have high humidity and lots of clouds...

Kinda like living in a greenhouse, that's messed up...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Hey, who's the guy living at latitude 67-ish here, eh?
That's right. Besides, I'm overclocked, and while I'm not particularly weak to heat, I generate my own excess as well. That means I'm at a disadvantage -_-

And 130 degrees...wuzzat, 45-ish?

Smokey

130 Fahrenheit is 54.44444444444445 Celcius, wich is lethal (or at the very least near-lethal)

But remember that with high humidity, your whole temp-regulation is worthless, since your sweat won't evaporate...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Oh, yes, bloody hael. That's why I HATE HATE HAET Florida so much.

...okay, let's stop derailing now. We might scare them away ^^

Smokey

Good one.....

*starts walking around*

Heeere newbies, newbies, newbies...
Thanks Fedora-sama

JA8956 / Patrick

I´m vistiting this nice community over few month from time to time, and today i decided to join.

A little bit about myself? why not.

Im now 22 years old and earn my money as shipmechanic.
Shipmechanic , whats that ? ok my job is it to maintain the engines and the equiptment on bord. ( up to now only on civil container vessels )

My Hobbys are : watch animes and read mangas ,  watersports - swimming canoing etc. , chess and flight simulation.

Thx for let me join here

NejinOniwa

Ahoy there, sailor!

You at sea now, or lubbing around ashore? Ships like that usually have a direct satellite uplink, right? Do you use that for connection, or something?

And hey, what's that number? Some sort of ship ID thing, or just random?

JA8956 / Patrick

Well for now im still at shore ( i refued the 9 month basic time in the military ) so i have to work for remaining 3 month in a youth hostel.

If you are interrestet on the ships i have been ok here is a small list :

M/V  PLANET V  / Callsign   D-DGPR
M/V  CAP NORTE / Callsign  D-DAYU
M/V  GÖTALAND / Callsign   D-DHLK
M/V  GERMAN SENATOR / Callsign   D-DAJY
M/V  OOCL NARVA  / Callsign D-DHIA

PS JA8956 is a japanese aircraft id of an Boeing 747-481 from All Nippon Airways,   flightsim is one of my hobbys ...

CaptBrenden

wait.. confused... your a civilian ship mech right?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

JA8956 / Patrick

yup , but that was a storry with the german goverment, and has nothing to do with the company i work for, long storry i explain it tomorrow if you guys want to know