Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iDarbert

That's Ratbert, but by the way Scott Adams is a Mac user himself.
God Helps us! OS/2!

Oh well, the thread will eventually come back on topic as soon as someone else introduces himself I guess :D

Smokey

Just keeping myself safe from the big b&...

And by the way, OS/2, bad? whats so bad about Big Blue's stuff?
(Never tested OS/2, only had experience with IBM hardware, wich was GOOD :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

iDarbert

Quote from: "Smokey"Just keeping myself safe from the big b&...

And by the way, OS/2, bad? whats so bad about Big Blue's stuff?
(Never tested OS/2, only had experience with IBM hardware, wich was GOOD :D
OS/2 was eventually killed by the fact that it was able to run Microsoft Windows applications, there's nothing really wrong about OS/2 Warp as far as I know.

Smokey

WELL, FINALLY!!! Someone actually trying to get MS-Sh** to work on a proper OS! It's about time someone got the bright idea that if they can snatch like DX and O/Gl, they can take a bite from the gamers market! (and a good one 'cause that'll bet the first time mainstream games would run on a stable OS)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

iDarbert

Quote from: "Smokey"WELL, FINALLY!!! Someone actually trying to get MS-Sh** to work on a proper OS! It's about time someone got the bright idea that if they can snatch like DX and O/Gl, they can take a bite from the gamers market! (and a good one 'cause that'll bet the first time mainstream games would run on a stable OS)
Actually that happened many years in the past when it was actually possible, plus if I'm not mistaken such feature was included because of the relationship IBM and Microsoft shared at the time, which is now rather impossible.

Though there actually are some moder attemnpts to do the same thing, WINE/Cedega/Crossover and ReactOS being prime examples.

Smokey

Good, then I can use an alto-pc for gaming too... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

iDarbert

Depends on what they are actually running, IBM relies on other companies to provide the software.

Smokey

Well... Let's not get ahead of ourselves... For me to run my games on any other OS, I'll need full DX9/DX10 support...

*BTW Still waiting for Cappie... She's normally very punctual...*
So anyway'z maybe we should find/create a dedicated thread for this discussion...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Toki

Oh my... I'm quite late. I guess I'll have to eat these cookies I made by myself T-T * nibbles *

WELCOME iPERSON. I'll give you a cookie because you're newer than me desu yo...
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

Cookies!!! Wait. these aren't the spying little critters from the internet, but real delicious cookies, right? :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

Bella

QuoteHi there, iDarbert checking in after a while of lurking (thanks for keeping all the areas open for unregistered visitors by the way, especially the picture gallery) and becoming interested to the comunity.

As the name implies, I'm a Mac enthusiast, though I've given up the evangelist role years ago, started making people switch to the Mac as soon as I stopped bothering them, go figure.

Anyway I also happen to be some kind of artist, so I may as well contribute to the nice fandom around here.

Welcome iDarbert!  ;hi

While I mostly use XP and Linux (usually Ubuntu), I love Macs. OS X stable, artistically-oriented and gorgeous...and a continuation of the fine Unix tradition!

Yes, OS Evangelists/zealots usually leave with me a bad impression.... I figure if someone has to degrade everyone else's OS to make their own look better, it probably has some dire shortcomings...I like to let the OS do the talking for itself.

And it's nice to see an artist who enjoys drawing less-than-mainstream OS-tans :)

iDarbert

Quote from: "Bella"And it's nice to see an artist who enjoys drawing less-than-mainstream OS-tans :)
More like a mission, I haven't drawn a single Windows-tan yet  ;174
OK I lied, I did drew some Me-tans in the past ;146 when I still didn't know how to draw properly... the OS-tan phenomenom is what got me into manga/anime style actually, I had a completely different way to draw before.

But that's the past, now I want to make the Apples shine among the other OS-tans... or die trying (of old age).
Ahem, nevermind... thanks for the warm welcoming everyone.

Bella

QuoteMore like a mission, I haven't drawn a single Windows-tan yet
OK I lied, I did drew some Me-tans in the past when I still didn't know how to draw properly... the OS-tan phenomenom is what got me into manga/anime style actually, I had a completely different way to draw before.

I actually didn't draw a lot of manga/anime style artwork until I discovered OS-tans, either, although I had done some (mostly Pokemon) fanart in the past.

QuoteBut that's the past, now I want to make the Apples shine among the other OS-tans... or die trying (of old age).
Ahem, nevermind... thanks for the warm welcoming everyone.

Oooh, it's great to see a fan of alternative OS-tans. I myself have gravitated toward designing vintage and antique OS-tans, cause I enjoy researching OS history...

Smokey

Ah Bella-sama. I completely forgot your affection with Mac OS-es...

But, ahh, vintage is still, and always will be the best, for they are genesis...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Bella

Oh now, I love XP, Linux, OS X, though personal experience, as well as VMS, OS/2, Unix, Multics, Amiga and just about everything else...what can I say? I love love. :P