Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Don't tempt me...
I am the (now official) King of off-topic randomness... :D

By the way, welcome, not from a Mac-ist, but a Vintage-geek... (Macs are for artists, not for mad "scientists") ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Aurora Borealis

The times have really changed. Back in the day when I started posting we didn't have pokéballs used to capture other members! HA HA HAHAHAHAHA! I've been in the wild all these years!! Can't catch me!!

And of course welcome to all new members!

*runs off*

Quote from: "iDarbert"Hi there, iDarbert checking in after a while of lurking (thanks for keeping all the areas open for unregistered visitors by the way, especially the picture gallery) and becoming interested to the comunity.

As the name implies, I'm a Mac enthusiast, though I've given up the evangelist role years ago, started making people switch to the Mac as soon as I stopped bothering them, go figure.

Anyway I also happen to be some kind of artist, so I may as well contribute to the nice fandom around here.

*quickly returns*

A Mac enthusiast? Me too! Me too! *jumps up and down excitedly* Oh oh! How long have you been a Mac user and what Mac OSes have you used? :D

There are now actually quite a few Mac-tans now! There is now one for each major release of the Mac OS!

*runs off*

NejinOniwa

HEY! STOP THERE! A rare Aurora-tan, MUST be caught at all costs!
*chase*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

A HUNT!!! A HUNT!!! *grabs trenq-gun and joins in the chase* YEEEEE-HAWWWW!!!!!!
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

iDarbert

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"A Mac enthusiast? Me too! Me too! *jumps up and down excitedly* Oh oh! How long have you been a Mac user and what Mac OSes have you used? :D
I think it was during the summer of 2003 when I purchased a eMac running Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, I later update it to Panther when it came out, then I bought the iMac G5 and sampled the mediocrity of it's processor, and moved onto the Core 2 Duo iMac towards ultimate computing nirvana.
Or something like that so I've been through OS9 (came with the eMac - but I didn't really use it that much), Jaguar, Panther, Tiger and finally Leopard.

QuoteThere are now actually quite a few Mac-tans now! There is now one for each major release of the Mac OS!
There are, but nobody seems to be actually drawing much more pictures, even on the japanese image uploaders you can barely see new content that isn't that creepy leopard-kun thing in the adult gallery.

I draw massive ammounts of them myself, but they don't really go that far now that I've also left deviantart and my obscure personal gallery is yet to be restored (Cyberduck be damned).

NejinOniwa

QuoteThere are, but nobody seems to be actually drawing much more pictures, even on the japanese image uploaders you can barely see new content that isn't that creepy leopard-kun thing in the adult gallery.
You speak massive truth, mah boi. It is seriose business, and it is sad.
And what's up with damn leopard-kun anyway!?

Dos

Hi welcome iDarbert it nice to meet you if you Aurora Borealis agin let me know so i can caught  him.
-Dos, Meow
"...and these children that you spit on,
as they try to change their worlds are
immune to your consultations.  They\'re
quite aware of what they\'re going through...
                                       - David Bowie"
Well it nice to meet now i have to go now
speak softly but carry a big stick

today is a summer service day, today is a summer service day, lets all go together to the blue blue sea, beach volleyball smashing watermelons it\'ll be so much fun we\'ll never leave. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh" *head bobbles like an idiot*
believe in me, who believes in you

iDarbert

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"
QuoteThere are, but nobody seems to be actually drawing much more pictures, even on the japanese image uploaders you can barely see new content that isn't that creepy leopard-kun thing in the adult gallery.
You speak massive truth, mah boi. It is seriose business, and it is sad.
And what's up with damn leopard-kun anyway!?
I have no idea, probably the same kind of yaoi storm that created homeko and his delirious and not quite masculine adventures.

But at least homeko had some kind of style, that leopard kid is just plain creepy.

Smokey

It's the Internet, where the twisted minds lurk, who have a lot of time to kill (that and a lot of decency... :D)
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chazzie

Oh my. =3=

A ... Mac enthusiast.

... Pleasure... to meet you.

Only kidding. I may hate macs, but I welcome you wholeheartedly. C:

Smokey

Don't be a hater... Be a non-user... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

iDarbert

Who cares? It's actually more amusing to hear what Mac-haters have to say :D
EDIT: Plus, Mac fanatics can be pretty annoying...

Aherm, thanks for the welcome.

NejinOniwa

PROTIP FOR TRUTH: All fanatics are either annoying, scary or just plain funny for being so silly and crazy. >:3

I can't say I really appreciate that particular piece of software either, but it's got a certain charm to it, somehow. A small one, though.

iDarbert

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"PROTIP FOR TRUTH: All fanatics are either annoying, scary or just plain funny for being so silly and crazy. >:3
Yeah but some Mac fans have that little "something" that makes them stand aside :D

QuoteI can't say I really appreciate that particular piece of software either, but it's got a certain charm to it, somehow. A small one, though.
You really start apreciating that when you actually use it, that's why I stopped telling people about Macs, either you try one yourself or you can't really tell what's different.

But anyway, OS-tans should be bringing all us together, shouldn´t they?  ;003

Smokey

For me, the thing that killed all my interest in Mac was that gawdawful iMac, I mean how bad do you want to make a computer look!? And they followed up with an even uglier one!!!!
Thanks Fedora-sama