Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Oooh, how Vyle.  Welcome!  ^__^

NejinOniwa

...i hope he/she(/it? ;013 ) doesn't taste as bad as it sounds.....

<.<
>.>
>.<

*bursts into frantic laughter*

Gah...that pun was just too bad, even for me.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NewYinzer

Welcome Vyle and Emi! I wish I had more to say...

CaptBrenden

this thread kinda gives me an AA kinda feeling

"hi, im _____ and im an os-tanaholic"

Everyone else: "hi ____"
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

brougeXP22

lol hello to all new members (since my last welcome). i really need to log on more often ^^;

NewYinzer

Hi, I'm NewYinzer and I'm an os-tanaholic!

NejinOniwa

Hi, I'm Nejin Oniwa and I'll be going north tomorrow to SPANK THE BRAINS OUT O' THE SPEED LIMITS, REAL HARD!!! OOOOOH YEEAAHHH!!!!!! ;006  ;006  ;006

...erhm...just wanted to say that. ^-^; So I'll be gone from here for a week...will i survive?  ;013  Question is, though, whether or not i will survive racing down a frigging slope at 200k or more, so let's just hope i don't do the ME while i'm there (crash. boom.)...

er......oh and also, i'm an OS-tanaholic. And haruhiist. A little. Or...much. Depends. *continues pointless rant for too long to be able to put it in this post*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Jereath

Ni hao! Call me Jereath (J-tan, preference) and no, it's just my alias.

I'm just a typical average Chinese that is living in the Khatulistiwa equator! So it's sunny all year round! For the past 17 years, I haven't even touched snow! I'm quite pale if you compare me to my friends despite the scorching sun all year round. I have black silky hair, average height of 170cm (hoping to reach that height soon ^^;) and I don't know what else to say!

I love Japanese Animation as well as Computer Graphic but my artistic value is near to zero. No talent for art! However, greatly interested and will fascinate other's people arts! I only know the basic of Photoshop so I can only make simple avatars as well as signatures.

Some of you may have this particular question of "How you came across this forum?"

Well, it's simple to guess. Like I said, I love pictures and animes so I somehow came across this forum by browsing one of my usual graphic site which lead me to the Wiki's OS-tan definition. Then through the external link which you can find it and the bottom page of Wiki.

Feel free to ask anything that I can answer.

Kami-Tux

Hi, welcome to this forum. It is no problem not to have much skill concerning drawing, only a few people here actively draw Os-tans. But in case you want to try, I would recommend inkscape or similar vector-based programs. Using GIMP or Photoshop is rather difficult if you want Bezier curves.

Oh BTW: Could you please look into the Linux0.12+VM-thread to help me on RedFlag-tan?

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Jereath

Hello Kami-Tux!

It will be good if you can list out all the vector based programs.

Sorry but I got no idea what is Linux0.12+VM-thread. It will ease me if you can provide a link or something.

Kami-Tux

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Welcome Jereath!  ^v^
Touche, I'm also an avid vector graphics user.  ^__^

I recommend only Inkscape since that's what we use, it's free, fully featured, easy to learn AND now comes with blurring effects. ^.^

www.inkscape.org

If you're interested in other programs, you can check the full listing here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vector_graphics_editors

But then if you use something else, we won't be able to help ya out as much.  ^v^;

In any case, let's discuss more on that Linux thread.  ^.^

Speaking of which, you described yourself in detail, but left out the most important detail for this forum:  Which OS (or OSes) do you use?  ^v^'

NewYinzer

Welcome Jereath! It's nice to know that the Chinese government has not blocked our site! Feel free to enjoy the forums, browse the gallery, and download from the download section!

C-Chan

I have more to worry about my workplace blocking this site, ya know.  So please please PLEASE try to keep this SFW.  -v-'

OTGX

EmiOfBrie
Vyle
Jereath (for me three years ago 173 cm, two years ago 170 cm and 2006
175 cm, this year don't know yet) "175 cm + 56 kg = thin" -_-

Welcome and nice to you three. Enjoy! ^__^