Previous topic - Next topic

icerain

I want another riddle. ^_^
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Red-Machine

Okay, here's another:

"Until I am measured, I am not known, yet how you miss me
when I have flown."
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Aurora Borealis

Red-Machine

Lol, yes.  I'll look for some more.

Added after 43 minutes:

Okay, here's another:

"If you break me, I do not stop working. If you touch me,
I may be snared. If you lose me, nothing will matter."

icerain

That's a hard one. How about my riddle I think it's easy.
So once there was a girl who got trapped by some bunnies. xD sthen she was in this room with a window. her friend was in the other cell and she has language that can only be used when the guards switch- 9:30. So theres a bell that rings after every hour, theres a cute dog with consistent heartbeat and she can hear it and her dinner is passed at 7:00. She knows all of this. So how does she know when to say the message.
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Red-Machine

Well, it would help if we knew if it was 9:30am or 9:30pm!

If it's pm:
She waits until her dinner is served then after two chimes of the bell and 1,800 beats of the dog's heart (assuming it beats once per second), she relays the message.

If it's am:
She waits until her dinner is served then after 14 chimes of the bell and 1,800 beats of the dog's heart (assuming it beats once per second), she relays the message.

VonDaab

Chocofreak13

she screams it till it gets across. :]

another one bites the dust!!:

ME and Kyourou-kun (MACOS9-kun) can be compared to what classical work of literature?
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Love Hina.

:V

Added after 1 minutes:

NOW FOR A PIRATTLERIDDLE!

You are downloading nothing, you are seeding nothing, yet your browsing speed is almost nothing. What are you doing wrong?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"
ME and Kyourou-kun (MACOS9-kun) can be compared to what classical work of literature?
"Romeo and Juliet"!

Their love seems to be a forbidden love since there are so many others that get in the way of their relationship.

As for Nejin's riddle: Your internet connection is either not working at all or you're using dial-up.

NejinOniwa

WRONG

You're using PeerGuardian and you've got HTML blocking on...meaning you doubletriplecheck every single IP adress you try to connect to, and block half of them, turning your browsing into a bloody mess.

NEXT

What's the lifetime expectancy of an average human, MEASURED IN LIGHTYEARS?
(yes, there is a seriose approach to this question -w-)

IanDanKilmaster

The only answer I can come up with is that the lightyear is a measure of distance, not time.

Sorry, no riddle of my own... I thought I'd try my hand at answering that one.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Happy 666th post btw, mah boi. -w-

Added after 49 seconds:

Also no, that's wrong, obviously. -w-
You need to think a bit harder on this one! Reshape it a bit, and it'll sound just right.

Red-Machine

Is that how many lightyears a human can travel in one lifetime?

If that is so, then the number's gonna be like 3 or something.

Smokey

No, since a light-year is the distance that light travels in a vacuum in one Julian year (in case you're wondering what a Julian year is; 365.25 days of 86,400 SI seconds each, totalling 31,557,600 seconds)...
although a lightyear sounds like a huge distance it's just ~1/3 parsec.
Anyways, since we know that the definition of lightspeed (when measuring a lightyear) is 299,792,458 m/s, we can calculate how far light travels in a year (31,557,600 x 299,792,458 / 100) = 9,460,730,472,580.8 KM. so we now assume that your human is averaging 5KM/H, we can calculate how many  (or how big a fraction of a ) lightyear a human lasts...
A human would traverse a lightyear (with an average speed of 5KM/H) in 215,850,569,76 Julian years... We know that a human doesn't live that long, so we'll have this human live 90 Julian years. So we'll calculate what the distance is in that lifespan...
A human could traverse (with said speed of 5KM/H) a distance of 3,944,700KM wich is 1/2398339,664th of a lightyear...

Therefore the average life-expectancy of a human, measured in lightyears is 1/2398339,664...

Added after 2 minutes:

BTW, Red_Machine... If a human could traverse 3 Lightyears, he would reach a respectable and record-breaking age of 647,551,709,28 Julian years...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^