Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Kraus

Just got back from my visit up to Slippery Rock to visit a friend, fun stuff but now I am quite tired~

Nichi

Well, today's gotten off to an interesting start. Seems my boss' husband got into a wreck and is now in the hospital, and a building downtown burned down overnight .__.;

stewartsage

Gotta work six days this week.  Woo.  On the other hand I found a bunch of really great photos from the O. Winston Link collection.

Bella

>Learns about school literature club, says I'll consider joining
>Instructor tells me I'll only have to read student submitted short stories and vote whether I want to see them published at the end of the school year
>Sounds easy and fun so I go ahead and sign up
>Reads first story: Mind-breakingly wangsty story about a girl getting into a car wreck in which her fiance dies and she nearly succumbs to her injuries out in the woods.
>Reads second story: Nuclear power plants all around the world simultaneously explode and plunge the earth into a Fallout-style nuclear postapocalyptic hellscape, lots of art major physics & medicine, wangsty dead mother and sister backstory, gory protagonist suicide via hunting knife.
>Reads third story: Divorced 40something man goes to a strip club. Uncomfortably detailed descriptions of gyrating hips and which strippers are "womanly" vs. "girlish". Meets one of his daughter's 19 year old friends who is now a drug-dependant stripper. She seduces him and admits she's had a thing for him ever since she was a little girl. He is conflicted over what his boner wants to do and what he knows is right. He ends up trying to help her by driving her home, but he ends up backing over her with his SUV, putting her into a coma. It's implied that she'll never wake up.
>I'VEMADEATERRIBLEMISTAKE.GIF

Nichi

@Bella: I'd drop out of that club if I were you .____.;
To reference my stories, those make Dogwood Chronicles look as lighthearted as Joey's Adventures in Video Games

Aside from my stomach being screwed up, tonight went decently

LeaflameSD

Quote from: stewartsage on September 28, 2013, 05:54:27 PM
Gotta work six days this week.
What the hell?
I misread that as "gorilla sex".

Bella

Somebody needs new glasses. 0__0

@Pent: Trust me, I'm considering it. But tbh, I've always wondered how my writing skills stack up to other people in my age range, and this is a good way to find out.

Judging by what I've read so far, I'm above-average (so are you, and essentially everyone else on OSC). So there's that.

Nichi

That's good to know :3

Also, on an unrelated note, part of me wants to take the shell to a PowerMac G3 and convert it into some sort of refrigerated apple juice fountain -w-;

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Bella on September 29, 2013, 10:56:41 AM
Somebody needs new glasses. 0__0
Which is why I'm getting them this week :)

Nichi

@Leaf: Nice ^^
I need new glasses ^^;

So, I walked down to the building that burned down yesterday, and took a picture of it. I'll post it later

Chocofreak13

what the fuck is wrong with your school, bells.

last night: the fair, as usual, was NOICE. CHOOOOIIIICE. LOVERLY. getting there was bad, though, and getting back was far worse. on the way home i spent about 20-30 minutes out of a car window. every time i tried to come in my mum yelled at me. i was already catching something before the fair and now i feel in full-blown sick mode. ><;

today: for some reason i forgot to post this last night. odd....

we went to the flume today. it was nice, but super-exahusting. my sister actually got so tired that she had to let claire take over for her driving and she fell asleep in the car for a few times. now, i eat banquet and watch svu like they are filet mignon and the fucking gospel. =w=;

@leaf: post pics. :0
@bells: want me to provide a writing sample for your school? i'll make it as dirty as possible, i promise. -w-
@pent: post toooast :00
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

I hate it when I walk outside and someone randomly throws a fridge at me.

Nichi

@Leaf: At least you don't have a clown throw a pie in your face the instant you step outside on a Monday ^^;

Chocofreak13

@both of you: yeah, well at least when you guys step outside NATURE DOESN'T GET IN YOUR EYE

EVERY
FRICKEN
TIME
click to make it bigger