Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Bella: I know the feeling. I was quite irritated when the local theater dropped Skyfall in favor of Twilight on the weekend I planned to see it >_<;;
They did bring it back about 2 weeks later, at least; as I finally got to see it

Bella

@Kraus: Ahh, I see. :3

I've always loved the Lain OP, you should make a recording if you have the chance. :)

@Pent: It's so disappointing! Because there are so few movies I actually want to see and even fewer I wanna see on the big screen, so when one comes along I try to jump on it. But it's notoriously difficult for me to do so, since I barely ever have access to cars in the summer, and the closest theaters are 30-45 minutes away. I mean, shit, I still haven't seen the final Harry Potter movie, and I'd been watching those in theaters since they first debuted (so like 1999 or 2000 or so?). >:C

Dad has been trying to get his car fixed, inspected and registered over the last few days ... that fucking tin can ALWAYS has about 5 major mechanical issues every damned year before inspection and he ends up driving it around illegally for half the summer since it always costs a couple grand to fix. Hopefully it'll be done today - we were gonna go to Concord earlier, but the car still wasn't repaired. Annnnd dad just tried to back out of going to Concord after dangling that trip like a carrot on a stick for the last two weeks.

Sorry for the rant OSC but y'all literally have no idea how annoying it is to be strained at home without a car or any nearby friends who could conceivably drive you places, promised a trip someplace you rarely get to visit ~two weeks in advance~ and then have your own father try to back out of it at the last minute.

Nichi

I know the feeling. My mom often likes to back out on plans at the last minute, and was even worse about it before I was able to drive; as she'd back out on going to Gamestop so I could trade in some stuff I went through the trouble of bringing with me, even if she was going to Wal-Mart anyway and the two are literally within walking distance of each other.
...also, there was the time she threatened to never ever let me set foot in that store ever again because sweet mother of Shigeru Miyamoto I wanted to use my store credit to get a new controller so I can play with my N64 again, instead of doing like what my sister suggested and saving up for a PS2. I'm so glad I can drive now; so I can go wherever I want without having to deal with mom approving or not :\

Also, found the root of the problem with the Spirit. Fuel pump is nearly dead; as dad and I tried to drive it around the block, only for it to die on me about 5 feet from the house. Still, at least we know what's wrong with it for sure. :\

stewartsage

I think my ice tea always sweats out the cold before I drink it.  Didn't think the house was that hot.

Nichi

That sucks :[

So, up later than I'd like. Stomach is messed up; likely from crappy pizza earlier :\

Chocofreak13

i hate cankersores, and even moreso when they're right on the edge of your lip so you can't pretend they're not there in all their jellyfish-stingy glory. ><;
click to make it bigger

Bella

My stomach has been acting up all freakin' week so I feel your pain Pent. I just hope I'm not turning lactose intolerant or something. :(

@Kari: Ugh, those are the worse! A couple years back I accidentally bit the inside of my lip and cut myself, and I began obsessively poking at it with my tongue and long story short I ended up rubbing a fairly large area raw and it didn't heal for the longest time because I couldn't help but repeatedly re-injure it. :(

@Genpop: Yesterday at the mall I had my fingers sized by a person at a department store jewelry counter, 'cause I've been looking at some rings online but couldn't actually properly gauge my own ring size at home. (Every time I tried to measure them I came up with a different size). My index, middle and ring fingers are supposedly size 6, 5 1/2 and 5 respectively, but I'm having trouble believing my ring finger is 5 because ... damn, that's really small! My fingers aren't that small, are they? Anyway long story short I'm probably going to have my fingers sized YET AGAIN because i'm in so much disbelief and I feel like an idiot over it but w/e.

Nichi

You can turn lactose intolerant? I never knew that

LeaflameSD

Quote from: PentiumMMX on August 01, 2013, 09:33:35 AM
@Bella: I know the feeling. I was quite irritated when the local theater dropped Skyfall in favor of Twilight on the weekend I planned to see it >_<;;
>Dropping a James Bond movie for a Twilight movie
>Twilight
>Vampire romance
>Over action

Well... looks like I'm going to throw up tonight.

Nichi

Chocofreak13

lactose intolerance actually gets pretty common as people get older. the body no longer has the need for milk that it once did, and thus stops being able to process it properly. since it's diagnosed symptomatically, having it can be pretty easy to tell. i believe it is also possible to be partially intolerant; for example, milk makes me sick, but cheese doesn't. and ice cream is hit-and-miss.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kraus: That sucks :[

@Kari: Didn't know that
I learned stuff! YAY!

stewartsage

Protip: Bell's fingers are tiny and corpse like.  Seriously, I'm gonna start calling her the Rhode Island Vampire Scare.

Climax crew are here again this weekend.  Still not awfully thrilled.

Gosh, everyone's having medical problems.

I'm not allowed to talk about driving because it sends my brother into fits of rage because I've never had an accident, luckily, while he's had two and in his considered opinion I'm a terrible driver.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on August 02, 2013, 07:20:25 PM
Protip: Bell's fingers are tiny and corpse like.  Seriously, I'm gonna start calling her the Rhode Island Vampire Scare.

I narrowly avoided becoming a lot more corpse-like when I read this BECAUSE I LAUGHED SO HARD I CHOKED ON SOME BEANS.

You don't seem like a bad driver. At all. Where did he get that idea from?

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 02, 2013, 05:37:15 PM
lactose intolerance actually gets pretty common as people get older. the body no longer has the need for milk that it once did, and thus stops being able to process it properly. since it's diagnosed symptomatically, having it can be pretty easy to tell. i believe it is also possible to be partially intolerant; for example, milk makes me sick, but cheese doesn't. and ice cream is hit-and-miss.

Oh god. I didn't know that ... now I have something else to be afraid of. Quite a few people on my mom's side are / were lactose intolerant to boot.

[Edited at the request of Kraus]

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: PentiumMMX on August 02, 2013, 06:13:08 PM
@Kraus: That sucks :[

Quote from: Bella on August 02, 2013, 07:44:49 PM
Don't feel bad, everyone makes mistakes. At least he took it alright. :/

So I told my dad and he wanted to look at my car's damage, I was in to much of a panic to actually look at mine and have a good look at his.

Guess what my dad and I found on my car? Nothing. Absolutely nothing that indicated impact, also because my car is the newest model the bumper would have dislodged itself from the car's body if a impact that the guy showed me had happened (thank you based Ford).

The guy called me asking about the money only a couple of moments ago and my dad went ballistic on him because he didn't want to trade insurance info and claimed to have a witness, while I have three including myself (younger brother and his friend were in the car).

Just a precaution, I'm going to delete my previous post now. Bella, if you could remove the quote of me that would be most appreciated!

I guess I met a swindler for the first time today, at least I learned something new.