Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I'm back home now, and finally got some sleep after a long trek home (Didn't help that traffic was heavy due to a concert). While I enjoyed my trip, I'm glad to be back home; my cat missed me

Also, it's totally not weird in the slightest that I hugged 2k-tan the Desktop when I got home >_>;

Krizonar

Quote from: PentiumMMX on June 17, 2012, 09:22:53 AMmy cat missed me
somewhere deep in their hearts, cats love their human servants.

Chocofreak13

i know olive loved me. ;v;
click to make it bigger

svx

What does Siri do if you meow at it?  :p

Nichi

So, I'm typing this from my iPod Touch. It can access the full version of the site, and it's a lot easier to type on compared to that junky, generic smart phone I had. I like it :3

Chocofreak13

i've heard that the ipod touch can't access the internet without an internet connection, unlike the iphone which can access the internet using cell towers. is this true? :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yep. You need Wifi for internet access on iPod Touch

Chocofreak13

good to know. glad my sister offered me her iphone 4 when she upgrades to the 5 this winter.
click to make it bigger

Bella

I wish i had some sort of smartphone/tablet/netbook.

As it stands I'm thinking about lugging my 10+lb, 7-year old herpderpy slow HP on my trip, just so i have something to do during that hellacious 8 hour train ride. >>;;;;;;;;

Nichi

If I lived closer to you, I'd let you borrow Sara for the trip. She runs Leopard :3

Chocofreak13

how old is the HP? i'm curious.

as for the smartphone, it's still tenative since it's half a year away (she hasn't said anything in the negative, but i'm not going to get my hopes too high given past experiences), but as she said, it was either her or our friend maggie, and she knows i'll get more use out of it.
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 17, 2012, 06:46:52 PM
i've heard that the ipod touch can't access the internet without an internet connection
complete hax

I have my iPhone 4S and a 2nd gen iPod shuffle I found and synced to Cheetah, I used to own an iPad 1 but I don't anymore since I sold it to my parents.

Paul

sorry for my week-long absence, but I just had finals today.... AND I PASSED THEM!!!!!!!

Nichi

Bella

Congrats, Paul. ^^

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 17, 2012, 08:40:21 PM
how old is the HP? i'm curious.

Circa November 2005, so, nearly 7yo.

1.someGhZ AMD Sempron, 256mb RAM, 60gb HDD, runs Windows XP (jussssssst barely, see: 256mb RAM) makes sweet blender noises whilst running, and the power input is a little wonky, so I usually have to like, tape the AC adapter fitting in there. 

Aside from all those points it's a fine computer and still works........... as well as it possibly can?