Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

gallbladder pains in your shoulder? damn man. xD

as for pains, well, my back has been hurting near-constantly for over a decade, so yeah. i had an upset tummy yesterday, but i had some mint tea and felt better. which was surprising, considering i think the cream i used in the tea was expired. .___.;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm. All it took for me to feel better was some lemon juice :3

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

That's how I am. I get my power from citrus fruits -w-

Bella

My grandmother once punished me by making me drink straight lemon juice........

Nichi

:\

I occasionally drink straight lemon juice, when I want to wake myself up (Works better than coffee IMO), or if my stomach is messed up (I don't know what it is, but it helps)

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Bella on June 03, 2012, 06:09:38 PM
My grandmother once punished me by making me drink straight lemon juice........

jeez, that sounds like child abuse, tbh. punishments should never involve food or drink, imo, unless it's being sent to bed without dinner/dessert. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

Uh, no, since 1) It was only a couple of tablespoons, maybe? and 2) I ENJOYED IT/ACTUALLY DRANK MORE THAN SHE GAVE ME. (Which annoyed her since lemon juice is expensiveasfuck.)

Also I really hate hearing "child abuse" banded about for things that really, really aren't abusive, like mild spankings for misbehavior, when there are so many children in the world who ARE being brutalized and AREN'T being helped. Calling every punishment/societal restriction on the rights of children "child abuse" is really annoying and insulting to the victims of real abuse.

Speaking of which.... I saw a SRS tumblr post last night about why OH MY GOD EAR PIERCINGS ON UNDER-12-YO-CHILDREN IS CHILD ABUSE/ENDANGERMENT/LOCK THEIR PARENTS UP FOR ASSSSSSSSSSSAULT!!!!!!!!

And like, SO MANY PEOPLE WERE IN AGREEMENT. And people who disagreed were fighting with them. I was able to capture a video of the altercation:

And then after reading all the comments, I was like:

ERRRRGH, YOU PEOPLE ARE FUCKTARDS.

Chocofreak13

calm the fuck down, man. seriously.

i didn't say it was, i said it SOUNDED LIKE child abuse. but then, i've heard stories about children being forced to drink hot sauce till they puked.

food shouldn't be a punishment is what i was getting at. chill the fuck out.
click to make it bigger

Bella

....I am calm. Why does everyone think I'm upset about things when I'm not? And then fail to notice when I'm actually upset at something? ._______.;;;

Chocofreak13

the MASSIVE AMOUNT OF CAPSLOCK combined with the

is misleading, i suppose.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Oh, no, the capslocks/GIFs were aimed at the douchewads who want to make ear-piercing on children a felony offense.

I mean, I can understand the argument that it's maybe not the most ethically-sound idea to get somebody pierced if they're not old enough to consent to it, but I've never met a person who had their ears pierced as a baby/toddler and was torn up about it as an adult..... I just don't see how anyone could consider it child endangerment/abuse unless the ear piercing is done in an unsanitary environment or ends up causing a serious infection or something of the like.

Chocofreak13

i had my ears pierced at 13-14? (i honestly don't remember when, lol, but it was around early middle school), and it hurt for about an hour. the cleaning solution stung a little, but you only have to use that for 2 weeks after. and even then, if the kid doesn't want them, all they have to do is not wear earrings and the holes will close. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

My sister never had her ears pierced because, as she put it, "having something dangling from my earlobes would drive me crazy"

As for me, I just don't like needles, so it's something I'm unlikely to do ^_^;

Chocofreak13

just close your eyes.

as for your sister, she doesn't HAVE to get danglies. but it's her call. :\
click to make it bigger