Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

eh, idk what it was. it could also be that i was taking better care of myself nutritionally. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

in that case,

COME ON WORLD, I'M BREAKFAST!!
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I remember shouting that before I charged into battle against a mob of monsters in PSO ages ago xD

Paul

I somehow can't imagine a life without health insurance... maybe because here everybody has it (it's paid through taxes).
One thing I don't understand: what happens when you get really seriously ill (say AIDS or leukemia)? Do they just let you rot away if you don't have health insurance / money for the treatment?

Something completely different: can someone here please give me some advice on how to concentrate properly? I've got a huge bunch of stuff I need to study for the oral final exams, yet I always get extremely easily distracted when studying...

Nichi

@Paul: For more severe stuff, I'm not sure

As for concentration, stare at a carton of orange juice. It tells you to "concentrate" on the side -w-

Red-Machine

Can I just say one thing?

God bless the NHS.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Paul

@Pent: No more orange juice! It's all we have at home at the moment and I'm getting sick of it xD

NejinOniwa

Grab your choice of weapon or a sufficiently long stick, go out into the woods and do a few swings, preferably in form. Don't mind if you look like some idiot reenacting a bad fight scene from Star Wars (preferably nobody else is around to watch you anyway). Give it an hour or half, don't tire yerself out too much. Return with adrenaline and motivation.

SWEDISH STYYYYLE
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Paul

@Nej: That sounds like a good idea, I'll try it :D

Bella

Quote from: Paul on May 31, 2012, 01:56:22 PMOne thing I don't understand: what happens when you get really seriously ill (say AIDS or leukemia)? Do they just let you rot away if you don't have health insurance / money for the treatment?

That's a really big problem in the US. A lot of (private) insurance companies will refuse to pay for peoples' medical treatment if they become seriously ill, claiming that it was a preexisting condition or whatever. The Dems are trying to make those practices illegal, but there's been nothing but resistance from the Republicans. (Since they care more about corporations/businesses than human beings and all.) :Z

I'm not sure how it works with government-funded insurance/healthcare ... I suspect it varies state-to-state. When my mom became seriously ill and my family couldn't pay for her treatment, it was pretty much impossible to qualify for medicare in Florida ... but we moved to NH, and she got approved right away. That was so long ago that I barely remember the details, though.

Paul

Quote from: Bella on May 31, 2012, 03:50:58 PM
That's a really big problem in the US. A lot of (private) insurance companies will refuse to pay for peoples' medical treatment if they become seriously ill, claiming that it was a preexisting condition or whatever. The Dems are trying to make those practices illegal, but there's been nothing but resistance from the Republicans. (Since they care more about corporations/businesses than human beings and all.) :Z

This is absolutely terrible! How can politicians (who should do their best for the citizens) quite literally shit on the faces of their voters? And why the heck are (many) people stupid enough to vote for those obviously totally crazy Republicans?

Nichi

Rednecks who hate any sort of change whatsoever. I'd further elaborate on how the general populous of my shithole of a hometown seems to be from a political standpoint, but because I don't want this to turn into a political debate, I'll just leave it at that

Bella

Rednecks =/= Republicans

Republicans =/= rednecks

It's a really complex issue, but I think the majority of people who support the Republicans do so because of their economic message - they tend to make a lot of promises about lessening government intervention in business, lowering taxes, and other things they say will stimulate the economy. As for why they keep getting into power ... well ... the American public seems to have a painfully short memory span when it comes to elected officials. After 4 or 8 years of a Republican president, there's usually a huge backlash, and a Dem gets elected next time. After a term or two with a Democrat, people are dissatisfied with the lack of progress and vote in a Republican again ... same goes for Congress and the Senate.

Nichi

I guess you do have a point. I honestly need therapy to get over the 20+ years I've been trapped in a shithole town >_>;;