Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I will be up there all week from June 9th to the 16th :3

Bella

Speaking of which, any idea what day you might come up here so I can start planning?

Nichi

You'll have to talk to Kari on that; all I know so far is that we plan on, in order, going to visit you, going to the beach, and then going to Boston, with no dates set for anything yet

Bella

I see.

So apparently Moxie is a rare commodity in Central NH.... after spending five minutes searching the Wal-Mart soda section for it, I found a lone box, buried at the very back of a bottom shelf. Right as I pulled it out this old man down the aisle announced that he was looking for Moxie too, which made me feel sad about getting the last one. Later on in checkout a couple of teenagers asked me where I'd found it because they were looking for it too. .__.;;

Also, today at lunch i met a person with really interesting eyes ... they were honest-to-goodness gold. I wanted to compliment them, but I'm sure she gets that a lot... ^^;

Nichi

What is Moxie? ^_^;;

Cockleshell

Moxie is so yucky ;_; damn my northern tastebuds
My eyes are truly, literally pitch black. Even when you shine light into them, you can only make out the faintest of brown, and you can't see my pupils at all. Ever. I could be hopped up on drugs and you'd never know it due to how black my eyes are.
edit: i might be stupid, i always thought Moxie was a southern thing.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 23, 2012, 05:40:49 PM
What is Moxie? ^_^;;

IT IS ELIXIR OF THE GODS.

Actually, it's a brand of soda that originated in Maine in 1876 and was billed as a cure-all nerve-tonic. Its popularity declined in the 1930s and has remained something of a specialty drink ever since. It's known for its strange, bitter-sweet taste that's difficult to pin down (my taste buds detect high levels of ginger), being the originator of the noun "moxie", and having a fervent fan-following, especially in New England and Pennsylvania. It's also the state drink of Maine!

Quote from: Cockleshell on May 23, 2012, 05:55:36 PM
Moxie is so yucky ;_; damn my northern tastebuds
My eyes are truly, literally pitch black. Even when you shine light into them, you can only make out the faintest of brown, and you can't see my pupils at all. Ever. I could be hopped up on drugs and you'd never know it due to how black my eyes are.

I don't have a high tolerance for very sweet things, I think that's why I like Moxie (and coffee, black chocolate, and green tea...) so much.

That's really interesting. : o My dad and nephew have really dark brown eyes too, though I ended up with olive-green eyes (probably from my mom's side of the family).

Nichi

Sounds good. I'm adding that to my list of "things to try during my trip", alongside birch beer :3

Cockleshell

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 23, 2012, 06:02:23 PM
Sounds good. I'm adding that to my list of "things to try during my trip", alongside birch beer :3
BIRCH BEER IS THE BEST THING TO GRACE THE EARTH
DOWN IT LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

NejinOniwa

Anything that contains "beer" is right out for me...

Mead is fine, however!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Cockleshell

Quote from: NejinOniwa on May 23, 2012, 08:39:08 PM
Anything that contains "beer" is right out for me...

Mead is fine, however!
I will punch you if you dislike root beer floats. The good kind with shredded vanilla bean, fresh homemade ice cream, and natural local-made root beer. My body was happy that day.

Chocofreak13

i've tried floats but they don't appeal to me. when i drink soda i expect something clear.

@trip dates: pent, you've got it backwards. first is the trip to the scary north, which will be tuesday. wednesday is boston, since the art museum is free that day. and thursday is the beach.
@cockle: dude, we should meet up with you on that wednesday or something. any way you can ride the T into the city or something? maybe convince your parents to go to the museum or fine arts since it's free on wednesday nights? :\
@eyes: mine are amber. i say amber vs hazel because there's no hint of green in there, and they turn yellow in the sunlight.
also, though i didn't glimpse her eyes, i once sat behind someone i believed to be albino on the subway. her hair, eyebrows, and even eyelashes were a ethereal white. she was so beautiful, and i wanted to tell her, but she got off before me and was with someone, and i didn't want to sound like a creeper.
@moxie: my brother told me about it. i'm not sure why, but i remember something about it being made in lowell, so methinks there might be a plant there. i've never tried it but if it's bitter i probably won't like it. :\
@birch beer: i can't shake the feeling that i've tried this before, and it was good. but i don't really recall.

as for regional specialties, i'd say the only one i've really tried outside of (real) lobster would be maple candy. and maple syrup. tastes rich as hell, but it's gooo-oood. ^^
click to make it bigger

Bella

You guys are coming up here on Tuesday, then?

Chocofreak13

i still need to nail it down completely, but that's the plan right now, yes. i've been trying to drill it into my mum's head, and she's going along with it.
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Graaaaah...  I leave for work just a few days and 3 pages... OOOOOOOOOOOOBAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

Anyway, skimmed through the pages and a few things caught my eye...

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 18, 2012, 11:06:03 AM
So, I bought a Dreamcast today. It's working, was cheap, and is the color I always wanted >w<

Welcome brother![/liquid snake]

*whisks Penti away to clandestine operation in DC thread*

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 22, 2012, 01:38:18 PM
so guys, i just found out my grandpa died a week ago. not the one on my mum's side, i just saw him yesterday. the one on my dad's side that i had only met once but totally loved. a week ago, what the fuck!? ><;;

You have my condolences, Kari-chan.  It's not easy losing a loved one, sometimes even when you didn't know them that well.  Those first meetings can have a profound impact.  You can at least rest easy knowing he lived a full life - it's not something everyone gets the chance to do.

It's funny the topic of Valhalla came up as I just learned the other day that apparently General Patton possessed Norse beliefs about the afterlife.  That explained many, many things actually.

The Choice of a New Generation.