Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Kriz: Very nice ^_^

Chocofreak13

QUESTION

if you remember the 90's, what's the song that comes to mind for you when remembering?

(mine is "I'll Be Missing You" by Puff Daddy feat. Faith Evans and 112
runner up is "Believe" by Cher

and maybe 'Lithium' by Nirvana)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

For me, the big 3 are:
What is Love? -- Haddaway
MMMBop -- Hanson
There's Only One Way to Rock -- Sammy Hagar

I still remember fondly of, a few years ago, playing Doom while listing to the '90s station on satellite radio. Nothing like mowing down demons with a machine gun while MMMBop plays in the background xD

Runners up would be:
Hold My Hand -- Hootie & the Blowfish
One Headlight -- The Wallflowers

Chocofreak13

the last two were both good songs. :3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 16, 2012, 12:19:27 PMWhat is Love? -- Haddaway

Baby don't hurt me... don't hurt me... no more...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

woah-oh-oh-oah! woah-oh-oah! woah-oh!

*bobs head*
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Whoops y'all just lost the game
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Bella

Quote from: IanDanKilmaster on May 15, 2012, 10:09:54 PM
Quote from: Bella on May 15, 2012, 08:49:05 PM
Also, according to an online implicit association test created by Harvard, I have a "slight automatic preference for fat people (as compared to thin people)" and a "slight automatic preference for gay people (as compared to straight people)".

...but fat gay people are so annoying... they drink all your nice wines and fancy pastas... :/

Bwahahahaha.

I should note that I don't really think my bias is as much for gay people (specifically) as it is for non-heterosexual / non-heteronormative folks in general ... which I can only assume comes from being a non-hetero person myself and finding the entire "traditional heterosexual" life-cycle painfully unappealing (ie, I've never WANTED to date for the sake of dating, an opposite-sex partner specifically, to engage in serial monogamy until I find "the one", I've never felt the strong desire to get married, to have children [and actively dislike the thought of having kids with a mate], etc...)

I'm assuming the slight bias toward fat people comes from my family - most of my aunts and a fair portion of my cousins on my mum's side and my dad were/are on the heavy side so maybe this is what's given me a better impression of bigger folks (despite living in a culture where weight discrimination/shaming is rampant).

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 16, 2012, 12:02:57 PM
QUESTION

if you remember the 90's, what's the song that comes to mind for you when remembering?

I really don't know ... most of the music I was exposed to in the 90s sucked and I don't want to think about it. .__.

Chocofreak13

i never said it had to be good. i just said that "when you hear "the 90's", what song comes to mind?"
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

I instantly think this, but it's not exactly 90s...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JARax3VTPdQ
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

@Cockle: Well, one of the songs I named off was actually an '80s song, but I first heard it in the '90s ^_^;;

Chocofreak13

it's kind of a grey area....technically all the songs i mentioned came out in the 90's, but i suppose if it reminds you of the 90's it counts. though the songs i mentioned evoke ACTUAL memories. as in, i can't remember how many times i heard "I'll be Missin' You" (i hung out with my cousins a lot when i was a kid and they almost exclusively listened to rap).

AND I JUST REMEMBERED ONE THAT IS EVEN MORE POWERFUL THAN THAT.

the song i probably heard the most in the 90's was "Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)" by Pras feat. Ol' Dirty Bastard and Mya.

i sung the chorus to that song so many times as a kid. >w<
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Hmmm... that's really a tough call.  The nineties are not a time I very often remember fondly.  In fact, the majority of the music I heard for the first half of the decade was sh*tty music from Nashville (not all country is bad, mind you, but most of the stuff from Nashville is garbage), so it's pretty difficult to pin down a song that really defined the nineties for me.  So, the best I can recall (not saying this is the best band/song or whatever, just the one that stands out) is probably Push, and Matchbox 20 were definitely THE nineties band for me in terms of airplay, though.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

ooo, Matchbox 20. i listened to their stuff quite a bit back in the day (i still have some of their songs, but my mum and sister liked them, so it was spamed a bit. not that i complained, lol. xD). it says a lot that i knew the band name when i was young, considering i didn't really start paying attention to who was singing what till i got an ipod.
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

I just remembered another nineties group - The Offspring.

I think most people will remember
this one, but what about
this one?

I know I shouldn't, but I still really like that band.  Makes me wish I hadn't sold that copy of Splinter that I had... :/

The Choice of a New Generation.