Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on April 25, 2012, 10:26:26 PM
meaning you're transferring your data or you're abandoning the old nanami in favour of a new shell?
New shell, I'm just not a desktop person, I thought that after a year I'd get used to not being able to move when doing something, but nope, still don't like it.

And she will probably be turning into a Prostar/Malibal.

An alienware also seems to be possible.

Nichi

Sounds cool, although the name "Prostar" makes me think of an old cartoon from the early '90s; where a trio of popular sports stars where fighting crime with technologically advanced sports equipment xD

Stew should know what I'm talking about; as Linkara talked about it during a review a while back :3

stewartsage

Yes!  Disney Saturday Morning!

Why did that series exist?  Why!?

Chocofreak13

for the same reason Super Duper Sumo did. and for the same reason Wyld Grinders does now. though i've seen an episode of that show. and it doesn't completely suck.

also guys, forgot to mention, one of my books came today! may 14th my ass! >:3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Awesome ^_^

My book should be in within the next few weeks or so :3

Chocofreak13

cool. ^^

i miss olive. i really wish i could get moppet, since while i love fern and ghost, neither of them are 'mine'. :\
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

It's confirmed that Nanami will be turning into an Alienware.

Nichi

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Well, there is always that slight chance that something different will happen.

There's also the thing about selling the current one, does anyone want her? Selling for $1000, her components on newegg are collectively worth about $990.

Red-Machine

Kriz, that's not the way you do it.  You don't sell it for more than the parts are worth.  It's a used machine, so you can normally deduct about 20-30% off of its retail value.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

and even then, with a pricetag like that you already knocked at least three of us out of the running for it. :\

that cat i wanted isn't up anymore. hopefully she got adopted. >>;

also, bella, whenever you're around, come on skype. i'd like to know if you're going to be at haru matsuri tomorrow. :\
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I guess I'll haggle for $850, which is ironically about what I bought it for before I upgraded the case, ram and cpu. I also forgot to mention I'm including games with it, that's why my original price was its exact (not built or shipped) worth, I was giving away stuff with it. Didn't think to post that at 3 am.

I'm also not sure if I'd call a 4 month old machine used.

If no one buys her on  craigslist or anything, I suppose I'll be keeping her and not getting her changed into a laptop, lol.

Gaming computers are notoriously hard to sell it seems, even when there are systems worse than mine up for $300 more.

Nichi

True that; most gamers usually build something new instead of going secondhand

Chocofreak13

it's part of why most real 'gaming PCs' aren't on the market (the ones that are are cheap ones made by brands to try to appeal to a wider consumer market). the creators get attached to their creation. it's part of why we name our PCs. :3
click to make it bigger