Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I knew Bella would explain everything, although I got some of the general stuff on my own :3

Now, if only I could track down a Times New Roman type element for mine, as that's my signature font

Chocofreak13

sounds cool. :0

just hope this isn't going to become Selectric Collections. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

You say that about damn near anything that becomes popular on here that isn't directly OS-tan related, and yet it never happens :\

No offense, but the only way this site would change to anything other than what it is now is if Pit and/or Fedora-tan wake up one day and go "Hey; let's turn the OSC into Swiss Cheese Collections" or something to that extent

Chocofreak13

eh, i just don't want to come back from making dinner to hear about selectrics are superior to something. honestly, they sound cool, but i get the feeling that the fandom might be a bit spammy.

of course, you're right though, that DOES happen any time something gets popular. guess i'm gonna have to put up with selectric talk for a week or two. at least it's a fixed item, unlike when an anime becomes popular, since the anime has longevity due to more episodes coming out over time. >>;;

my only beef here is that whenever there's group popularity about something it feels like that's ALL THAT'S TALKED ABOUT. or all that pictures are posted of. hope that makes sense. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I know the feeling, to be honest. When something like that happens with something I don't care much for, it gets uncomfortable for me no matter the subject; football and K-On being the major ones from my past

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Kari, you're such a contrarian. The moment something becomes popular you want to distance yourself as far as you can from it. That being said, you need to learn to differentiate between factual statements and bragging. If Person X said, "A computer is more technologically advanced than an abacus", that would be a statement of fact. If Person X said "OMFG I HAVE A COMPUTER AND YOU HAVE AN ABACUS, MY COMPUTER IS SO AWESOME AND UR ABACUS IS STUPID!!!!!" that would be bragging. 

You asked me to list some reasons why Selectrics are novel compared to other typewriters, and I did. I never bragged, I never asserted any kind of superiority, I only listed some of the features they pioneered and some fun trivia about them. And that upset you. I have no idea what to say, only that you shouldn't let everything be so offensive to you.

Also, if OSC hasn't become MLP/Yuri/Touhou/Haruhi/Madoka/K-On! Collections yet, it's not gonna become ANY other kind of Collection.

Chocofreak13

@pent: it's not even that i don't care for it. the opposite, actually, a selectric seems like a pretty cool thing to own. i'm just gearing up for the inevitable 3 days - 2 weeks of nothing but talk relating to the subject. :\

@red: mio is so cute. with such a great voice. *0*

@bella: prepare for itemized argument.

1. i wouldn't call myself a contrarian, considering there have been bandwagons i have jumped on. they're just not most of the ones that have happened here.

2. where did i bring up factual statements vs bragging. seriously, where, cause i don't see it. i said, and i quote:
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on March 01, 2012, 07:11:49 PM
sounds cool. :0

just hope this isn't going to become Selectric Collections. :\
I SAID THAT SOUNDS COOL. AS IN THE FACTS ABOUT SELECTRICS SOUND COOL. JUST THAT I HOPE WE CAN TALK ABOUT THINGS BESIDES SELECTRICS THAT ARE COOL.

3. i'm not sure how you got upset from ":\". it's such a neutral emoticon that i'm not sure it can even convey any emotion besides apathy and perhaps mild uncomfort. maybe the feeling of awkwardness as well. but upset? no. i just don't see it.

4. i cannot tell you how upsetting it is to me that people assume i'm upset. funny, right? that said, your assumption that i was upset has made me upset. way to go, genius.

5. while osc may not have become MLP/Yuri/TouHou/Haruhi/Madoka/K-On! collections PERMANENTLY, it has become so on a temporary basis, and that was what i was expressing my contempt against. i'm quite thankful that these states were temporary, but the point i'm trying to make is that whenever someone find something everyone finds cool, that's all that's ever discussed. for example, when MLP first hit here, it caught topicless, RPT, RVT, the gaming section, and even RPT goes wild! for awhile there. now that the discussion has cooled a bit, i can enjoy it, but during the days when all the threads would feature would be things related to pony, i was suffocating in it.

6. your new avatar is creepy.

these are the times when i wonder how we're friends.

however, i hope you're still on for saturday. i should tell you now that any animosity we experience out of game will not reflect in game.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Ugh, this reminds me of like every female friendship I had growing up. Disagreement -> Argument -> having them say something along the lines of "I wonder how we're friends"/"I don't wanna be friends with you anymore" -> me being left completely baffled as to why they reacted so badly to some less-than-polite thing I said/did offhandedly/without thinking/in a moment of anger. I guess I've just always had a guy's mind when it comes to friendships. >>;

I don't have any animosity against you, I'm just feeling super triggered right now so I think I'll step out for the evening.

Krizonar

Chocofreak13

@bella: i like being friends with you. as for why i'm upset, refer to the itemized argument.

@kriz: lol ikrite?
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Another day at OSC... *shrug*

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Krizo, what the hell are you doing playing AP ashe? I mean, really? XD
And if you ARE playing AP ashe, you should at least rush a lichbane to spam dat volley.

Also, I LOL'D SO HEARTILY AT THIS MY NOSE FELL OFF.
http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=222506

Oh, google translate has its days. XD
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS