Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krizonar

Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance SP, Gameboy Micro, DS, DSi

not really interested in 3DS

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on February 16, 2012, 09:19:21 AM
I would advise against buying Bells made garments....

Good advice. The extent of my seemtressing knowledge is simple things and repairs. :/

The only "handheld device" I have is the one that's emulated on my computer. .__.;

Chocofreak13

yay for being old school~ >w>

@pent: lol. OSC bleeds out again. xD

@stew, bella: if i get OSC's measurements, i'll make clothes for all of you. :3 there IS a nice smoking jacket from the early 1900's that i think would look smashing on the male population here.... >w>

EDIT: this is so wrong. ;^;
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2012/02/16/man-says-starbucks-discriminated-against-him-because-he-has-half/?icid=maing-grid7%7Caim%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D136308
click to make it bigger

Nichi

You want to make me a jacket? I can get my measurements to you sometime, then :3

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on February 16, 2012, 03:01:27 PM
@stew, bella: if i get OSC's measurements, i'll make clothes for all of you. :3 there IS a nice smoking jacket from the early 1900's that i think would look smashing on the male population here.... >w>

Ooh, ooh, I'm gonna commission a vintage-style dress. Or maybe a skirt but I already have tons of those, lol. >w<

Also, a question for you guys: What's the philosophical system where you don't believe that humanity can save itself, but needs some sort of external force to keep it from going extinct or harming itself more?

Nichi

I honestly don't know. Why did this come up?

IanDanKilmaster

Cosmic antihumanism?

I'm probably over-conflating it with that term, but that's the closest I can think of at the moment.  I suppose it's some form of offshoot of political realism.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

is it sad that when i saw the word "system" i thought of my game design textbook? :\

@clothes: pastpatterns.com is where i got the pattern for a lovely little dress from 1926. took me 2 days to make (by hand!!) and while i might have to alter it (i think i made it a bit large by accident), otherwise it came out great. -w-

of course, i made that dress about 2-3 years ago. still, the place is niiiice. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Sounds cool ^_^

A even more badass jacket than my current badass jacket *would* be nice :3

Bella

Quote from: IanDanKilmaster on February 16, 2012, 08:25:54 PM
Cosmic antihumanism?

Not sure if that's correct, but I was thinking it would be some form of antihumanism as well.

The root of this question is my growing belief that the only thing that can save humanity is the evolution of computers who are more intelligent than humans, and probably eventually merging humans and machines to make some sort of post-human superspecies combining the best traits of both.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on February 16, 2012, 10:58:53 PM
@clothes: pastpatterns.com is where i got the pattern for a lovely little dress from 1926. took me 2 days to make (by hand!!) and while i might have to alter it (i think i made it a bit large by accident), otherwise it came out great. -w-

of course, i made that dress about 2-3 years ago. still, the place is niiiice. -w-

That sounds pretty cool... you have any pix of it?

Nichi

So...pretty much you think the only thing that can save us is to become Borg or Cybermen :\

IanDanKilmaster

The problem is that humans are a selfish lot, and for the most part, we all seem to be discontent with the idea of self-discipline and moderation lately.

I'd like to think we can rise above our nature and behave like civilized people do, but it seems most people would rather be guided by their egos, lusts, and fears.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

So, I might be getting an Apple II soon. Waiting to hear back from the person on CL, and then arrange to have my dad drive me up there (Since it's in a city he's more familiar with than I am)

Chocofreak13

cool!

@humanity: you suck!

@bella: no....i only got the chance to wear it once ><; and it disappeared. one of these days i should go through my closet and see if it's there.
for reference, this was the dress, and i had the bell sleeves.
click to make it bigger