Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

Don't make me break out Line Mode Browser.

Nichi

It'd be awesome if Bella popped in here and was like "Posting from my DEC computer", or better yet "Posting from my Mac 128K"

Chocofreak13

should i log on to tanky and post?

(also, bella, i second nej's opinion, Wednesday would make an awesome name for the computer. -w-)
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Of course. But do you know why?

Because Wednesday isn't Wednesday. It's Onsdag. Or, appropriately spoken, Odins dag.
Tuesday. Tisdag. Tyrs dag.

Thursday. Torsdag. Thors dag.

Friday. Fredag. Frejs dag.

WE ARE EVERYWHERE.

Though I do suppose - Thursday could actually be Thurs day, which would refer to thursarna, the giants.
And Wednesday could possibly be Wendes' day, the germanic tribe also known as the Vandals, who famously sacked Rome.
Even then, the Thursi are a very scandinavian creation, and Vendel is less than 50 miles from where I'm sitting right now. Soo...still everywhere. :3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

wasn't that obvious? :\ the days of the week are named after the norse gods. (i like thor, and it's no wonder, since thursday is friday to me now :3)

also, nej, i saw someone who looked like they were related to you on the train last night. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

You did? I think the OSC is leaking again; which explains why there's a new girl at work who vaguely resembles Pit

NejinOniwa

I am quite positive it hasn't started leaking, actually.

Chocofreak13

the guy bore a faint resemblance to nej, actually looking more like his brother.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I don't know what it is, but lately I've had troubles staying asleep.

No matter how early or late I go to bed, I always wake up twice: once around 3AM because I'm cold, so I throw on a blanket, only to wake up again at about 7:30 or so because it's too hot >_<

NejinOniwa

ALL THE PONY STREAM ROOMS ARE FULLLLLLLLLLLLLL ;__;

NejinOniwa

I GOT IN ANYWAY AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Silentbob

Just had a o.O moment.   

I had put a bottle of soda in the freezer to cool it down quick.   I forgot about it, and ran to the freezer to take it out.   Looking at it while it still was in the freezer, I saw that the contents had not frozen.    I took the bottle out, and in room temperature, the contents froze over instantly.   There is probably a fancy name for that reaction tho.

NejinOniwa

It's called Pressure, my friend.

The higher the pressure of a liquid (or any substance, at that), the lower its boil/freeze temperatures. When you then open it and depressurize the soda, it freezes because the freezing point gets higher - passing the actual temperature of the soda.

I had a similar one some time ago, when we were storing soda outdoors (in -6C-ish or so) after yule - it foams a lot when you pour it, and when I poured it, the foam froze instantly. It was pretty cool, and quite tasty. ;3

Chocofreak13

if that happens again, please get a video of it. *w*
click to make it bigger

Silentbob

Quote from: NejinOniwa on February 04, 2012, 11:17:12 AM
It's called Pressure, my friend.

The higher the pressure of a liquid (or any substance, at that), the lower its boil/freeze temperatures. When you then open it and depressurize the soda, it freezes because the freezing point gets higher - passing the actual temperature of the soda.

I had a similar one some time ago, when we were storing soda outdoors (in -6C-ish or so) after yule - it foams a lot when you pour it, and when I poured it, the foam froze instantly. It was pretty cool, and quite tasty. ;3

Well, the thing here is, it actually froze -before- I opened the cap.    I grabbed the bottle, and the second it hit warm ambient air, the contents just froze over in about 2-3 seconds. That is what made me go "o.O"