Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

My word, this is a BIG DAMN COMPUTER.

Chocofreak13

FUCKING COMPUTER CLOSING OPERA RANDOMLY SO I LOSE MY POST.

@piracy & mailing lists: nej, i love your idea. but how do we make it work?
@itunes: i like the interface and the fact that it lets my ipod work. other than that, i'm a bit "meh" on it. it sounds nice to be able to get an entire season for a tv show, though if i did i'd convert it to a different format so i wouldn't be bothered with activation.
@piracy & games: tbh, the developers are full of it on this one. the online code is a part of the game, and should be included as such. if the code has to be purchased seperately, then i can understand, but as for activation codes that should be included. it's like buying a used copy of the sims and not being able to use the damn activation key. >>;

@red: ahh, that makes sense. i haven't bought music from itunes in years, possibly before i got gothpod II. ^^;
@paul: my sister loves her tomtom, and it's quite convenient. it helps my mum, too, who sometimes gets lost, so when she got it we all agreed it was long overdue.
@pentium: heating pad when you get home ;^;
@bella: really now? HOW BIG IS IT
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Oh trust me; heating pad will be deployed soon :3

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on February 02, 2012, 06:47:05 PM
@bella: really now? HOW BIG IS IT

I'd say about 1/2 the size of a MicroVAX, or about the size of a PDP-8/s.

Actually, here's a pic comparison picture with a Blind Bag pony and a Mac 128k:

Nichi

Bella

Indeed it is.

Never thought I'd be able to bring a DEC computer home, let alone a complete system, let alone one with native DEC OS (as opposed to a Unix machine or DEC-made PC clone), let alone one that's essentially a desktop-sized PDP-11. Also, it was a good price... about 1/100th of it's original retail of $10,000...

Quote from: Paul on February 02, 2012, 11:25:38 AM
So I just got a teriffic Garmin 1390T sat nav from my dad. Now I can roam the streets and will never lose my way again :D:D:D
btw, it's named Tachikoma :3

Nice! GPS's are really handy, I sometimes wish I had one when visiting strange places ... though I really only drive locally so it wouldn't be very useful for me. ^^;

Though Stew's Russian-speaking GPS saved us from too much needless wandering, lol.

Chocofreak13

lol, russian GPS. awesome. -w-

also, nice DEC. -w- make sure to name him/her right.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quite awesome... had a pretty voice too, even if I didn't understand a thing she said.

No idea what I'm gonna name her (there seems to be some consensus that PDP-11's are females, so I suppose that goes for PDP-11 compatibles, too). Hopefully i can find something suitably kickass...

NejinOniwa

LIEUTENANT BELLS
DEPLOY THE METAL MACHINE

I vote for Wednesday. :3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Paul

That DEC looks teriffic o.o What's the exact model and the specs?
Seems you got a good catch here ^^

Nichi

I could have sworn I've seen something with the DEC logo on it in a storage building at the hospital. It was just a terminal setup with keyboard and monitor, but still; I've seen that logo before

Nichi

I think this is worth a double post, but holy crap I'm posting from NT 5.0 O_O

Red-Machine

I can post from DOS if you like.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!