Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

If I didn't pirate my music, it was ripped from CDs; thus, if it's in .AAC *and* from me, it's unprotected :3

Although, I now have iTunes set to rip in .MP3

Red-Machine

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on February 01, 2012, 07:33:13 PMa dumb protected .aac

Actually, AAC's have been DRM-free for years now.  You can transfer them to any computer or device you like.  You just gotta authenticate to redownload them.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

define "years". it's been awhile since i bought music from itunes, but all of mine have the authentication problem, as well as being called "protected .aac" under the format information in itunes. :\
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Started in 2007, everything was DRM-free by 2009.

NejinOniwa

Itunes still is shitty, due to that annoying fuck interface.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Krizonar

Believe it or not, I've never bought music from iTunes, just some tv shows and stuff. I use iTunes for about everything though.

Red-Machine

I get full albums from there mainly because I want to support the artist and contribute to charts and so on.

NejinOniwa

You know what we should do?

We should start torrenting everything, and start donating money DIRECTLY to the artists. Like, send a letter with a 20$ bill and a note that says "I download your music because I don't want to feed the parasprites in Universal Music/BMG/Whatever affiliated label the artist is under. Here, take this." OR something.

Just to make a statement. And possibly get those fucking shitheads in the MAFIAA off their damn tricycles.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

The aritsts I buy music are either indie, or have foreign record labels, so none of my money is going to Universal/BMG/etc.

Nichi

The last new album I've bought was Weird Al's newest. Otherwise, I tend to buy all of my CDs used; an act that companies in the video game industry are starting to claim is a form of piracy in and of itself >_<

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on February 02, 2012, 04:27:50 AM
You know what we should do?

We should start torrenting everything, and start donating money DIRECTLY to the artists. Like, send a letter with a 20$ bill and a note that says "I download your music because I don't want to feed the parasprites in Universal Music/BMG/Whatever affiliated label the artist is under. Here, take this." OR something.

Just to make a statement. And possibly get those fucking shitheads in the MAFIAA off their damn tricycles.

That would be freaking AMAZING. No idea how you could make it work, but imagine if actually did...

Quote from: PentiumMMX on February 02, 2012, 07:16:14 AM
The last new album I've bought was Weird Al's newest. Otherwise, I tend to buy all of my CDs used; an act that companies in the video game industry are starting to claim is a form of piracy in and of itself >_<

Wait..... what....... huh? Is that really true?

Next they'll be telling us that buying secondhand clothing and furniture is a form of theft.

Nichi

Yeah. Some developers are already including things like "online vouchers" to activate online mode, which if you use that and then sell the game, the person is stuck only being able to play the offline part of the game unless they pay an additional fee to the developer to access online multiplayer and such.

Also, rumor has it that the next Xbox may not be able to play used games

Red-Machine

That'll never happen.  Sony planned the same thing for the PS3, but backed down due to public pressure.

Paul

So I just got a teriffic Garmin 1390T sat nav from my dad. Now I can roam the streets and will never lose my way again :D:D:D
btw, it's named Tachikoma :3

Nichi

My mom was given a GPS like that for Christmas last year. She finds it helpful, with how much driving she has to do for work :3

In other news, it feels like a pulled a muscle in my leg. For lack of a better way to describe it, it feels like I took an arrow to the knee, and to make things worse, work in about 20 minutes or so >_<