Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanami Madobe Fan and 33 Guests are viewing this topic.

Chocofreak13

@nej: if it's any consolation, a lot of posting goes on while i'm awake and unaware. :\

@pentium: your mum is weird, lol.
also, what the hell did she call you about in the middle of the day? >>;

as for dat ass, next time he calls you a loser, tell him that anyone who feels the need to call someone else that isn't much of a winner themselves, and that someone who's in and out of the big house isn't exactly the type of person to be taking advice from. >>;

@bella: damn. you NEED that piece. *___*

(currently watching the season premiere of Rupaul's Drag Race. >w< it's not even a third of the way over and the phrase "chernobyl chic" has been tossed out. i love this show.)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

She was calling to ask if the mail arrived, as she's expecting a check in the mail soon. She could have text me, but no; that's too expensive for her, so it's better to be an inconvenience for me >_<

Chocofreak13

my sister was like that at one point. "well, texting is expensive for me right now, so i'll just call my sister in class~~"

*facepalm*

btw guys:
http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/adoption-policies----how-strict-is-too-strict-.html

interesting article, and if you scroll down the comments (set to newest), me and my friend mel commented. :3
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Bella

Quote from: Krizonar on January 30, 2012, 09:43:21 PM
Quote from: Bella on January 30, 2012, 06:48:22 PM
It comes with a P/OS software set
sounds pretty crappy

Not sure if troll, or actually familiar with DEC OSes?

P/OS isn't the greatest variant of RSX there is, but I'd hesitate to call it crappy... and it's the only native DEC OS that can run on the PRO line according to the documents I've found. Plus, it's not very likely I'll ever find a VENIX diskette set - though I suppose if I could find the install media I'd give it a try.

Krizonar

Quote from: Bella on January 30, 2012, 09:57:36 PM
Quote from: Krizonar on January 30, 2012, 09:43:21 PM
Quote from: Bella on January 30, 2012, 06:48:22 PM
It comes with a P/OS software set
sounds pretty crappy

Not sure if troll, or actually familiar with DEC OSes?

P/OS isn't the greatest variant of RSX there is, but I'd hesitate to call it crappy... and it's the only native DEC OS that can run on the PRO line according to the documents I've found. Plus, it's not very likely I'll ever find a VENIX diskette set - though I suppose if I could find the install media I'd give it a try.
P/OS

POS

you didn't get it? :( I wasn't actually insulting it.

Bella

Quote from: Krizonar on January 30, 2012, 10:01:11 PMP/OS

POS

I'm afraid i'm not sure what you're referring to... when I think "POS" the only things that come to mind are "point of sale", "PERQ OS" and "Professional Operating System". ^^;

Krizonar

Quote from: Bella on January 30, 2012, 10:07:34 PM
Quote from: Krizonar on January 30, 2012, 10:01:11 PMP/OS

POS

I'm afraid i'm not sure what you're referring to... when I think "POS" the only things that come to mind are "point of sale", "PERQ OS" and "Professional Operating System". ^^;
I just thought it was unfortunate it was named after the certain, widely used internet abbreviation http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pos

bah, now it's not funny
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DontExplainTheJoke

Bella

Lol, my bad. ^^;;; I've never heard that abbreviation before, to be honest...

Nichi

I've heard it before. In fact, it was an in-joke between my sister and a former co-worker from Gamestop that the reason their cash registers where referred to as a "POS" was because they where pieces of shit

In other news, seriously considering swearing off PO boxes and possibly the entire postal service as a whole. The stuff I ordered is supposed to be in as of Saturday, according to the tracking numbers provided by Amazon, but it's not here yet; I've checked my PO box every single day since then, and yet nothing. So, today I asked at the counter, which they dug around in the back for about 10 minutes before saying that they need a tracking number or else they can't help me. I'm obviously pissed off, as the money spent on this, even excluding the gift card I used, could have gone toward my trip...or gas to constantly drive to the post office just to check for the packages

I'm thinking UPS is a better option. I'd rather my stuff arrive broken than not at all, because at least if it's broken, I can file a claim

Chocofreak13

ups offers post boxes too, if that would help. :\

and if you're having trouble with it, complain? it's the american thing to do.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'd complain to Amazon, but they show the package has already arrived; pretty much meaning it's not their problem if I somehow haven't received it by now. It's all on the post office, so hopefully everything will be sorted out soon enough, after I get the tracking numbers to them. If even then they can't find my package, I'm cancelling my PO box and getting a refund while I'm still within the first month of having it

Also, the local UPS Store shut down, so no PO boxes from them; all they offer from their office here is shipping

Nichi

Good news, everyone!

I left for work early today to bring the tracking numbers to the post office for them to locate my packages. In about 10 minutes time, they found the missing packages; stuck on the wrong shelf or something. So, everything is fine now :3

Bella

What did I tell you, Pent?

My family has had several PO boxes in the last several years, and we've never had any issues with them.

Chocofreak13

i'd stick with the PO box a little longer dude. see how it goes next time.

if you want, once i get that replacement mug i can ship it to the PO box so you can test it. :3
click to make it bigger