Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on January 17, 2012, 02:08:54 PM
Sadistic?  You didn't get this guy, did you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

Hahaha, pretty much... my previous dentist admitted that she got into the field because she enjoyed freaking people out/hurting them. And I'm not so sure she was being sarcastic, either... half of my checkup consisted of her telling me how terrible my teeth are and how badly I needed braces (something my current dentist files under "It would be nice if you got them at some point, but isn't a necessity), before going on at length about how I'd probably need my wisdom teeth out. I was like 14 years old... I didn't even HAVE them yet! Suffice to say that was my first and last time going to her.

The dentist before her was competent enough, I suppose, but he was very old and tended to use somewhat antiquated equipment ... and his technician was a very vocal Jesus-Freak... and his practice was located on a farm... so, yeah.  I won't even get into the horrors/malpractice that I experienced with the dentists I had in the Florida Keys. You know what they say about Keys doctors, Third-World medical care at First-World prices...

IanDanKilmaster

xD Little Shop in my OSC?...

Last night was a great night, finally got Fire Pro R, saw another 5-star promo, and topped it all off by watching Lemmy... life is good.

I'm pretty excited about the protests, but not so much the traffic the impending day-long blackout is causing.  It's like the blackout has already started for me. :/

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

sorry to hear that dan. but it's all in the name of protest, i guess. :\

@bella: if it's any consolation, my doctor from when i was born - 13 or so was very nice but a bit 'rushed' per se. the quality of care experienced a sharp decline when i entered middle school, being uninformed of a broken hand until 4 months after it happened and being misdiagnosed so many times for a problem that i ended up developing pneumonia and having to be hooked up to a nebulizer. we changed after that, and the care has been stellar. ^^ (i've had my current dentist since i was like, 7 or 8, so i don't remember my old one. according to my mum though, he sucked. :\ )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: Um...wow; that first doctor sucked

Anyway, things are going great today :3
No problems at work, and I'm slowly making plans for my trip this summer

Chocofreak13

good to hear, dude. :3

and thankfully the hand healed up perfectly on its own. funny, since it never had a cast or anything, and it barely ever hurt.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Good god, that doctor sounds terrible. Glad you found a better one, K. >.<

Chocofreak13

heh. doctor wells was a nice lady, but she was very high-energy and not the most gentle. (i remember whenever she needed to look in my ears or mouth or whatever she would grab my chin rather roughly.) plus, she spoke engrish, but tbh it actually made her friendlier. xD

on a random note, am i the only one who misses stew's radio show?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I never knew of it until just now, so I can't comment

Chocofreak13

you would have liked it. ^^
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 17, 2012, 10:15:50 PM
on a random note, am i the only one who misses stew's radio show?

SO VERY MUCH. ;_________;

It was so much fun listening to him, plus, I found tons of great music I wouldn't have otherwise discovered on that show. *sigh*

Chocofreak13

it was always a thrill getting your requests played. no matter how obscure, he'd play it. ^^
click to make it bigger

Bella

Chocofreak13

here's another random thought: we're almost to page 1000 of topicless.

the last time a thread reached 1000, it blew up. WHAT WILL BECOME OF US ALL~~~
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Um...what thread hit 1000?

Chocofreak13

it wasn't here, it was on a different site. but it EXPLODED. o__o;
click to make it bigger