Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Kari, hate to disappoint you, but we have about 18 people per moose, and the province where you're required to carry a gun when moving on the road outside townships is Svalbard, Norway. (It's time we conquer those sillies again so we can have it back.) Nice try though. ^^;

Also THAT PACKAGE CONTAINED A. LOT. OF. PONY. <3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Paul

That Kinder Surprise crackdown is RIDICULOUS :D
Here they've been sold for a long time without anyone choking AFAIK

Nichi

The whole Kinder Surprise thing just sounds silly, really

Also, the abandoned doll factory made me think of Frantic Factory from DK64

Remilia

They should also ban turkeys. There has been reports of them falling from the sky and breaking windshields (and people's skulls). There's also a choking hazard.

Nichi

Nah; we should put a ban on banning.

Banning is bad...and wrong. In fact, I think there should be a new, stronger word to describe it; like "badwrong", or "badong". Yes, banning is badong, and from this moment on, I will stand for the opposite: Gnodab.
</kung_pow_enter_the_fist>

I felt a need to quote that movie LOL

Bella

Quote from: Remilia on January 13, 2012, 12:04:45 PM
They should also ban turkeys. There has been reports of them falling from the sky and breaking windshields (and people's skulls). There's also a choking hazard.

B-b-but turkeys are so delicious! ;-;

Krizonar

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 13, 2012, 12:08:50 PM
Nah; we should put a ban on banning.

Banning is bad...and wrong. In fact, I think there should be a new, stronger word to describe it; like "badwrong", or "badong". Yes, banning is badong, and from this moment on, I will stand for the opposite: Gnodab.
</kung_pow_enter_the_fist>

I felt a need to quote that movie LOL
object past tense double plus bad

IanDanKilmaster

If I weren't a lazy f**k, she'd^ be wearing a fedora and wielding a banhammer...

The Choice of a New Generation.

Bella

Guys, I'd like to get a budgie. I've wanted to adopt a pet bird for ages and now that I have a larger house (and the space for a spacious, comfortable bird cage) I can think about actually getting one.  But I don't know if I'm up for the demands of budgie ownership. Budgies are social and need lots of attention and interaction, can learn to talk (not sure if I'm ready to have a pet that talks back to me in English), are fragile little animals (I'd be afraid of my dogs accidentally interacting with/hurting it, even though that seems unlikely) and can live a long time (5-15 years is the norm). Plus, I've read that some people can be sensitive to birds and bird droppings, and it can cause lung irritation... I think I may be allergic to my dogs as it is, I don't want to buy another pet and find out I can't comfortably be around it.

NejinOniwa

Budgies are cool as fuck.

I had a few when I was young. As did my mom. Hell, my mom's budgie and our previous dog (the one that died 1 week after I was born) was like bestest pals. I've decided my next bird is gonna be a fucking badass smartypants-of-the-avians magpie though, so none of that for me.

Chocofreak13

i've always wanted a carrier pigeon. nothing quite as cool as being able to send a note to someone via bird. -w-

talk to your doctor about it if you're worried about the allergy, bells. :\

@nej: kinda creepy that the dog died a week after you were born. o__o;

also, glad you liked the pony gifts. hope everything else was up to standard too. :3 i'll tell mum that you're satisfied with it. ^^
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

The case especially was fucking sweet, though the inner lining had to go - it kept getting stuck in the zipper.

And 10/13, K-chan. International day of misfortune. It's not creepy, IT'S LOGICAL

Chocofreak13

trim the lining. you're going to need it if you're going to put pencils in there. you can't get the outer fabric wet. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I don't see the connection. Pencils are dry, and case goes in bag. No wetness involved here!

I might also clarify, what with the ongoing culture discussions here - one big part of Scandinavian culture is a collective near-phobia of getting yourself wet - aside from hot summer days and when you're specifically out to bathe, and even then you make sure to get your ass dry ASAFP. Has to do with, ofc, that getting cold outside of range to get dry or changed will easily result in you getting REALLY worn down and sick, possibly dying. Freezing to death, or dying from the afterstrikes of such trauma, isn't as uncommon as one'd think here.

Chocofreak13

i can imagine that. but pencils leave lead (or, more accurately, graphite) behind, which will quickly darken the interior. i put the lining in there so the design doesn't get dirty, plus it provides an extra layer of protection against water, sharp pencils, pens, etc. the point is that when it gets dirty, you can take it out and wash it.

note to everyone who will or has received pencil cases from me: THIS IS THE POINT OF THE LINING. IT'S THERE AND REMOVABLE FOR A REASON, DAMMIT.
click to make it bigger