Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on January 12, 2012, 11:20:15 AM
Guys, seriously.  MOVE THE FUCK AWAY.  Go somewhere that actually cares about its citizens...

Seriously, man, it gets tiring.

For the record, my perfect chimera country would basically entail the healthcare system of Canada, the educational system of Sweden, and the everything else of the United States. -w-

IanDanKilmaster

Do we really need this to happen again? >.>

Can't we have a civil political discussion without some sort of sh**storm erupting over whose country sucks the least?

Would everyone like to know what's really the best country to live in right now for really real is?  Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan, that's right, that country everyone thought Herman Cain made up, it's real.  I've been there to visit a couple of times now, and I have to say, it's pretty freaking great.  It has highest standards for education, and obesity and poverty are non-existent.  Everyone has a job and feels like they're a part of something great.  Everyone believes and lives freely without impeding on the lives of their neighbor.  The best part about all of this?  No one from Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan tells you their country is the best place to live.  No one.  They simply have no care to mention it.  Why, you ask?  They're too busy enjoying their lives of freedom and pleasure.  What do they care that not everyone else enjoys the life that they do, their lives aren't measured based on comparison.  It's enough for them to simply live and let live.

Can't we live and let live, people?

The Choice of a New Generation.

Bella

Dude, you're so lucky - I've wanted to travel to Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan since, like, forever ago! It sounds like a paradise on earth, with a perfect mix of personal freedoms, government regulation and social responsibility! Truly, all nations could learn from their glorious utopian society.

Though the not having obesity thing must upset the native population of chubby chasers...

Remilia

Quote from: IanDanKilmaster on January 12, 2012, 12:43:37 PM
Everyone has a job

What? They have to WORK? This cannot be the best place on Earth. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: Remilia on January 12, 2012, 02:07:10 PM
Quote from: IanDanKilmaster on January 12, 2012, 12:43:37 PM
It has highest standards for education

What? They have to GO TO SCHOOL? This cannot be the best place on Earth. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Yep, responsibilities are the best, aren't they?

Looking back, perhaps I should've said everyone has a career, as in, everyone has a purpose in life.  Nihilists don't much care for Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan, but Beki-bekis don't much care that they don't care.  Live and let live.

All kidding aside, let's try to choose our wording more carefully when we have a statement to make, and at the same time, perhaps we should also try to be less easily offended as well.  I think we'd all much prefer self-governance in this regard than the potential banning of all even remotely political discussion, right guys?  Don't we like our own little Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan the way it is?

stewartsage

Wait, are we all talking about the same Uzbekistan here?

NejinOniwa

Bells, seeing as we have more healthcare stuff than what Canada offers, you could just move here if that's what you want. ^^
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

If you mean "are we talking about the RL Uzbekistan?" then No.

Also, I agree with Dan - I'd hate for some rule to be made about there being no talk about politics, nationalities, religion, etc., chiefly because I loath censorship, and secondly because I like and respect everyone here and feel that I can engage you guys in intelligent conversation about fairly weighty topics. (And even when it does stoop to shit-storm levels, I don't lose respect for anyone - I may disagree with their stance, yes, but I don't hold it against anyone personally.) To be told we couldn't bring up those topics because of the assumption that we couldn't handle them in a mature way would be condescending...

Quote from: NejinOniwa on January 12, 2012, 04:44:53 PM
Bells, seeing as we have more healthcare stuff than what Canada offers, you could just move here if that's what you want. ^^

But I imagine Sweden is uber-difficult to immigrate to? Otherwise you guys would be overrun with foreigners. -w-

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: stewartsage on January 12, 2012, 04:27:28 PM
Wait, are we all talking about the same Uzbekistan here?

Wait what's that?  I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing before I say "yes, I agree" or "no, I don't agree"...

NejinOniwa

WE ARE OVERRUN WITH FOREIGNERS. Hell, Södertälje county (and it's not that big - ~50k people or so, or so it was 10 years ago) has received more refugees from the Iraqi crisis than ALL OF THE US. >_>

Red-Machine

We're the immigration capital of the world right now... That and those damn asylum seekers.  There aren't enough jobs or houses to go round these days.

But Nej, doesn't Britain have the best healthcare system?  What with the National Health Service?
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

Good to see it all calmed down eventually ^_^;

Well, although my game collection took a rough hit today (The major loss is all but the last installment of the original 4 .hack games), I got my bank account back in the black, where it belongs. So, I'm doing better now :3

NejinOniwa

I am no expert on British healthcare policy, Red. I am, however, fairly certain that common sense would dictate a much higher standard of common institutionalized healthcare system in a kingdom where the Social Democrats have been almost constantly in power for the last century, whereas in britain the tories and labour have been switching places quite evenly, with the tories having the most of the last 50 years safely in bucket (and David Cameron, the current PM, is a tory). Assumption, maybe, but I would think it'd be safe to say that the Swedish welfare system is more built-up than the British.

We definitely need less nationalistic debates on this forum, lol >_>

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on January 12, 2012, 05:15:47 PM
WE ARE OVERRUN WITH FOREIGNERS. Hell, Södertälje county (and it's not that big - ~50k people or so, or so it was 10 years ago) has received more refugees from the Iraqi crisis than ALL OF THE US. >_>

How do you guys feel about American "refugees"? : p

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: NejinOniwa on January 12, 2012, 06:22:55 PM
We definitely need less nationalistic debates on this forum, lol >_>

Yeah, if we could just go ahead with less nationalism in general... that'd be great.

It's probably best if we avoid discussing which country has the best healthcare system as it may only lead to more flag-waving - I'm sure we've all had our fill of that.  On topic, my own gf has been talking about moving north all day.