Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

That's really interesting, I'd have never imagined that is an actual career or something that people could study at a university level. Actually, I've always just assumed that plumbers take care of a building's heating and cooling, electricians work with the electrical system, carpenters, architects and/or engineers maintain the structural or mechanical infrastructure... I didn't know some people take care of ALL those things...

Chocofreak13

i imagine that for the bigger places that person may coordinate a team of plumbers, electricians, and contractors.
click to make it bigger

Paul

So, I just heard about Katawa Shoujo from you guys... d/ling right now :D

Chocofreak13

yay!

speaking of awesome torrents, i just did something nice for my brother: i got him an account at demonoid. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Stew: Sounds about how the Plant Ops department at work (Which is where my dad is) used to be run. Now, they outsource everything regardless of there being specialized people to do that task (They have a master electrician as part of their team, but the head of that department still insists on paying an outside source to do electrical work *facepalm*)

Anyway, I'm almost ready to start watching the first season of Digimon again. Yay! ^_^

EDIT:
Well, I would be celebrating, if it wasn't for the fact I think those long days and nights leaving Fuuka on to finish the download is starting to take a toll on her. Her HDD is now making a strange knocking sound every 10 seconds or so; like the motor in it is dieing or something. I hope replacing the hard drive isn't too hard, as I don't want to lose her like Bulbasaur before her ;_;

Chocofreak13

give her a break when you get the chance. ;^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I will as soon as her final mission is complete, and the download is complete

Godspeed, Fuuka *salutes*

Chocofreak13

don't call it her 'final' mission. you're making it sound like she's dying. ><;;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, her final mission before I let her retire, until I can find out what's wrong and if I can fix it. I'm leaning toward the HDD wearing out, which is the most likely problem, but I'll know for sure once I get a chance to talk to Kriz about it

Chocofreak13

hopefully he's around soon.

on another note: does it feel like the forum's dead tonight? :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Feels like it, yeah. Even Skype is a bit empty right now for me

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 05, 2012, 06:13:05 PM
EDIT:
Well, I would be celebrating, if it wasn't for the fact I think those long days and nights leaving Fuuka on to finish the download is starting to take a toll on her. Her HDD is now making a strange knocking sound every 10 seconds or so; like the motor in it is dieing or something. I hope replacing the hard drive isn't too hard, as I don't want to lose her like Bulbasaur before her ;_;

Ugh, that sucks big time. But do you really think it's because you've run Fuuka non-stop for a few days?  I mean, if you did that on a frequent basis, I could see where it could stress the system to the point of something malfunctioning. But I can't imagine that she'd break after one time... : \

Quote from: Paul on January 05, 2012, 04:57:41 PM
So, I just heard about Katawa Shoujo from you guys... d/ling right now :D

Nice, let us know what you think of it when you get around to playing ...  ^^

Krizonar

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 05, 2012, 10:40:10 PM
Feels like it, yeah. Even Skype is a bit empty right now for me
Nah, I doubt it, old hard drives make noise regardless. The nosiest parts in my G5 are the hardrives. A new noise could be a cause for concern, but Macs are pretty much built to stay on 24/7 and never be turned off, so I doubt leaving her on is what caused the problem. (if there really is one)
Personally, I've never had a hardrive die.

Chocofreak13

considering she was used, it could be a sign of a problem. before gothpod III quit on me she starting making clicking sounds when she was accessing her stuff. :\

i guess kriz is the authority here, but if i were you i'd keep an eye on her, given what gothpod III did to me. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: I've done this on occasions with Fuuka before, going all the way back to August. She's the quietest member of the fleet, which makes having her download a huge file while I sleep easier than doing the same with 2k (Who lights up the room with her fans and sounds like a jet engine)

@Kriz: This is something that just started, which is why I'm concerned

She's running right now, finishing up the last 1% of that download while I'm on Frankenstein V3, but she hasn't made that knocking sound again, so hopefully it was just a freak thing. Still, it's possible that her hard drive is giving out; making it only the 2nd time in the history of the fleet a mechanical HDD has died on me (The first time was with Frankenstein Classic)