Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 02, 2012, 03:04:24 PM
there's a reason that USA picked that song up for the Burn Notice commercials last season, Bells. >w>

Damn, I miss all sorts of interesting things by compulsively muting ads. ><

IanDanKilmaster

Danger! High Voltage! was to Electric Six what Ain't No Rest for the Wicked was for Cage the Elephant.  Doesn't matter how many songs they've done before that or since then, that was the one that was on nearly every commercial or in every video game, and it seems like every band lurking around that modern alternative genre gets just one.  I haven't really kept track with current music lately as I've mostly preferred the confines of my sad little time capsule in regards to tunes, but Jenny typically keeps me updated with that kind of stuff.  She's mostly a metalhead, but listens to other stuff too.  I'll sometimes hear something on TV and not know what the hell it is until she says "Oh that's [insert band name here]".

On the topic of rage - I too find myself getting worked up when reading stuff online.  As I mentioned when I first came back a few months ago, I tend to keep myself in check, but there are a few personal interest issues that tend to get me worked up rather quick.  I find listening to some Adventure Time songs or a Jim Cornette rant helps most of the time.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Red-Machine

I imagine a lot of the rage-inducing subjects are transgender-related?
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

stewartsage

Adventure Time, come on grab your friends, and go to very, distant lands, with Jake the Dog and Finn the Human the fun will never end it's Adventure Time!

Paul

Waah, I got so caught up in New Year's trouble, that I totally forgot posting here >.<

So, even though I'm two days late.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
/hangs his head in shame

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I mentioned it before I believe, but the short list of rage-inducing topics is as follows:
1. Civil liberties issues
2. Dumbass booking
3. Joe Quesada
4. The Human Condition (transgender should be included under this and the civil liberties headings)

Don't be weepy sleepy puppies

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

@stew: "♫ come along with me, to a town beside the sea, where we'll gaze upon the water, and do so as we please....♫"
@idk: i sometimes feel that i'm out of touch with the music scene, but i don't much care since most of the music i like is imported anyway. most of the "hot" music right now is stuff i hate. >>;
in terms of rage-inducing topics, i don't get worked up much simply because hearing stuff i hate in person rather than in writing is more powerful for me. occasionally i'll feel a shock of emotion at a particular article, but that's usually something sad rather than rage-inducing. :\
@bella: i tune out the tv after awhile, but usually my attention is limited anyway since i have the tv on while i surf. :\
@paul: hope your new year's was nice :3 that'll be a good excuse for not posting xD
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'm in the process of resurrecting the queen of my fleet. Reinstalling Windows 7 on her right now >:3

Krizonar

Quote from: Bella on January 02, 2012, 03:19:22 PM
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 02, 2012, 03:04:24 PM
there's a reason that USA picked that song up for the Burn Notice commercials last season, Bells. >w>

Damn, I miss all sorts of interesting things by compulsively muting ads. ><

What's an ad?
I watch everything on youtube.

Currently watching Teen Titans over.

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 02, 2012, 09:26:24 PM
I'm in the process of resurrecting the queen of my fleet. Reinstalling Windows 7 on her right now >:3
Yay for that.

Chocofreak13

ads are the things that pay for youtube.

@pentium: kickass, man. as soon as i get that converter i'm gonna be fixing my fleet. ^^
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: IanDanKilmaster on January 02, 2012, 04:19:10 PM
On the topic of rage - I too find myself getting worked up when reading stuff online.  As I mentioned when I first came back a few months ago, I tend to keep myself in check, but there are a few personal interest issues that tend to get me worked up rather quick.  I find listening to some Adventure Time songs or a Jim Cornette rant helps most of the time.

Pretty sure the soundtrack is one of my favorite things about Adventure Time. ^^

Most of the rage-inducing subjects for me fall into the civil liberties/rights category as well, though there are some animal rights issues that can get me quite upset as well (particularly whaling and the meat industry). Though the brunt of my rage seems to be aimed at:

1. Women's health and reproductive rights issues (for all sexes/genders). It's horrifying how women are treated in the medical establishment, but there are also distinct strains of misandry particularly when it comes to men and birth control.
2. Lookism in all forms. It's sickening how society sets up all sorts of unattainable physical standards for people to live up to.
3. Gender and/or sex inequality. I don't really think of myself as a feminist as much as a gender egalitarian, since I believe all genders and sexes should be treated as equal.
4. Discrimination against sexual and/or romantic orientations, be it hetero-, bi-, homo-, pan-, poly-, demi- or a- sexuality/romanticism or any other orientation there might be. We shouldn't forget the sort of flak that people get when they're questioning of their sexuality/romantic orientation or choose not to label themselves.
5. Big pharma. That's all I have to say on the subject.

Nichi

For me, rage-inducing topics include:

- People who feel the need to lecture me on why I should feel bad for liking things that they do not approve of. This seems to be a common trait among the older people in my hometown; I dealt with this with that 2nd job I had, which is one of several reasons why I was miserable down there

- My mom's paranoia. Where do I begin; the fact that giving out the specs for one of my PCs is like giving out my home address in her eyes, or the fact she claims Bella and Nejin are aliases of Kari and not real people? Sometimes, I think she should lay off the Lifetime Original Movies...

- Anytime my boss opens his mouth. Not much of a subject, but more of the fact that he's everything I hate about the state of Texas compressed into a physical form, which makes even him saying "Hi" an experience that makes me want to rip my ears out

There are others, but those are the ones that stand out the most to me

Krizonar

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 02, 2012, 11:34:30 PM
the fact she claims Bella and Nejin are aliases of Kari and not real people?
Can I be Batman?

Nichi

xD Sure
*tosses you a Batman costume and keys to the Batmobile*

Chocofreak13

i get to be three people in one. KICKASS.

that said, if you come here on vacation, i think i'll write her a formal-yet-cutting letter on the importance of trusting the people you care about.

i'm nejin....? really......???
click to make it bigger