Krizonar

Quote from: PentiumMMX on November 28, 2011, 07:11:59 PM
computer museum that was in the area
everyone seems to have this stuff but me

Nichi

@Kriz: There isn't a computer museum in my area at all, so welcome to the club
*tosses you a t-shirt*

Krizonar

I go into a goodwill and I'm lucky if they have a beige CD drive. Everyone else goes in and walks out with an Apple Lisa. Not fair man, not fair.
/puts on t-shirt and laments, stretched out in the floor

Bella

@Pentium: glad you were able to work things out and that your sister is so supportive of your plans. : )

Quote from: Krizonar on November 28, 2011, 07:25:41 PM
Quote from: PentiumMMX on November 28, 2011, 07:11:59 PM
computer museum that was in the area
everyone seems to have this stuff but me

Correction, WAS here. It departed to San Fran (Palo Alto? Somewhere like that) in 1998.

Related: STEW AND I REALLY NEED TO GO TO CALIFORNIA TO OOGLE OLD COMPUTERS~~

In other news -

>>>Watching new Adventure Time
>>>Realizing that over the past few episodes, it's been getting more philosophical, serious and nightmare-fueling
>>>Themes of death, the afterlife and fate come up in latest episode
>>>Realizing AT could be taking a turn for the serious, as predicted in WMG

Chocofreak13

@bella: that was always AT's charm to me, it's a kids show that's not for kids. (how is the line "you're a sociopath!" acceptable for kids?)
that said, i'd like to see the computer museum too, along with a couple other things, so first one to make it out there takes like, 500 pics, deal? -w-
@kriz: well, there usually aren't many good finds around here either. i got lucky with quincy, though. (plus, it doesn't hurt that my old high school is the place where all the old computers from the district get dumped.)

i hate it that i'm not resting. but there's that restless (redundant lol) feeling that i have something to do. ><;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 28, 2011, 07:48:16 PM
@bella: that was always AT's charm to me, it's a kids show that's not for kids. (how is the line "you're a sociopath!" acceptable for kids?)

When i was six or seven I knew what a sociopath was, so I would hardly call that a kid-unfriendly moment... however, in the last season of Adventure Time, the following has happened:

Marceline pretty much proclaiming lesbian love for Princess Bubblegum in song form (which has been backed by various people in the production staff, who openly ship those two characters), a genderswap episode, somebody thinking someone else was getting, ahem, "violated", the revelation that the Ice King may harbor some creepy feelings toward Finn, instances of both Finn AND Jake becoming psychotically violent, various moments of high-octane nightmare fuel and body horror, fairly adult themes of death, loss and lonesomeness, obvious clues that Ooo is a post-apocalyptic society, and some other things I'm surely missing since I've missed episodes here and there...

I wouldn't exactly call any of these things kid-unfriendly in and of themselves, but it's pretty clear the production team know they have a fairly large teen and adult viewership and aren't afraid to push the envelope. -w-

Chocofreak13

THAT is why i love that show. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

AT is not too bad of a show from the one episode I've seen, but the problem lies in catching it when it's on

EDIT: I just discovered something that I have access to, which I think Nej would be proud of because of how big of a deal he was making over mulled wine. My dad has a bottle of it, so maybe I'll get to try some...

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE

Man, the Fallout Equestria IRC channel is a cool place.  I keep getting distracted from posting here....

Chocofreak13

i have 4 bottles of liquor. all 4 of them are some form of sake. 3 of them are specifically used for cooking. i've used all 4 for cooking.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I don't own any kind of liquor. I'm more of an orange juice kind of person, anyway

Bella

Liquor Scmichqour, caffeine is my drug of choice. 'w'

Quote from: PentiumMMX on November 28, 2011, 10:03:58 PM
AT is not too bad of a show from the one episode I've seen, but the problem lies in catching it when it's on

If by "not too bad of a show" you mean "one of the best animated series of the decade", then yes, you're correct, it's not too bad a show.

I think reruns are on every day at 4:30. New episodes are at 8pm Monday.

Chocofreak13

and there's always on demand. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

: |

My TV doesn't even work half the time, we don't do on demand here.  Unfortunately.