Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Red: You have an Apple product? Cool

@Dan: Agreed. While I do sometimes go the route of piracy, I like the support the official releases when I can

Red-Machine

@Pent: I have several.  The remains of a Performa 6200, a 4th gen iPod Classic "With Colour Screen", a 6.5th gen iPod Classic and the iPhone 3GS.

@Ian: My opinion on piracy is thus: I'll try it first, and if I like it I'll usually get around to buying it.  I've even gone out of my way to buy stuff (like above) so I could support the developer.  That includes buying a game that was released as freeware!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Pitkin

I share your view on that, Red. I appreciate the chance to try something first, because often the price is too high to pay "just to see if it's worth it", but as long as the product satisfies my needs, I'm more than glad to pay for it as well.

Nichi

That's pretty much how I do it, too. After all, the Super NES games I like where first discovered by way of emulation (Mega Man X, EarthBound, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, etc.)

IanDanKilmaster

So yeah, bad weather all day today it seems.  My gf had a freak out earlier when the tornado siren went off, but everything's okay at the moment.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

We are approaching OMEGA.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

@Dan: Yeah. I kept hearing the Emergency Alert System tone off and on all day at work when passing by anywhere where a TV was turned on

@Nej: ...What?

Dr. Kraus

Chocofreak13

@dan: sorry you didn't get the job, but keep trying. as for the tornado siren, WTF?? the only weird weather we had here today was that it was unseasonably warm! o__o;
@red: ah, it was an app? okay then, good for you. :3 i wish my ipod could support apps, since then i'd be buying them too. xD
@red, pitkin: i support a product by using it and encouraging people to use it. as a result, the majority of my programs are free. (the only program i was thinking of torrenting anyway is appearantly from a company small enough that they will track down and sue my ass if i go that route. it's not too expensive anyway, so i'll probably just go on down to best buy. :\ )

@nej: the apocalypse? :\

so guys, i want to know what you want for christmas. it's time i start making the list. except you, pentium, i already know what i'm getting you. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I wanna fire truck Santa Kari! 

Well, I tend not to buy books/comics/manga/anime/tv series without knowing something about it or having seen enough of it to know I'll like it.  Forty or fifty bucks is a big investment for a DVD set, so I want to know what I'm getting (Bells has seen this in action).  That being said, I've bought every volume of K-On! that's come out in the US and kept pace with Negima releases.

Bella

@Kari: I'd like artz. (Or if you find anything that would be of interest to me [since I think everyone here knows the sorts of things I like] and isn't too expensive/huge/difficult to ship or otherwise get to me, that would be fine too.) .W.

Quote from: stewartsage on November 09, 2011, 11:46:40 AM
(Bells has seen this in action). 

Yes I have. I still think I should have started throwing those Angry Birds plushes at you to get you to move it along. .___.;

But, no, I agree with you. Unless I know I'll like a series (or book, or manga) or have seen/read part of it, I wouldn't want to shell out any large amount of money for it... :/

Nichi

@Kari: Ooh...I can't wait! ^_^

@Stew: I'm the same way, really. If I see something that looks interesting to me, I'll often go home and do some research on it to see what it's about and such before I buy

NejinOniwa

Omega has run into difficulties on the road. RESEAT EVERYTHING!!!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

torrent before you buy. or in the case of manga, read before you buy.

@stew: i'll find you a fire truck, if that's what you really want. :3 good news is that a new hobby store opened in town. the bad news is that the old one closed down. :\
@bella: you just made my shopping list cheaper, lol. xD

also guys, if anyone here hasn't had ribbon candy or a chocolate orange, speak up, cause you'll be getting that too.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

You don't need to get me anything for Christmas, none of you do.  That's alright.

Dude!  Lady!  Chocolate orange's kick ass!