Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on October 24, 2011, 02:21:18 PM
Hmmmm...don't poke the nice ones...poke the nice ones...don't poke...poke...

Poke. :3

What? It upsets the ever-living hell out of me to see a person give up on a project in the home stretch. It comes off as a sign of weakness (ie, too lazy to finish it) or cowardice (ie, too afraid of what the reaction will be), and I want to break a guitar over someone's head every time I see it happen. To hear that something's been FINISHED but the author refuses to post it just makes it a lot worse, since it's definitely driven by fear and not laziness. I don't care how I feel about my stories, I publish every finished work I write, even if I hate them and have issues with the quality, I still have the courage of my convictions enough to put it out there. >__<

I mean, damn, I haven't worked on my Linux comic in over a year, but there are only, like, three pages left and yes I do plan on finishing and posting them. Even though I don't like the ending, and even though I feel no motivation to draw comics anymore, I want there to actually be an ending.

Re: Wikiwalks - last night googling "Tabulating Machine Company" after I saw a TMC keypunch on Pawn Stars led to wikiwalking Beck's discography, reading about the making of Where It's At and downloading a 1960s sex-ed recording. I think I have you beat...

Red-Machine

Quote from: Bella on October 25, 2011, 12:29:46 PMRe: Wikiwalks - last night googling "Tabulating Machine Company" after I saw a TMC keypunch on Pawn Stars led to wikiwalking Beck's discography, reading about the making of Where It's At and downloading a 1960s sex-ed recording. I think I have you beat...

Bells, you're weird.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on October 25, 2011, 12:37:48 PM
Quote from: Bella on October 25, 2011, 12:29:46 PMRe: Wikiwalks - last night googling "Tabulating Machine Company" after I saw a TMC keypunch on Pawn Stars led to wikiwalking Beck's discography, reading about the making of Where It's At and downloading a 1960s sex-ed recording. I think I have you beat...

Bells, you're weird.

Aw crap, I've been found-out!

(edited for better reaction GIF)

IanDanKilmaster

My wikiwalks generally come out something like that xkcd comic, usually there's also a bit of warping back and forth between wikis (usually wikipedia and a more specific wiki, but sometimes TVTropes is in there too).  Far too often I find myself starting on something like Phantom Dust and winding up on something like Aphasia or Diglyme.  Lately though, it's become more like going from Sin Cara to Quantum Decoherence.  It always hurts to learn you just wasted 5 hours of your life because someone had to use a particular word you didn't know leading you on some meaningless mentally-indulgent excursion, that only serves to expand your already excessively trivial stockpile of information you once knew as a brain >,<.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Nichi

So, I just got a ton of computer parts for free today. The back of my truck is full, although I plan on unloading everything tomorrow. I may be able to make a working desktop out of some of these, or at the very least, there's parts to make some upgrades to the fleet (An ethernet card for Penti-chan being the biggest one)

NejinOniwa

Today's news: Apparently the police aren't investigating me anymore.

Nice letter I got here, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh weirdingmeout.jpg
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

With those various computers I was given, I found that one of them still works quite well. It's an eMachines, circa '01 or so, but aside from it's beat-up case, it booted up perfectly.

So, free working PC among all the ones I have for parts. I'll elaborate more on it in the appropriate thread later

svx

Hallo,

I ams having taken decision with regards the origin.  I ams has decided ams Holland.

I am Holland.

CALL ME HOLLAND FROM NOW ON PLZ GUISE,
BECAUSE I AM FROM HOLLAND NOW

Bella

Quote from: svx on October 26, 2011, 01:33:15 AM
Hallo,

I ams having taken decision with regards the origin.  I ams has decided ams Holland.

I am Holland.

CALL ME HOLLAND FROM NOW ON PLZ GUISE,
BECAUSE I AM FROM HOLLAND NOW

I think it's safe to say you pretty much embody the spirit of Holland. Good choice Vodka-san!

@Nej: ....wait, the police were investigating you? What for?

@Pentium: Huzzah for free parts and computers. ^^

IanDanKilmaster

Why I will be watching MTV Thursday for the first time in a very long time.

I must also thank MTV for finally making two of their best animated series available online - The Maxx and Aeon Flux.  I eagerly await when they make more of their older programming available online.

Those of you who are like me, and despise the animation age ghetto in American programming, should really try this out.  The Maxx would be the series I recommend most highly, it's so good, and so different from shows that are on today.

NejinOniwa

Some sort of credit card fraud. I mean, what ze flying duckshit?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

A bit bizarre and unnerving, no doubt about it, but could've been something more upsetting...

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

http://twitter.com/#!/Chocofreak887

meeeeee.

also, got another dollfie today. ^^ i need to make him pants. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I still don't see a point in a Twitter, so it'll be a very, very long time before I get one