Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Well, I just saw something that made me WTF on Know Your Meme: According to them, Pedobear is a related meme to OS-tans O_O

Proof (Look under "Similar entries")

Chocofreak13

......wow.

just wow.

(oh, and this inspired me to make my latest post in rpt >w< )
click to make it bigger

Bella

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 10, 2011, 10:28:20 PM
um......art?

But that's what I use my DeviantArt account for... and scraps/sketches tend to get posted here. ^^;

IanDanKilmaster

*sigh*

Firstly, I'd like to apologize to Kari.  I apparently saw how easily misread the post in this thread could be, but not the other.  It should've still occurred to me that such a level of snideness was outside your nature.  I'm sorry I didn't stand by my guns on that.  It was also never my intention to make you feel unwelcome here, even if you had made a remark in haste, I'm sure we all (or at least, I) would have forgiven you.

@Pent:
I think the common thread there is that they're both from 2ch.  While the other entries under "Similar Entries" may not share that same origin, each of them in some way has something in common with the Pedobear meme (mascots, 2ch memes, pedo memes).

@Bella:
Maybe it could be used for talking about your life?  Like using a doodle or piece of photography to illustrate some aspect of your day or week or whatever.

I have to remember when I leave my account online :/.  So, like Pent a couple of weeks ago, I found myself taken out by a bout of stomach flu yesterday.  It was probably the worst one I've had in recent memory, but that's likely due to all the junk I've been eating the past few days.  The good news is I had someone around who was more than willing to tend to my bed-ridden ass.  She wound up joining me in the infirmary (read: our bed) before the night was up, but neither of us is sure she was really sick.  Despite recovering from the stomach sickness (by driving myself into fever and fighting it off pioneer-style), I'm still feeling a bit achy and tired today.  Hopefully, I can take this opportunity to reboot, and start improving my diet.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

NOW WITH THE SERIOUS TALK GONE OFF, HERE IS SOME SPACE FOR FUNS. YAY!

SO THE PROUD SWEDISH NATIONAL TEAM IS IN THE EUROPEAN FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS, AFTER A FUCKASTOUNDING VICTORY OVER HOLLAND.
One hell of a show. And all I can do is classify the player roles in LoL themes/champions...

Andreas Isaksson (Keeper) - Taric, Tanky Support (has heal and stun) [THIS GUY, SERIOUSLY. DAT KEEPER. DAT FUCKING KEEPER.]

DefendersTHE IRON CURTAIN
Mikael Lustig - Shaco, Roamer/Jungler (has stealth and fear) [Outrider who is EVERYWHERE and stops shit like fast. And he runs fast as hell.]
Olof Mellberg - Mordekaiser, Offtank/THE METAL MAN (has self-shield and sustainability like i don't know what) [The core of the defense. Seriously, this guy is just OP. Morde before his nerf. In pentakill skin. Yeah.]
Daniel Majstorovic - Garen, Offtank/DPS/Roamer/Hiding in the brush all the fucking time [He didn't do all too much during the match, but he's a good defender, so I guess.]
Martin Olsson - Nidalee, Roamer/Support/Pusher (has heal and long-range skillshot) [He was ON and ON and ON during the match, running around like crazy both saving situations and pushing up. Typical Nida.]

THE MIDFIELD

Anders Svensson - Lee Sin, Jungler/DPS (Jumps around a lot and kicks things waaaay far) [Held the edges, played things around, was in the thick of things and solved things up.]
Kim Källström - Ezreal, Ranged Carry/DPS (SKILLSHOTS ON EVERY SKILL) [Scored first goalfirst blood with an amazingly beautiful freekick. And kept at it. Solid.]

THE FRONTLINE

Rasmus Elm - Xerath, Ranged/Mage/Artillery (Roots himself and gets waaaay too much range than should be possible, has stun) [Singlehandedly produced 60% of Sweden's chances, thanks to his artillery power of THROW-INS INTO THE PENALTY BOX. Also was SO close to scoring an epic longshot goal. Total coolguy.]
Ola Toivonen - Master Yi, Melee Carry/DPS/Jungler (Runs around like nobody's business and cuts things to tiny pieces) [Got 1 total clear shot in the last game against Holland, failed and got a lot of shit for it. Same thing in the first half of this game, and got even more shit for it. Or would have, if not for the fact that he scored the totally awesome finishing goal to make up for it. Always in the thick of things.]
Sebastian Larsson - Ashe, Ranged Carry/DPS (Has a big fuckass arrow global ulti that stuns and shit. Also a scout skill. And slows. Good crowd control.) [Scored The Fucking Penalty Shot When We Needed It. And kept the attack going. CC man, CC. Important stuff.]

IN CHARGE OF SHIT IN GENERAL AND CHARGING IN
Johan Elmander (MVP) - Malphite, THE FUCKING TANK MADE OUT OF SOLID ROCK (Armor innate, knockup, movespeed sap, FUCKING BADASSERY EVERYWHERE AND UNSTOPPABLE-CHARGE-LIKE-A-BOSS ULTI.) [That's fucking right. He charges ahead and nothing can fucking stop him. He rolls on, makes the openings, plays up, SINGLE-HANDEDLY GIVES US A PENALTY SHOT, ROW ROWS AND FIGHTS THE POWER AND DOESN'T EVEN GET SWITCHED OUT. Badass extraordinaire.]

Pontus Wernbloom (Switched in at 75' replacing Toivonen) - Kennen, AP Carry/Mage (Speedy lightning ninja thingy who rushes around everywhere and throws shurikens.) [Energy ball. Runs around a LOT and is fast. A bit flimsy, though.]
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Suspended due to yellow card in last game) - Tryndamere, Melee Carry/DPS/Jungler (When he's fed and plays well, he dominates the game. When he's not, he's just an annoying melee champ who wants all the feed and can stay alive a few seconds more due to his ulti that makes him unkillable.) [The biggest star player Sweden has, and probably the Biggest player too - tall as fuck. He does tend to do badly in the national games, though - Sweden has actually won ALL games he didn't play in, which says a bit about the possible detrimental effect on the team sense he has.]

FUCK THIS TOOK LONG.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NejinOniwa

ALSO: MY BIRTHDAY IS ON THURSDAY. I wonder what'll happen this year. Heheheheheheheh...

Dr. Kraus

ENGLAND will win it all in the end my friend, but good luck to Sweden!

Don't mind the 2010~

Happy early b-day!

NejinOniwa

HAH! Britons, you say? Can't kick balls that aren't attached to their nemesis' crotch, and that's only the scotsmen anyway. YOU WORTHLESS MAGGOTS WILL PROBABLY END UP BEATEN BY THE DANES IN THE QUARTERS OR SOMETHING, HA. >:3

Bella

Quote from: IanDanKilmaster on October 11, 2011, 03:31:51 PM@Pent:
I think the common thread there is that they're both from 2ch.  While the other entries under "Similar Entries" may not share that same origin, each of them in some way has something in common with the Pedobear meme (mascots, 2ch memes, pedo memes).

@Bella:
Maybe it could be used for talking about your life?  Like using a doodle or piece of photography to illustrate some aspect of your day or week or whatever.

I have to remember when I leave my account online :/.  So, like Pent a couple of weeks ago, I found myself taken out by a bout of stomach flu yesterday...

I think you're right on the first point.

As for my tumblr, I was considering doing something like that. Making it an art journal or whatever. I'll just leave it alone until inspiration strikes. ^^;

Sorry about becoming sick. : ( Glad to hear you're feeling better now and taking better care of your diet.

EDIT: Is anyone else having problems with viewing their account setting pages? I went in to change my signature, and did, and now I can't see my avatar or access my forum settings page.

Nichi

@Bella: I had that problem when I changed my sig a while back, but I was able to go back in and add my avatar back

@Dan: Hope you get to feeling better. When I had that stomach flu a while back, it was crippling when it first hit, but I powered through it

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on October 11, 2011, 06:39:14 PM
@Bella: I had that problem when I changed my sig a while back, but I was able to go back in and add my avatar back

Ah, I see... how long did it take before things were normal again? Or maybe I should just log out and then back in....

Nichi

You could try that. All I had to do was go right back into the user control panel and upload my avatar again

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: NejinOniwa on October 11, 2011, 05:52:37 PM
HAH! Britons, you say? Can't kick balls that aren't attached to their nemesis' crotch, and that's only the scotsmen anyway. YOU WORTHLESS MAGGOTS WILL PROBABLY END UP BEATEN BY THE DANES IN THE QUARTERS OR SOMETHING, HA. >:3