Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Thanks for the encouraging words, Paul. ;v;

So, I've gone through (nearly) an entire tank of gas in the last few days. I think Jane gets about 400 miles on a tank...... I can't figure out where it's all gone, but I have been driving all over the damned place, so yeah.

The car is beginning to feel like a part of my body. @______@

NejinOniwa

милая мама! нежная
мы так любили тебя
но все наши силуы
потраченуй были зря.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

Quote from: IanDanKilmaster on September 01, 2011, 12:47:06 AM
Yeah, not too keen on the art poseurs.  They can take one of their hipster cigarettes and jam it in their eye...

...then they can wear an eyepatch and call themselves "hipster pirates".

hug yourself for me, since most of the people at my school are like this and i'd like to toss them all down a well. :3
@bella: when you name a car, you know you're attached to it. most of the car names i've heard are female: jane, jade, cassie, and the beast.
@stew: your high school sounds nice. and while it's odd for a ceramics major to be teaching photography, you're not going to an art school, so cut them some slack, lol. ^^;
@pentium: it sounds it! and i'm sure you did great. ^^ also, traffic can be insane. i'm willing to bet we spent at least an hour stuck in traffic today. ^^;

today was excellent! got a great haul, finally, mostly stuff  i needed for school. ^^
sadly, though, i found out that tokyo kid, an anime store that is an icon in the area, is closing after nearly 20 years. when i heard it, it was like a knife through the heart (i've been going there for over 5 years now). they're aiming to close by the end of september, so instead of going to AAC this year, i'm going to save and buy out as much stock as i can from there.
on the upside, i got my friend mel the best birthday present ever and if any of you tell her over facebook i'll find you and kill you while you sleep. :3
her favourite animes are ruroni kenshin and yuyu hakusho, but she doesn't have much in terms of anime paraphenillia (she has some dvds, some manga, some pictures she printed off the internet, and a kurama plushie from yuyu). so when i saw a kaoru action figure there for only 15 bucks, i freaked--and my mum bought it for me on the spot. it's beautiful, and i wish i could keep it, but i know she's going to love it 10 times as much as i do, and her reaction is gonna be priceless. she's gonna scream. <333

i got alot of stuff today i had been meaning to get for awhile now, which is a relief. and just because i'm so hyped about it, here's a list of what i got today:

gyoza maker x2 (better deal than online, and they're in 2 different sizes ^^)
cutters (for vegetables, fruit, or cookies)
rice ball makers
sauce bottles (piggy and fish shaped, 15 of them)
elastic for bento (for my sister)
3 notebooks
4 folders
5-pack of pens
shichimi toragashi x2 (i've been looking for this for 3 years!!)
cooking sake
bull-dog sauce
dachi stock powder
sweet milk flavoured pocky (bought along with milk-flavoured pocky, both have already been eaten)
kaoru figure

there's a couple things left to buy, the majority of which are gonna be pretty easy to get. after this, i need to finish grocery shopping on saturday afternoon, and i go back on wenesday. :3
i'm really depressed about tokyo kid, but maybe i can go back and make sure that some of that stuff falls into good hands. :[

other than that, i'm tired and sore, and rode the subway for the first time in months today (in a weird way, i missed it), but it was a good day. and i found a disembodied finger from a hand mannequin. :\
TL;DR: today was a good day. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

That sucks that the store is closing, but if you see any figurines I might be interested in, let me know

IanDanKilmaster

Well I'm happy for you and for Pentium, Choco.  Still sad about Bella, but I'm sure things will improve with time.  I can't say I know what it's like to have a storm come through and cause your house to be unlivable for awhile, but knowing how damaging hurricanes can be, it could've been far worse.  At least your neighbors showed they cared - even if it was in one of the most ass ways possible.

Back to Kari, really blows that your anime store is closing, but it's a sign of the times sadly.  We never had an anime store at any of the places I've been, but the college town I used to stay in had a comic shop and a Sam Goody.  The comic shop didn't stay open long, and the Sam Goody was the nearest place we had to get animu stuffs (DVDs, clothes, ramune, and candy), but now there's an Asian Food Grocer in that town that I've never been.  The good news about it, is that since it's a grocery store, it's more likely to stay open.  Since there's a growing population of more "traditional" Asian families living in that town, it won't have to rely solely on capricious weeaboos. >.>

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

actually, unless there's a sore lack of asian groceries in your area, it's not automatically stable. there was a lovely, large asian grocery near here about 7 years ago or so, but it got smaller and then closed. :[

@pentium: they have ALOT of figures there. ^^ lots of large nendoroid and specialty figurines (they had a love is war miku and rin there, but they were rather expensive), ranging in price from about 40 to about 150-200. (by "figures" i mean the kind they keep in cabinets and special boxes, the action figure i got was the kind with the cardboard back and the plastic to keep it in place.)

lemme know if you want specifics, i get the feeling the guy would be willing to sell some online since the store seems rather desperate.

they have alot of imported cds and old/imported videogames, too. i saw a ps1 multitap in the case today. xD
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

That's the point, there is a sore lack of Asian groceries there.  Unless Wal-Mart can start providing more variety in that department (and admittedly, they are getting there >.>), Asian Food Grocer should do just fine.  I guess I should also mention that both the AFG and the Japanese restaurant in that town were actually in town for awhile, but it was in a very obscure out of the way in town - now they're both right off the highway in plain view.  It also helps they're in better buildings with nicer signs now.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

that and lower prices would do it. plus, there's alot of stuff you can't find at chain stores that you can at specialty grocers.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Choco: Some specifics would be nice (Figurines of characters from series you've seen me mention liking, for example). Also, depending on what they have, I may be interested in some of the imported games

Hey; maybe you'll end up somehow stumbling onto something that I could get my sister for Christmas, allowing me to begin chipping away at my Christmas list

stewartsage

Oh! Oh! Kari!  Do they have any SW figures?  Or Negima?  Or Haruhi Suzumiya?

Red-Machine

I want the Kuroko Shirai Beach Queens figure where she's wearing the bikini. :3
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

@Choco: Since I forgot to elaborate on what to look for, anything related to Haruhi Suzumiya, Gurren Lagann, or Card Captor Sakura I'd be interested in. However, if you see this CD at a reasonable price, try to buy it for me, please

Anyway, today went well at work, although I wish I had today off; I almost slept in late because of how tired I was

stewartsage

Orrr anything mecha musume.... mmm, tank girls.  But enough of that; I have one class on Fridays and it has been completed.

I also have that song stuck in my head now.

Bella

@Kari: I'm also gonna ask you to keep an eye out for any Haruhi, Code Geass, Ghost in the Shell or Gurren Lagann-or-Gainax-in-general-related stuff.

Today i did more driving... and attempting to dry photos.... there are decades worth of family photos setting in plastic boxes filled to their brims with flood-water. So I worked on drying those for about six hours.

Related: did you that photos can survive being suspended in flood water for 5+ days with almost no damage?

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS