Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

I have a feeling Hurricane Irene isn't going to be as bad as people are expecting...

Chocofreak13

my dad said the news said she's going to be a tropical storm by the time she's here. :\

either way, large plants and cats, inside
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Whew... I missed quite a bit in a short time...

Yep, I'm home again.

I don't think I'll comment much more on the education thing anymore, I think I've said my piece on that matter.  Obviously there was a bit of miscommunication, but I think any hurt feelings have been mended, so that's good.

On Irene, I'm not expecting much.  I've seen many a tropical storm in my day (I lived in Central MS during several hurricane seasons - even Katrina), and unless there's some sort of freak weather occurrence, she will have lost all of her strength once she reaches the Northeast.  Meteorology is definitely one of the less understood sciences at the moment, though, mother natural is a very cruel bitch in that regard.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

hell yes she is! ^^

also, since it's been nagging me since last night, i'm about to be a sophmore in college, danny. xD i'd absolutely hate to go through freshman year again. ^^;
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

xD Please, please don't call me Danny.

Don't think me rude for asking so, but only one person ever called me that.  ^^;

Okay though, Sophomore Kari it is :3.  Still, Sophomore year many students are still trying to figure things out.  Hell, I met someone who was a Sophomore for 5 years (all I could think was, "where do your parents get the money? @.@").

Chocofreak13

i just called you that to mess with you. i love doing that to people, i don't mean to insult or anything. it's just my way. xD

as for the freshman vs sophmore thing, i'd say i'm wiser than when i was a freshman: i know how many classes are too many for me, i know to photograph and catalogue all work once it's returned, and i'm fully adjusted to my commute. i also learned that getting out of class at 9pm isn't a good idea, considering i'd get home at 11. :3
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Unlike when you're a sophomore in physics, which only has taught you how much you DON'T know.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i think that might also work for philosophy majors.
actually, whatever degree you're going for determines how much you do or don't know by your second year. after all, if you're going for a degree in education, you might be able to teach successfully by your second year, but if you're going for education and history, it's likely you're not even close. :3

other than that, i was woken up too early. thus, i am cranky this morning. ><;
click to make it bigger

Remilia

I feel that I have to post this: http://jezebel.com/5833435/scientists-discover-that-men-can-be-bisexual

URL tells you everything you need to know.

Also:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Red-Machine

I'A DAGON!  I'A HYDRA!  IA!  IA!  LONG LIVE CTHULHU!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

@Choco: I also ended up waking up much earlier than I would have liked. I wish I could have slept longer...

@Remilia: Why do we need scientists to prove that, when there's Captain Jack Harkness?
Still, an interesting read

IanDanKilmaster

@Choco, I didn't think I had at first, but now I'm starting to wonder.  I felt so awake earlier, now I'm yawning uncontrollably.

Remilia's link made me chuckle... seriously.  Chuckled even more after reading the article and comments on said article. xD

I'm all for science and furthering our understanding of human psychology - especially the sexual aspect, but the only apparent point of this was to prove or disprove to those stubbornly skeptical few who believe it's impossible to be attracted to both sexes at once that one can be bisexual.  I've heard all kinds of arguments from all kinds of people about it, and it is such an absurdly close-minded view, no matter how it's justified.  The problem is, MOST of the people who hold this view aren't going to be swayed by something so flawed and refutable as "scientific evidence".

Chocofreak13

Quote from: IanDanKilmaster on August 27, 2011, 01:26:20 PM
The problem is, MOST of the people who hold this view aren't going to be swayed by something so flawed and refutable as "scientific evidence".

lol, so true. but i don't know how this qualifies as a "scientific discovery"......
i'm bisexual
my ex is bisexual
i got denied the right to donate blood because he's bisexual

:\

(also, caffiene helped. i'm much more awake now. :3)
click to make it bigger

Bella

I'll be honest... as somebody who's witnessed fluid sexuality firsthand (I'm asexual for just about everyone but the person I'm currently in a relationship with, and suspect I'd be pansexual [in the not-giving-a-damn-what-my-partner-is-if-I-love-them sense of the term] if I weren't a gray-ace/demi person) I really shouldn't be one to talk, but male bisexuality... confuses me. Or really any male/male attractions. I think it's because I have a near-impossible time conceptualizing the male romantic experience. (Seriously, I think if been born a dude I'd be hard ace, like the most flamingly un-sexual person in the world.)

I got woken up this morning by the Neighborhood Committee for Hurricane Preparedness, who made me clean up my yard/fold up the porch awning/sunshade thing and bring any breakables inside in preparation for Irene. :/

Chocofreak13

lol, neighborhood committe. do they conduct the neighborhood watch, too? xD

what's so confusing about male/male, btw? lots of species practice homosexuality. :\
click to make it bigger