Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on August 23, 2011, 02:05:39 PM
Also: There was a 5.9 earthquake about thirty miles from here.  Oh shit.

Where? D:

EDIT: I googled it... I've never heard of earthquakes happening in VA before :/ I just read online that it was felt as far away as Ottawa and Montreal, but I can't remember feeling anything today. (Was probably driving at the time, actually).

About a year ago there was a 5.0 earthquake in Quebec, it was felt throughout New England...

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

It really wasn't that big a deal, but DC flipped their collective shit.  Everyone around here was basically like 'Was that a truck driving by?'

Chocofreak13

it's all over the news. must have been a slow day for the reporters. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, I never got a chance to talk to my boss today to try and keep my schedule from moving to nights; the one time I actually need to talk to him, he's nowhere to be found. It may be futile, but I'll fight to keep my shift during the day; nights are when I relax and unwind from the day, not clean bedside commodes while dealing with people who treat me like crap because I have no interest in going to medical school

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Hello, University of Stockholm.
Hello, Physics candidate program.
Hello, SPECIAL RESEARCH BRANCH.

This is going to be a fun 9 years. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Remilia

9 years? That's nothing: I'm going to be a student forever.

Nichi

It's finally raining here...although at the unfortunate cost of the power going out very frequently.  Dammit

svx

It's bitterly hot outside

It's like there's... six or seven suns out there.
That's almost a million suns.

Chocofreak13

ugh. today has kind of sucked ass.
i thought we were going out earlier, so i shut down my computer.....which stopped the wireless card. it hasn't worked since, so maybe it'll work tomorrow. (i'm using my mum's computer right now.) i haven't been out of the house today, and all the plans we were making fell through. plus, my mother leaves tomorrow. my stomach hurts...... ;^;
(on the upside, i'm one episode away from being current with the 3 series i'm watching.)

@nej: just the thought of the cost of 9 years of college makes me want to cry, never mind the time.....i'm barely making it into my second year..... ;v;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Oh look two more years of college before I get my bachelors degree.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 24, 2011, 07:50:49 PM@nej: just the thought of the cost of 9 years of college makes me want to cry, never mind the time.....i'm barely making it into my second year..... ;v;

Quote from: stewartsage on August 24, 2011, 07:54:22 PM
Oh look two more years of college before I get my bachelors degree.

And I still haven't decided on what I'm going to do with college since the ones I want to go to would require me going away and starting a new life, and the one that's just down the street would require me compromising my principles to study something I don't want to. >:[

Nichi

Almost everybody at work keeps pressuring me into going to college, but they just don't understand why somebody my age isn't interested in that. In fact, some go as far as to discourage me from doing the things I want to do because college is "more important" (More important than an epic adventure into the unknown? I'm an adventurer, not a scholar)

Really; no matter what excuse I come up with as to why I'm not going, they'll completely ignore what I say and continue going on and on like a broken record. Nothing will get them to shut up about it, and it really pisses me off.